MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I wished Target gets more aggressive with their clearance price. It's moving at a snail pace at 30% off.
Agreed. Anything that starts at 15% clearance just sits there - it's a worthless phase. Some stuff in my area goes at 30% so that can be okay. I don't like salvaging out a bunch of product that could have gone to 70% and flown off the shelf.
But what I really wish is that ALL the product that will be going NOP would be marked clearance at the same time - it's so annoying when I reset a POG and end up with a pile of NOP that hasn't gone clearance yet. So I either have to flex it in (and locate it so I can find it when it does go clearance) or set it aside and mark it down later. (Product that didn't sell well at full price in its home location isn't going to sell at full price in a flexed location.) Just clearance that stuff out already.
Since this is a signing thread, I'll note that I do like the little 3x2 clearance tags - they really do draw attention.

My store has been diligently working on backroom bounce back/foundational best practices and I am looking for an obscure part for the GM-ETL: furniture safety arms that fit onto the orange bulk rack bars. I have found a version in GoCart (found part description in backroom profile info on WorkBench, see below) but the ETL doesn't think it's the right one. Anyone have any insight/part number on what I should look for or if anything else is even available anymore?
PXL_20230425_192942466.jpg

My store has been diligently working on backroom bounce back/foundational best practices and I am looking for an obscure part for the GM-ETL: furniture safety arms that fit onto the orange bulk rack bars. I have found a version in GoCart (found part description in backroom profile info on WorkBench, see below) but the ETL doesn't think it's the right one. Anyone have any insight/part number on what I should look for or if anything else is even available anymore?
View attachment 14892
That is the correct one. I ordered it for my store

I find it rather humorous that after years of trying to get rid of the presentation team through modernization and there always being more than enough work for a team, they bring back presentation (officially) in the pilot only to have basically no workload.

I find it rather humorous that after years of trying to get rid of the presentation team through modernization and there always being more than enough work for a team, they bring back presentation (officially) in the pilot only to have basically no workload.
Every year the workload drops around this time . Until BTS and from then on is go time till Easter again.

Every year the workload drops around this time . Until BTS and from then on is go time till Easter again.
I've seen it go down but never to the point like it is in June where there is basically the normal tech and nothing else. There are spl's but that is GM's baby.

GM TLs don’t own home and seasonal, Specialty sales TLs do.
Well I do. My store has one specialty tl so they get style, tech, beauty and baby hl (yes I know that's gm). I get stationery, kitchen, home, seasonal and pog team. Other gm tl has inbound and the rest of gm.

GM TLs don’t own home and seasonal, Specialty sales TLs do.
In stores that are reasonable and can actually figure that out. We have yet to do that and me and my other gm tl basically just do it because we can't unload trucks if we don't. Been through 3 specialty etls and idk how many specialty tls at this point.

Well I do. My store has one specialty tl so they get style, tech, beauty and baby hl (yes I know that's gm). I get stationery, kitchen, home, seasonal and pog team. Other gm tl has inbound and the rest of gm.
I think Baby Hardlines is officially part of Style again.

In stores that are reasonable and can actually figure that out. We have yet to do that and me and my other gm tl basically just do it because we can't unload trucks if we don't. Been through 3 specialty etls and idk how many specialty tls at this point.
I’m not sure why is that difficult. All the payroll got reallocated to style unless you’re an overnight store. In most stores GM TLs we’re rekeyed as specialty sales and your hours are in that bucket. It was essentially just supposed to change the ETLs that oversee that area. The process and payroll stayed the same and moved over to style.

I’m not sure why is that difficult. All the payroll got reallocated to style unless you’re an overnight store. In most stores GM TLs were rekeyed as specialty sales and your hours are in that bucket. It was essentially just supposed to change the ETLs that oversee that area. The process and payroll stayed the same and moved over to style.
it falls under the gm operations . We have 3 tl for gm operations .

it falls under the gm operations . We have 3 tl for gm operations .
Not sure if you’re a pilot store or not but home and seasonal falls under specialty sales in every store. Not sure about pilot stores but pretty sure it does in pilot stores too. Regardless if every store did it correctly or not I promise you the direction was style TLs are rekeyed to specialty sales TLs and most stores earned an extra specialty and lost a GM TL based of the workload switching. GM operations is not a title and never has been. I wasn’t trying to take out the signing and fixture thread I was just making a comment. I have no further comments on this and know not trying to start a discussion.

Not sure if you’re a pilot store or not but home and seasonal falls under specialty sales in every store. Not sure about pilot stores but pretty sure it does in pilot stores too. Regardless if every store did it correctly or not I promise you the direction was style TLs are rekeyed to specialty sales TLs and most stores earned an extra specialty and lost a GM TL based of the workload switching. GM operations is not a title and never has been. I wasn’t trying to take out the signing and fixture thread I was just making a comment. I have no further comments on this and know not trying to start a discussion.
Not a pilot store but I believe in the pilot kitchen and stationeary were taken back from specialty and specialty got baby.
I've had 3 specialty etls in 2 years and 6 specialty tls in 3 years. Style and beauty have suffered greatly that when the switch happened it was just never prioritized. Probably partially at fault since our gm/inbound team is pretty strong and we basically just kept doing it because it obviously needs to get done somehow. It's just something they don't understand. Our communication in my store has been atrocious. Etls just bicker and blame each other. When they "plan" out the workload for home seasonal, if you can even call it a plan it's that lazy and bad, they have never even considered asking the people who have done for years. It's lack of accountability and laziness.

Back