Starbucks Team Leaders

I feel like it's such a gamble for sbux. Target doesn't care about protecting sbux brand. I feel like there will be more stores in compliance.
They're crazy. I wish SBDMs had more control over the staffing.

Yes. They should have written some hours guidelines into the contract or something.

My ETL-OPs yesterday told me that there was bad news for me and told me that I have to underschedule the new two weeks out schedule we started writing yesterday and today because we are closed Sunday and it's not fair for me to get the same amount of hours while other work centers dropped in payroll. I told her I needed those hours and she responded by asking me why I needed those hours. Are you kidding me? I told her I can use those hours to organize orders, do extra cleaning tasks that the STL wants us to do and to prepare for my follow up visit with my SBDM next week. And she's like "Well we all need to pull our weight and help the store." I tell her "It's funny how Starbucks is suddenly part of the store but when I need back up, no one can help me. I'm only part of the store when it's convenient like today for instance, I'm the only work center with 100 scores." Then she tells me I have 100 more hours than Softlines and I told her that anyone can help out Softlines and the front end, but it's not like I can grab someone from Softlines and have them become a barista in 5 seconds. And she just shrugged and walked away. Those are MY HOURS you're going to have to fight me for them lol
I agree with the vast majority of what you said, but I always try to cut my hours slightly for the week of Easter. I have a million ways that I could use those hours (like putting away some of the tumblers that I got in an order a month ago that I haven't had time to get to...), but I'll survive without a few hours. I can't cut quite as many as they want because I have to come in early to prep all the things that normally would've been done the night before, but I can cut around 90% of what I would've used on Sunday.

Might have had the grossest order I have ever made tonight. A lady ordered venti VBF with WM sauce instead of milk. :eek:

When I was a SBTL, we were a V04, but they only gave us 120-130. The team was always stressed and unhappy. The system gave me 150-160, but the store needs came first. There were a few weeks when my ETL would not give me more than 110. I called my DM, but his hands were tied. I wish there was something in the licensing agreement about this. We had so few hours, we couldn't keep the brand very well. For instance, there were times they cut our mid, so they would make my team shut down Starbucks for breaks and meals. Glad I left. Target does not give Starbucks and their Starbucks team the respect they deserve.

We had a couple of SBTMs scheduled as cashiers so they could a) pick up needed hours & b) cover SB/FA breaks as needed during the closing shifts but we still had to nag the GSTL to send them over when we were trying to take our break (during a slow period).
There was one GSTL in particular who'd say they were 'in the middle of a rush' so they couldn't send the person over.
I busted them real quick when I walked out from my area & looked at the lanes (1-2 guests TOTAL), walked up to the GSTL & said "Well?"
"I don't have enough coverage. They're helping out salesfloor right now."
"Not my problem. You skipped over our breaks."
After continuing to blow me off, I called the LOD over.
Next thing on the walkie, "GSTL, send SBTM over to cover breaks."
After several times of this, my SBTL & FATL went to the STL.
Another reason I left.

When I was a SBTL, we were a V04, but they only gave us 120-130. The team was always stressed and unhappy. The system gave me 150-160, but the store needs came first. There were a few weeks when my ETL would not give me more than 110. I called my DM, but his hands were tied. I wish there was something in the licensing agreement about this. We had so few hours, we couldn't keep the brand very well. For instance, there were times they cut our mid, so they would make my team shut down Starbucks for breaks and meals. Glad I left. Target does not give Starbucks and their Starbucks team the respect they deserve.
I would have called my DM when they shut down Starbucks for breaks and lunches so she could come and slap a NNC on their asses.

I would have called my DM when they shut down Starbucks for breaks and lunches so she could come and slap a NNC on their asses.
I wanted to. I even mentioned that it was not ok. My ETL was a real bully and threatened my job. Long story, but I was told that they had to do what was right for the store.

I wanted to. I even mentioned that it was not ok. My ETL was a real bully and threatened my job. Long story, but I was told that they had to do what was right for the store.

See that's a tough call.
What's right for the store also means meeting the contract that Target has with Starbucks which includes not shutting down.
You would think that the STL would want to avoid getting into that side of the issue.
No matter how much labor you might be saving it doesn't help any if the store gets fined.

I definitely agree with you, Commie. But, if I told my DM, they would have found a way to write me up for the dumbest of reasons. That store was extremely corrupt at the time. From what I hear, things are not much better. The same STL is still there and this is how they want things. I had a former tm of mine call the other night, just to vent about all the foolishness. .

Copied directly from workbench:

Starbucks Hours Allocation
Page Content
Beginning in March, Starbucks payroll allocation will be executed differently in order to support business growth and ensure guests receive outstanding service.
  • Analysis shows that lower volume stores have the largest opportunity to grow sales.
    • Historically however, hour allocation has been the leanest in these stores which often results in longer lines, lost sales, and guest and team member dissatisfaction.
    • Most mid to high volume stores will see minimal changes in their allocations (slight reductions).
    • Lower volume stores will have additional hours allocated to Starbucks.
  • To prove the success of this new approach, it is critical the hours allocated to your store for Starbucks are used in that work center and are not reallocated to other areas of the store.
    • Data shows that those stores that use 95%-100% of their Starbucks hours show increased sales growth and improved operations (which is good business for Target as Starbucks is the MOST profitable business in the store and 8% of an average store's transactions happen in Starbucks!)
    • Hours for Starbucks are independent and are not impacting hours allocated in other areas of the store
      • Hour allocations may be higher than other work centers in the store because Starbucks requires team member staffing during all hours of operation.
  • Before April Schedules are Written – Fully schedule all hours allocated to Starbucks within the Starbucks work center.

I already sent this in an email to my STL, ETL-HR, ETL-SF/GE, and another email to all SBTLs in the city and the SBDM. Fingers crossed.

Was there anything about what the hours are supposed to be? I'm stuck at 120 which makes it tough to maintain brand over there! I will have to check it out tomorrow when I close (LOD). I was talking to my ETL about hours this morning, and was told that its tough all over. I will send that same email.

Was there anything about what the hours are supposed to be? I'm stuck at 120 which makes it tough to maintain brand over there! I will have to check it out tomorrow when I close (LOD). I was talking to my ETL about hours this morning, and was told that its tough all over. I will send that same email.
Nope. It's whatever the hours are in myTime. Any TL can check out how many hours they are supposed to get. In myTime, the top right corner has a few options - maintain current schedule, then something useless for us, then wednesday create new schedule (or something like that). That 3rd option will tell you how many hours are allocated to each workcenter. Starbucks is towards the top.

Note that the backroom hours are ridiculously underestimated. My store is allocated anywhere from 70-120 hours lately, but will spend anywhere from 180-260 and still leave a few vehicles of backstock at the end of the night. Some of the TMs suck, but even the best TMs couldn't do it on 70 hours. And that means every other workcenter needs to reduce their hours a lot to make up for it. Also, Food Ave hours are ridiculously overestimated. My store is supposed to get 120 hours per week, but we survive on 80 (and when I have fully trained TMs over there, they still have plenty of time to get cleaning done). I think most other workcenters are decently allocated.

Back