Starbucks Team Leaders

I will keep you guys posted don't worry :)
So I spoke to my ETL-HR yesterday and made him aware of all my frustrations and issues I've been facing with not having a TL and being responsible for the maintenance of Starbucks. I told him it's beyond my core roles to be leading a department and being responsible for TL issues without being a TL and that if this continues I'm not going to be running the department any longer. So my interview is scheduled this week :p

So I still haven't gotten my interview. I'm going to bring up the issue again because running Starbucks especially how high our volume is, is really draining on me especially when I don't have all the resources needed to fully take control of the department. I'm just an FSA and my team goes to me for any issue including the chaos that HR has done with our scheduling. I've been making sure the schedule gets written properly and I'm having a DSV visit with my Starbucks DM this Wednesday which I have to sit down with her and my ETL for about 3 hours. My question is, what do you guys suggest I do? I feel like I'm doing more than what an FSA is responsible for. Any suggestions please? :(

Sitting down with SBDM & ETL would be a PERFECT opp to mention your concerns.
I'd showcase everything you've done first THEN bring up the fact that you're doing all these duties WITHOUT the pay or rank.
It may seem like throwing your ETL under the bus in front of the SBDM but it's better than letting your ETL continue to dangle a carrot in front of you.
If the ETL decides to bring in an outsider, then you can step away from SB & let them handle it on their own.
If you REALLY wanna get their attention, pick up a voluntary term form & just keep it in the back of your folder.
Keep 'em guessing while they decide how long to keep you dangling.

Sitting down with SBDM & ETL would be a PERFECT opp to mention your concerns.
I'd showcase everything you've done first THEN bring up the fact that you're doing all these duties WITHOUT the pay or rank.
It may seem like throwing your ETL under the bus in front of the SBDM but it's better than letting your ETL continue to dangle a carrot in front of you.
If the ETL decides to bring in an outsider, then you can step away from SB & let them handle it on their own.
If you REALLY wanna get their attention, pick up a voluntary term form & just keep it in the back of your folder.
Keep 'em guessing while they decide how long to keep you dangling.
I met with my SBDM yesterday and I voiced my concerns to her so she already knows that that is one of the topics we will be discussing along with my ETL during our DSV visit.

Should I talk to my ETL-HR again? And if yes, what should I say?

You want to make it sound like you are concerned about the good of the store as much as possible.
About how difficult it is to serve the needs of the store from your current position.
How you don't have the access and authority you need to make thing run the way that meet SB standards.
Make it seem like you want the job to make things easier on them.

You want to make it sound like you are concerned about the good of the store as much as possible.
About how difficult it is to serve the needs of the store from your current position.
How you don't have the access and authority you need to make thing run the way that meet SB standards.
Make it seem like you want the job to make things easier on them.
^THIS!
Lack of rank hinders your ability to fully embrace your responsibilities to your team AND the store.
Thanks guys. I already told my ETL-HR that my lack of rank is hindering my ability to fully operate the way it needs to be so maybe I should try and give him examples? One of the examples I did give him was the chaos that the HR generated Starbucks schedule was and how I don't have access to MyTime scheduling.

Thanks guys. I already told my ETL-HR that my lack of rank is hindering my ability to fully operate the way it needs to be so maybe I should try and give him examples? One of the examples I did give him was the chaos that the HR generated Starbucks schedule was and how I don't have access to MyTime scheduling.
Yes. That is great!!! Also, how about being able to hold team members accountable when you aren't yet a TL?

Press your khakis, make sure you wear a good-fitting *clean* black polo, clean the mocha off your shoes & get a haircut!
Will do! I already got the haircut under control haha maybe I should shave. I don't know if stubble or facial hair is acceptable during an interview.

If you wanna be taken seriously, you dress seriously.
And keep some breath mints handy.
One of our TLs was coming off a high after his DTL interview when the STL told him that the DTL noticed his 'garlic breath'.
Oh wow that's embarrassing! I'll definitely make sure that does not happen to me.

Back