Starbucks Team Leaders

Does anybody know if there is a specific Target policy against having a sign up on the counter to state that Starbucks is closed? Lately, closing team members have been having significant challenges with guests trying to figure out if Starbucks is closed(apparently turning all the lights off, not wearing aprons or hats, and cleaning everything isn't a big enough hint). It's not too big of a deal when they're in view and can reply to the guest to inform them we're closed, but our backroom door is kept open at all times and lately guests have been hearing the closer do dishes in the back and will try and walk around or walk back to ask if we're closed which understandably completely freaks out the closers. I asked my food ETL and she said she thought there was a policy against it but didn't know and would get back to me and hasn't for a month and a half now. If anybody knows please let me know!
We have a sign with hours on one side and the other just says closed.. we only use the closed side and put it at the register, which we ordered on go cart.

Has anyone been apart of a ecolab calibration and what it entails. Also if that is my ecolab visit or is there another going to happen for the quarter. Any info is better than nothing. Thanks!

Has anyone been apart of a ecolab calibration and what it entails. Also if that is my ecolab visit or is there another going to happen for the quarter. Any info is better than nothing. Thanks!
Search workbench to find a full list of stuff from Ecolab and its equivalent chemical from Diversey.
What happen since June 2019?
Jun 12, 2019
Jun 12, 2019
So we just got our ecolab visit and we have been told that we cant use the citrus gel anymore. Anyone have tips for what they use to destain other than the gel.

Last edited:
IIRC, the Q1 visit is usually a "calibration visit", meaning it doesn't really count... but don't quote me on that. Sometimes they look for new things at the beginning of the year, so it's hard to hold stores accountable for things that were never looked at last year. Obviously you should still take it seriously though. It should be your only visit, especially if you do well. If you fail miserably, then maybe you'll get another one this quarter.

Our first visit was a 'calibration visit' which gave us an opportunity to see what they look for, to check our current knowledge & learn what changes were made - like discontinuing the citrus gel & the large sanitizer wipes.

Anyone have the DCPI for the inserts (to hold tongs) for the utensil tray on the warming station?

Most likely candidate is 260-04-0283, "utensil tray". The items surrounding it (by DPCI) are all related to warming.
That is the Utensil tray itself, looking for the black plastic inserts that go into them.

If you want to order the plastic pieces you have to get the SKU from LSR and mysupport it. Hats what I did last time, otherwise you can order the whole bottom metal part which comes with the pieces already.

@Xanatos the only reason I asked about calibration in particular was because we got an email giving an itinerary of our food& bev director visiting stores with fbc pest control and ecolab region rep I know the first visit last year was a unscored visit because of them being new but I have not seen this kind of visit before also last year was 100% green

Eventually, somebody with a clue will realize that you can't calibrate a thermometer for a steam wand in ice water. It needs to be calibrated in the temperature range that is being used.
Source: 30 years of analytical chemistry and a lifetime of common sense.

Eventually, somebody with a clue will realize that you can't calibrate a thermometer for a steam wand in ice water. It needs to be calibrated in the temperature range that is being used.
Source: 30 years of analytical chemistry and a lifetime of common sense.
I'm pretty sure the manufacturer takes care of that. We make sure it reads ice water at about 32* to make sure it's still reading ice water correctly.

If it doesn't read approximately 32*, then it is defective, and it probably won't read anything accurately. Maybe it was defective to begin with, or maybe someone dropped it.

If it does read 32*, then it's highly likely that it is working correctly at all temperatures.

Back