Starbucks Team Leaders

Hey guys, I was hoping to get some insight on my current situation.
Since the beginning of the year, our team has diminished. I left in Jan. for an educational leave and we had a full team (About 8 people) Well since then, 1 got fired, 2 quit, 1 calls off a lot and is possible not coming back, on top of the TL resigned due to being blamed for everything (wasn't his fault but looong story) the day that he put in the 2 weeks, they call me and ask if there was any way I can come back sooner because they wanted me for the TL position.
I'm coming back to just maybe 3 people including me. (Another person wants to quit/possibly quitting soon) Team members from other stores don't want to come support because our store is very busy.
I know how to do some things, not everything though since I wasn't the team lead. Is it even possible to run the Starbucks with only 3 people? I really feel like there isn't. I start on the 22nd again, hopefully, talk to my ETLs about what their game plan is because essentially they don't really care about Starbucks unless the DM is there.
I know to stand my ground, and I know what is needed to run my bar given that I was my TL right-hand man and held it together, but without the resources he has, I'm not sure anymore. I don't want to give up but I also don't want to be run out like my TL basically was.

Do you guys make your own schedule? Our HR has been but they have been screwing us over and I asked my TL and he said he would try to see if he has influence over it but nothing changed. I would like to be in control of our schedule to an extent because they don't understand when we need more coverage and such.
How many hours are we supposed to be getting? I really feel like the store is taking hours from us to give to the store even though we need the hours.
There are so many questions I have that I'm afraid of my ETLs not anwering properly because they don't even know, or not answering properly because they want to keep me doing what they want rather than giving us what we need.

My ETL lets me write the schedule, but he owns half the store so ASANTS. My team ran with 3 baristas and a master barista/captain for a few months. Doable, but not pleasant. I would try to schedule a meeting with the Starbucks DM and explain the situation to see if more support can be given. There are also resources in Workbench about scheduling for Starbucks needs. With bringing these things up to leadership, it can often be helpful using policies to back you up. Best of luck!

Hey guys, I was hoping to get some insight on my current situation.
Since the beginning of the year, our team has diminished. I left in Jan. for an educational leave and we had a full team (About 8 people) Well since then, 1 got fired, 2 quit, 1 calls off a lot and is possible not coming back, on top of the TL resigned due to being blamed for everything (wasn't his fault but looong story) the day that he put in the 2 weeks, they call me and ask if there was any way I can come back sooner because they wanted me for the TL position.
I'm coming back to just maybe 3 people including me. (Another person wants to quit/possibly quitting soon) Team members from other stores don't want to come support because our store is very busy.
I know how to do some things, not everything though since I wasn't the team lead. Is it even possible to run the Starbucks with only 3 people? I really feel like there isn't. I start on the 22nd again, hopefully, talk to my ETLs about what their game plan is because essentially they don't really care about Starbucks unless the DM is there.
I know to stand my ground, and I know what is needed to run my bar given that I was my TL right-hand man and held it together, but without the resources he has, I'm not sure anymore. I don't want to give up but I also don't want to be run out like my TL basically was.

Do you guys make your own schedule? Our HR has been but they have been screwing us over and I asked my TL and he said he would try to see if he has influence over it but nothing changed. I would like to be in control of our schedule to an extent because they don't understand when we need more coverage and such.
How many hours are we supposed to be getting? I really feel like the store is taking hours from us to give to the store even though we need the hours.
There are so many questions I have that I'm afraid of my ETLs not anwering properly because they don't even know, or not answering properly because they want to keep me doing what they want rather than giving us what we need.
Go for the nuclear option, find away to contact your DM. Explain the situation and have him/her come in unannounced to observe the situation and days with little to no coverage. He /she puts your store on a non-compliance and forces your store to come up with a plan to address the issues. And have DM follow up. Sometimes you gotta let the store burn. When I was a TL, I wrote my team's schedule.

Lol, so I'm also a Shift Supervisor at a Company Operated Starbucks. Starbucks just announced internally that we have to remove all chairs in the lobby. All items off the condiment tables completely. Remove everything out of RTD and Impulse Fixtures. Person on POS cannot touch any cups, foods, etc. Once they get their order, customers must leave the store. Drive Thru stores will be drive through only. Official announcement i the News sometime tomorrow or Monday.

Last edited:
Lol, so I'm also a Shift Supervisor at a Company Operated Starbucks. Starbucks just announced internally that we have to remove all chairs in the lobby. All items off the condiment tables completely. Remove everything out of RTD and Impulse Fixtures. Person on POS cannot touch any cups, foods, etc. Once they get their order, customers must leave the store. Drive Thru stores will be drive through only. Official announcement i the News sometime tomorrow or Monday.
Dang it! There goes my gossip session with corp store folks.

Yup, that's what I was talking about above. My store is going to the "to go" model. Wonder how it will be handled in Targets.

I'd love to see them take out all our tables & chairs to discourage guests from lingering.
It would also get rid of the wifi moochers who come up for a small coffee before spending hours tying up a table.

Our state just limited restaurants to take out or delivery only, I think that includes Cafe and Sbux , no?

Maybe not close but not allow people to stay in the lobby. Storelink just update with signage tell people they can sit in our lobby. People order, get their stuff, and leave.

Anyone else hear anything? Was working this morning and haven't heard of any updates for us.

Whelp, my state (MN) just announced bars and restaurants across Minnesota to close to dine-in customers. So that pretty much answers that.

Answers what? My state did that last night and my Starbucks is still open. They also closed movie theaters today and probably something else that I don't remember.

This morning we roped off the seating and removed all napkins, straws, creamer...anything the guests could touch. Cafe was not allowed to sell soda or icees. At 4 PM we were told Starbucks staying open for to go orders only and Pizza Hut was shutting down until further notice.

My Target for the order from HQ to shut down Cafe/Pizza Hut a few hours ago. No one is allowed in the seating area. Starbucks will remain open but all chairs removed from lobby and condiment table cleared out.

Same here.
We moved all the chairs & tables to the center, removed all items from the condiment bar & began the shutdown at Cafe.
We'd just gotten a large Pizza Hut order & a lot of it will likely expire before we open again :(

Back