Starbucks Team Leaders

In the box that our 9/6 signage came in, there was a smaller box labeled for the 9/18 launch. If you didn't get it I would reach out to your DM, there's still time.

All the Summer merchandise go on clearance tomorrow right? If so, anyone know what the % off so I can make signage to clear out my inventory.

All the Summer merchandise go on clearance tomorrow right? If so, anyone know what the % off so I can make signage to clear out my inventory.
Summer merch went on sale on the 28th, green 30% signage is in the soft launch kit.

Target did not participate in that. Had someone take a picture of the weekly update from last week.

oXTijKt.jpg

hi, question for SBUX TLs , do you guys get scheduled to close when there is a new launch i.e fall, winter etc? Does your ETL coordinate with you regarding the launch? Are you typically scheduled with another barista on launch night?
I am asking because none of the above happens for me, even when I tell my ETL.
I work an 8 hr shift and then have to stay later to setup for launch.

For all launches other than Christmas I do them myself during the day. I get everything done and set up and have the closing barista hang the menus and the counter cards.
I do let my ETL know I have a set so that he doesnt cut any of my double coverage that day but hes pretty good at leaving my Starbucks schedule alone.
I also write my schedules for Starbucks and Food ave and he just edits for hours
For the Christmas set I detrash early and have everything organized on fast movers and tubes, schedule myself to close with two others and do what I can. I am usually there late that night bc it's so much and we also usually decorate starbucks as well.
My ETL is really supportive of me mostly because he doesnt want to deal with it but it works for me.

If I was you I would sit down with my ETL and go over what you do for a set and what you need scheduling wise to make it happen and to go smooth.

Our SBTL works the closing shift doing as much of the set-up during hrs & finishing up after close.
I usually help by setting up a tub with signing, detrashed merch & other product so everything is ready & at hand.

How do I find out what all the health department inspects for in Starbucks? Is it online somewhere, or do I need to ask an ETL/TL?

So I'm not TL, but I am the main AST that usually takes care of Launch stuff. Our other AST person is in high school and she takes care of the menu boards and other signage at the end of the night.

We do not get allocated more hours for Launch set up, even though it typically takes me 2-3 hours depending on how much I need to change. Thankfully our shelves were already set up with core merch almost exactly how they wanted it to be, so it only took me about 2 hours yesterday. I had to stay late though.

One thing I will say is if you have the space and time in the week leading up to launch day, prep as much as possible. I always borrow one of those 3-tier carts they use on the sales floor and get any new merch set up in the cart before hand. That way I do not have to deal with all that cardboard and plastic the day off. It saves me so much time. I try to keep stuff for the towers separate from what goes onto the shelves. If I have time I then also get any of the smaller signage sorted as well. This method helps me so much so I just have to take the old merch off the towers, move things around, and then toss the new stuff where it needs to go.

How do I find out what all the health department inspects for in Starbucks? Is it online somewhere, or do I need to ask an ETL/TL?
If you go onto workbench and just search for steritech, the first option that I get is "Store Food Safety Assessment". It brings you to a page with a ton of information, but on the right there is a link for an excel sheet titled "2018 Assessment Questions by Department". Then there is also the reference tool in the middle. I've used both for teaching people on how to be prepped for Steritech.

@Humble TL

AST or I work the day before (usually coming in an hour early). Get everything built, detrashed, and ready in the morning. We usually do all of the lobby moves, and put out mdse throughout the day. Launch morning, we put up signs/menu boards and finish up. I usually come in an hour early launch day to make sure I have time.

Xmas, we detrash everything early. We work on it throughout the day before, then have 2 in early on launch day to finish up.

You should be making your own schedule. Early on, when ETL decided he knew better and was going to take scheduling back, I became quite annoying and a pain in his ass. I got it back after a couple of weeks. Try asking him what your peak hours are. Ask if he knows where to find out. Ask him what day delivery comes, and what day the order must be placed. Then, ask him why he thinks he would do a better job making the schedule than you do.

When I receive new merchandise, I usually demerch right away. And sort them out based on where they go on the Sirens Eye. I have my closing team the night before dust the area out. I usually sets certains signs up a few days early if it doesn't have any drinks we haven't released yet.

So by the time we get to setting things, it only takes me 30 or so minutes to set. I also write my teams Schedule, so that helps.

If you go onto workbench and just search for steritech, the first option that I get is "Store Food Safety Assessment". It brings you to a page with a ton of information, but on the right there is a link for an excel sheet titled "2018 Assessment Questions by Department". Then there is also the reference tool in the middle. I've used both for teaching people on how to be prepped for Steritech.

No joke. I asked if there was a guide or if it was all just hearsay. Not a single ETL or the SBX-TL had any sort of reference guide for the inspection. I KNEW that it had to exist. I think that the new SBX-TL couldn't find the "manager" food handler card for the health inspector because they never took the exam and did not have one. LOL. Good times.

No joke. I asked if there was a guide or if it was all just hearsay. Not a single ETL or the SBX-TL had any sort of reference guide for the inspection. I KNEW that it had to exist. I think that the new SBX-TL couldn't find the "manager" food handler card for the health inspector because they never took the exam and did not have one. LOL. Good times.
All of our “Food Safety Manager” certificates are framed and hung in food ave.

All food related TL has to take a class and take the certification test to be Food TL. Though I remember a few years ago it was required.

Yes, and renew every 5 years. Some places also need to have a food handler cert. We dont, and I'm not really sure what is involved.

All food related TL has to take a class and take the certification test to be Food TL. Though I remember a few years ago it was required.
Makes sense, and I don't think that it happened. How could you be the TL and not know where your cert is when the Dept of Health (not steritech) is there????

No minors should be scheduled after 9 PM in CA, yet, a 17 year old was scheduled to close and work until 11 PM at the same store.

So, strange things happen.

Out of 8 TMs.
3 quit
1 is transferring
2 are considering quitting
1 is staying
1 is TL

Should be an interesting Q4.

ETA: Summer merch is still at 30% off? I stopped by a Target in North San Diego, and it was only 30% off.

Back