Starbucks Team Leaders

I'm really worried that I didn't order enough mocha this week >.< Past three days we went through 3 mochas.

I'm really worried that I didn't order enough mocha this week >.< Past three days we went through 3 mochas.
When do you get your order? If it seems that you will run out, try to start borrowing some right away tomorrow.

one of the doors fell off our hot bar fridge on Friday, right before the PMT left. he looked at it, shrugged, and walked out for the day saying he'd fix it on Monday. it's been soooo fun working all weekend trying to avoid using that side of the fridge and remembering not to open that door or slam the other one too hard. otherwise the door ends up on the floor! so far we've managed to keep it in temp, but uggggh what a pain. if it's not fixed by the time I go in tomorrow I'm going to cry.

When it happened to us, we taped it shut and used only the other side. I think he had to get some part and it was a few days to get fixed. Fingers crossed for you.

Yes, I got 4. They are white with holly leaves. I think they started today, but I forgot, so tomorrow.

I always have them go clearance--not sure why. We have lots of regulars who are coffee drinkers. You can probably get one at a stand alone.

In past years, I usually sold at least 4 of them to team members. 2 of them are gone now, but still. They could've at least sent me 4. I'm hoping it was just a mistake and maybe I can mySupport it.

Ours always sold out quick & we always have a lot of folks bring theirs in.
One of our newbs got taken by a guest who told her that the free coffee was good for all year.
The look on his face when I stopped her was priceless.
Of course, he never came back.

First Black Friday/Thanksgiving in Starbucks. What should I expect? Tomorrow (Wednesday), should we pull sandwiches/pastries and make syrups/sauce like usual?

First Black Friday/Thanksgiving in Starbucks. What should I expect? Tomorrow (Wednesday), should we pull sandwiches/pastries and make syrups/sauce like usual?
Depending on your normal volume & what your store's volume was LAST Thanksgiving, certain things you'll want to double or triple.
We pulled the usual pastries/sandwiches for a full day but extra on the holiday offerings; we make one bucket of mocha just before close Wed & make two more during Thurs evening prep; we have a two-tier cart in back with extra bottles of syrup already dated with pumps on, extra boxes of chai, toppings, frapp base syrups; we prep two extra whip canisters in addition to the four we usually use; nearly every shelf in the walk-in is stocked with milks; we grind extra coffee putting it in the filters on a parchment-lined tray; we keep 5 bags of espresso on the shelf at the ready; full boxes of each size/type cup/lid in the back, extra grandes on the bottom of the two-tier; we have a second set of tea pitchers prepped, we have two baristas coming in to prep, a third comes in at opening & one of the scheduled FATMs is also barista-trained.
We prep like it's war.

Last edited:
Good news, ish: the fridge got fixed yesterday but the door is still super loose and likes to slam open.

Frustrating news: our PMT STILL sucks. Months ago, he turned up the water pressure to the point that it was just ridiculously high. The dish sink would be overflowing with suds before the water was even halfway up, using the BPR required actual physical force to overcome the pressure, etc. We complained to him a million times. Nothing. Today he came in and was like, "By the way, your water pressure was too high. I fixed it," as though it were his idea all along. Only now it's TOO low. The sink fillers don't have enough pressure to pull chemicals, the BPR has such a light touch that you can actuate it by looking at it funny, and even the instahot tap is down to a slow pour. Plus we showed him that there was a problem with our ice machine, and once again, he shrugged and left. The day before Thanksgiving. We are massively screwed.

Everyone in the store knows how bad he is, too. We all complain. He's almost a running joke. How is he still working here?!

So my store brews Decaf, Blonde, Pikes, and Dark daily. For Thanksgiving night and going into the overnight portion. Should be brew all 4 or just stick to Pikes and Christmas Dark Roast (maybe Decaf)?

Start with the four & see which you keep re-brewing. If you're not getting any hits on blonde, shut it down; same with decaf.

Tbh, I would stick with Pike and maybe dark, maybe decaf. We actually sell decaf drinks before midnight for the shoppers who are going home to bed. Also, we don't sell too much brewed coffee that night, and with 3 people working, I would go nuts trying to keep up with more than 2 kinds. after midnight or so, Pike only for us until morning.

Back