Starbucks Team Leaders

Remember to pace your thoughts, relax & you'll be fine.
You've already shown them that you can do the job & that you really want it.

@CoquiAzul youll do great!..my interview was though FaceTime with the DTL..so I just wore a spot shirt with pj pants:p.

Side note..I received a Toddy cold brewer auto shipped and the new refreshers and coconut n mango syrups..but no sirens eye:mad:..argh..any ideas what it all means??

@CoquiAzul youll do great!..my interview was though FaceTime with the DTL..so I just wore a spot shirt with pj pants:p.

Side note..I received a Toddy cold brewer auto shipped and the new refreshers and coconut n mango syrups..but no sirens eye:mad:..argh..any ideas what it all means??
Thanks! Oh you probably got those items auto shipped for the next promotions. Did you receive a mail packet?

Here's an email sent from my Starbucks DM this afternoon. We'll probably get more information in the mailpack this week.

"Hello Everyone,
Starting on July 7th we will launch our Summer 2 Promotion. With the Summer 2 Launch we will be introducing a new way to brew iced coffee at Starbucks. This new process is called “Cold Brew”. Both our Ice Coffee and Cold Brew will be core beverages that will be offered in all stores. Due to the unique way that the Cold Brew is made, I would like to provide a few quick highlights about the process so you and your team can start problem solving and getting prepared for the launch on July 7th.
As always you will receive training materials and job aids with your Summer 2 workbook that is due to arrive in stores this week. It is going to be very important that you and your team thoroughly read thru the training materials as soon as they arrive. You will also probably start to see the product along with the small wares arrive this week in stores.
Cold Brew Details
·Cold Brew Coffee Blend is washed African coffees along with Latin American beans
·Brewed in small batches with cold water and steeped overnight for 20 hours
·Once brewed the coffee is transported into dispensing pitchers and has a 5 day shelf life
Cold Brew Small Wares (these items will be autoshipped)
·Cold Brew Coffee Blend (5 lb bullets)
·Toddy Brewer
·Toddy Filters
·Replacement Spigot
·Cold Brew Labels for dispensing pitchers
·Lids for Cold Brew Ice Coffee dispensing pitcher
Cold Brew Small Wares (these items need to be ordered by the store ASAP)
·5 additional dispensing pitchers – sku 438515 (these are the current pitchers you use for ice coffee and tea. One batch of Cold Brew will dispense into 5 pitchers so you will need extra to accommodate this. Coffee CAN NOT be left in the Toddy)
·5 grey blank lids – sku 196063 (the lids for cold brew will not arrive until after launch. The grey lids can be used until the new orange lids arrive.)
Items to Problem Solve with your Team
·Where will the store keep the Toddy during the brewing process for 20 hours? (please think of food safety guidelines as the Toddy cannot be sitting on the floor. You will also have to dispense the cold brew into pitchers so you will want the Toddy to sit higher up so you can get a dispensing pitcher under the spigot to dispense)
·The Toddy takes 14 liters of water – you will have to use filtered water from the store. Once the Toddy is full of water, you may be moving the Toddy to its location to brew – how will you move the Toddy to its brewing destination? (you will not be able to carry it as it will be extremely heavy and not safe)
·You will need to find space for 5 pitchers of Cold Brew in your refrigerators
·How will you know when the 20 hours are up for brewing? (the coffee must be dispensed immediately into pitchers once the 20 hours are up or the coffee will not be good. It’s all about quality just like our brew coffee and this standard MUST be followed as the coffee will taste horrible if it is steeped longer than 20 hours)
Training for Cold Brew
·Once you have received the product and equipment, you will want to brew a batch prior to launch day for training
·Once you make your first batch for training, please ensure all baristas have tried it and can speak to the taste and how to make it. It is also made differently once you serve it to the customer as you will add water to it (see recipe cards)
·Since you will have 5 pitchers, you can also provide samples to customers and let them know to stop back on July7th!
·We launch on July 7th – which means the first batch will need to be steeped sometime on July 5th so it is available on the opening of July 7th.
Please reach out if you have any questions after you have read all of the training materials.
Thank you"

Also, the mango syrup will be for a black tea/black tea lemonade. Coconut will be for a mocha coconut frap (probably can make it as a latte just as easily, but will primarily be promoted as a frap because it's summer). The new refresher will be replacing the valencia orange refresher (my favorite...).

We are in the same boat except mt tl just quit because she was unable to get our vibe scores green. I hope things work out for you you seem really dedicated.

Any time, kid.
Now, get ready to set up the toddy.
I pulled out the filters for those things; you could cut holes in them & make a toddler dress they're so freakin' big!

Any time, kid.
Now, get ready to set up the toddy.
I pulled out the filters for those things; you could cut holes in them & make a toddler dress they're so freakin' big!
I know! That and figuring out where I'm going to put it -.-

Back