Starbucks Team Leaders

Just a quick poll: What are your store volumes and how many hours do you get each week? Because my team and I are feeling totally overwhelmed. We are a target ULV ($24M/year) and a Starbucks VO4 and I'm allocated 150 hours per week (we are open 91 hours per week). Whenever I write the schedule I over-post by 6-7 hours, but our fill-to-need % is red (65-75%) every day. How can they project our needed staffing, but then not give us enough hours to schedule that many people?

Omg! I hate that Cherry Blossom Frapp! It's nothing like the Japan version. Starbucks just sent the communication around 3pm this past Monday. The matcha sauce is gross. And matcha powder on whip? Um, no thanks.

On a positive note, I love the Caramelized Honey Latte. It is a great alternative to Caramel Brulee!

Just a quick poll: What are your store volumes and how many hours do you get each week? Because my team and I are feeling totally overwhelmed. We are a target ULV ($24M/year) and a Starbucks VO4 and I'm allocated 150 hours per week (we are open 91 hours per week). Whenever I write the schedule I over-post by 6-7 hours, but our fill-to-need % is red (65-75%) every day. How can they project our needed staffing, but then not give us enough hours to schedule that many people?
I'm a VO1 Starbucks and right now I have 365 hours. My store tries to take my hours but I don't let them.

I'm located at a AA volume store. And we are only allocated 155 hours a week (typically) this week is a rare week and they only gave me and my team 135. We can definitely feel the struggle. We are usually overwhelmed but we have a strong team and can handle it. STL says he's more concerned with the store sales vs starbucks because it's so small. Still fighting for more than 155. Just tough time right now :(

Omg! I hate that Cherry Blossom Frapp! It's nothing like the Japan version. Starbucks just sent the communication around 3pm this past Monday. The matcha sauce is gross. And matcha powder on whip? Um, no thanks.

On a positive note, I love the Caramelized Honey Latte. It is a great alternative to Caramel Brulee!

It tasted like pure sugar to me and didn't fit well. Didn't like it at all

Is caramelized honey live? I've been dreaming of a caramel apple spiced with the caramelized honey syrup....

How can they project our needed staffing, but then not give us enough hours to schedule that many people?

I'm a VO1 Starbucks and right now I have 365 hours. My store tries to take my hours but I don't let them.

I'm located at a AA volume store. And we are only allocated 155 hours a week (typically) this week is a rare week and they only gave me and my team 135. We can definitely feel the struggle. We are usually overwhelmed but we have a strong team and can handle it. STL says he's more concerned with the store sales vs starbucks because it's so small. Still fighting for more than 155. Just tough time right now :(
My former store is an A+ but I believe our SB is ~VO4; we would get 150 hrs/week but our store would skim off as much as 20%. We were stretched as thin as wallpaper.
Part of the reason I left.

Our store is A+, bordering on AA, and I believe our Starbucks gets between 250-300 hours. I was talking to our SBTL before she left, and our Starbucks has some of the highest sales figures in the group.

My ETL-OPs yesterday told me that there was bad news for me and told me that I have to underschedule the new two weeks out schedule we started writing yesterday and today because we are closed Sunday and it's not fair for me to get the same amount of hours while other work centers dropped in payroll. I told her I needed those hours and she responded by asking me why I needed those hours. Are you kidding me? I told her I can use those hours to organize orders, do extra cleaning tasks that the STL wants us to do and to prepare for my follow up visit with my SBDM next week. And she's like "Well we all need to pull our weight and help the store." I tell her "It's funny how Starbucks is suddenly part of the store but when I need back up, no one can help me. I'm only part of the store when it's convenient like today for instance, I'm the only work center with 100 scores." Then she tells me I have 100 more hours than Softlines and I told her that anyone can help out Softlines and the front end, but it's not like I can grab someone from Softlines and have them become a barista in 5 seconds. And she just shrugged and walked away. Those are MY HOURS you're going to have to fight me for them lol

@CoquiAzul:
My SB dealt with hour theft regularly & we didn't have that much to start with.
Despite that, our scores were always green (when the rest of the store was red) but we weren't allowed so much as a free drink while other TLs gave free SB drinks for anyone who remembered to wear their nametag.
/end rant

@CoquiAzul:
My SB dealt with hour theft regularly & we didn't have that much to start with.
Despite that, our scores were always green (when the rest of the store was red) but we weren't allowed so much as a free drink while other TLs gave free SB drinks for anyone who remembered to wear their nametag.
/end rant
It's BS. Target really doesn't understand Starbucks. I don't know why they have us but can't even support the business.

So I don't normally like the matcha powder, but it's so subtle in the CBF that I think it actually adds to the drink and makes it better.

Someone asked if we could do it as a latte. I did it by steaming both the milk and juice together then did the drizzle like a macchiato. Can't imagine it tasted that great.

It's BS. Target really doesn't understand Starbucks. I don't know why they have us but can't even support the business.
I feel like it's such a gamble for sbux. Target doesn't care about protecting sbux brand. I feel like there will be more stores in compliance.

Back