Starbucks Team Leaders

So, I worked with a relatively newish Starbucks TM today, and she told me that when she can’t remember the small nuances of a drink, she uses the Starbucks app to remember the ingredients in a recipe, rather than finding the recipe cards (which are somehow always missing at my store). For example, she knew how to make a flat white, but couldn’t remember which kind of milk regularly goes into it, so she just looked on the app. What do you guys think of this? I thought it was a little clever, surely not something that should always be relied on, since it doesn’t explain things as well as the recipe cards, but still a cool idea.

It’s resourceful but it’s also a double edged sword because it’s a Steritech violation to have your phone out while in a food service area. Have your TL order new recipes cards and find a home for them.
Our TL is completely absent but I will try asking our AST. Thank you :)

Make sure to do a punch correction and put in a claim for your mileage!

Can you do that if you were assigned to (agreed to) work at a different store to help out? A team member (barista) was told that they could not do that by the SBX-TL, no less.

I think that they are supposed to do a punch correction for drive time at least?

Can you do that if you were assigned to (agreed to) work at a different store to help out? A team member (barista) was told that they could not do that by the SBX-TL, no less.

I think that they are supposed to do a punch correction for drive time at least?
They can but it’s subject to their STL’s approval.

Since when are labor laws and wages subject to approval? Isn't it a yes or no issue?
Not everything merits mileage pay. We aren’t getting mileage reimbursed every time we drive to work. It depends on the situation. I’m sure if the store they are supporting is significantly farther than their home store, then I’m sure they’d approve it.

Not everything merits mileage pay. We aren’t getting mileage reimbursed every time we drive to work. It depends on the situation. I’m sure if the store they are supporting is significantly farther than their home store, then I’m sure they’d approve it.
Thanks for the info.
I was only concerned about the distance from store A to store B. Not the distance from home to store A.

Thanks for the info.
I was only concerned about the distance from store A to store B. Not the distance from home to store A.
I think if they sent you during your shift it would count. I’m not that familiar with the policy but I definitely used it when I had to travel to multiple stores during one shift.

If you're not getting any support from Target leadership, maybe it's time to reach out to Starbucks. A threat to the franchise license should certainly open Target's eyes....
i had to because i was down so many team members. basically everyone important district and group target wise came up with a solution and while it wasn't exactly as easy as it was because everyone in the district is hurting, i got a ton of support

Thanks for the info.
i've only done training at other stores. we're entitled to drive time if your commute is longer. i was near a store that was about the same distance as my home store, so i couldn't claim drive time. others that were like an hour away i could claim. reach out to hr/hrbp if you don't get to claim those hours.

Hey guys! Is there a dcpi or sap number for the pastry cart or something to put all my pastries on? We are starting to use the pull to thaw worksheet and we need some way to organize all the pastries. .

Has anyone had baristas from another store come and help?
Hey guys! Is there a dcpi or sap number for the pastry cart or something to put all my pastries on? We are starting to use the pull to thaw worksheet and we need some way to organize all the pastries. .
I actually grabbed a metal rack from the floor and had the PMT customize it (height wise) and it worked out great , something like this! 7C859AE0-7A96-4796-98C4-280012115C47.jpeg

Has anyone had baristas from another store come and help?

I actually grabbed a metal rack from the floor and had the PMT customize it (height wise) and it worked out great , something like this!View attachment 6099

Yes, actually we had someone from the closest other target (about 35 minutes away) come in to train all of our new baristas when we had a few new hires at the same time since our TL wasn’t up to the task and we didn’t have an AST then.

And, we use a shopping cart for our pastry pulls 😂

If you go on the Master Item list for Starbucks on workbench, it’s on there under the SAP category.

I definitely started the day by grabbing the signing kit, thinking I had to do a Siren's Eye today. So instead, I had a lot of extra time to catch up on some things.

Does the cold foam maple pecan launch 9/6 or 9/18? I have the menu boards that have the signage for maple pecan that get put up 9/6 but on the period planning guide it says launching 9/18?

Back