Starbucks Team Leaders

Talked to our SBTL & they said it took them longer this year as well despite prep (unwrapping tumblers like Xanatos said, stacking sorted items in carts to pull out as they're set).
@Ladida0905: I know the city mugs are popular but maybe trim back their space on your shelf & fill one of your older baskets with them.

@redeye58 ...omg thank you!!..you're the only one that really got what I was saying:D..I may do that but yes I started in boxing at 3 and it still took forever and it was 3 of us. But I think I should have had more help..one person left at 5:30 and it was then just me and another until close. Then they didn't want us unboxing in the dining room so we had to go by the unused check lane. I agree I may have to take one of the mug tables down because I still need space. I get the map is the map..but goodness my dm isn't crazy about that sirens eye she just wants a lot of merch. I was trying to get helpful ideas.. So thank you @redeye58

If you've got three of the older baskets, use them for non-holiday merch so you might have better opp to follow Siren's Eye while still getting your popular sellers out.
Our city mugs always sold out (we have a lot of music festivals & sports events around here) so I finally started ordering them by the casepack.

Talked to our SBTL & they said it took them longer this year as well despite prep (unwrapping tumblers like Xanatos said, stacking sorted items in carts to pull out as they're set).
@Ladida0905: I know the city mugs are popular but maybe trim back their space on your shelf & fill one of your older baskets with them.
I had prepped as well with my team two weeks ago and while it was a big help, it still took us longer than I expected.

@Ladida0905
Your DM doesn't care if you follow sirens eye? Anyway I would try and make as much room for the holiday cups as much as possible because people will be buying them. Last year they did really well and we were constantly having to stock retail.

@CoquiAzul nope she doesn't. One time she came and asked why I didn't get more out and I said it doesn't follow the sirens eye and she showed me what another store did that she loved (which didn't follow the sirens eye at all) she said the sirens eye is only a guide..but she doesn't care..it's about the "customer journey"..lol so that's why I wanted everyone's opinion because I have more creative freedom..just limited space.

Did you guys have 3 people or two??..it was just me and another and we were busy at times

Well all DMs are Starbucks employees so they should follow the same standards in terms of operations but everyone is different. For me, I did the set up with myself and another TM, and I scheduled three closers to handle the floor while we set up the retail.

I did 90% of it myself, but I had enough coverage to make sure I never had to step behind the bar to help a single guest all 8 hours. Although this morning my opener texted me and I forgot to put up some of the smaller signage. Oh well.

What I loved was the signage that was already made for the floor baskets. Saved so much time not having to write it out yourself.

I wrote out my first chalkboard. I had to erase the gold "good cheer" 3 times before it looked passable! Needless to say, the TL training me was glad to have an extra pair of hands helping with the holiday set.

I was wondering that myself haha. Without giving away my store, there have been a lot of changes in leadership. The new-in-role Plano TL is Starbucks trained, so I think he was planning on doing the holiday set.

That's good, as long as there's someone to get that done for you. It's also great to have another TL Starbucks trained.

At least I hope that's what happened. Or else I will be VERY far behind and VERY not brand when I get back to my store.

It would be completely consistent with my store to "forget" about Starbucks and a very important new set. Better to triple check.

Back