Starbucks Team Leaders

I've taken lunches in Starbucks before too :rolleyes:. Has the blender pitcher rinser changed your life yet? My team goes nuts if its out of commission for 15 minutes.
It took us ages to get our bpr after we opened. Now I could not live without it. But a few weeks ago the water pressure in the store increased drastically and now it acts weird. Oh well. I still love it.

On another note, where can I find the scan sheet for summer 2? I could swear we had one but it's gone rogue and I can't seem to find it on Workbench. We've had a ton of people redeeming the grande cold beverage cards and it'd be nice to actually do them officially rather than just do a random Starbucks coupon for them.

Last edited:
Has anyone (who's had a remodel to include the turbo chef oven) noticed an increase in temperature in their Starbucks? It's been a recent thing with us since our remodel about a month ago and it's starting to really bother us. So far it's melted random nearby pastries and have resulted in guest complaints.

it's melted random nearby pastries
I have tried and tried to no avail to get my baristas to stop leaving cake pops by the TurboChef. they get ruined in literal seconds. it is nice when you need to emergency thaw a few though...

between the TurboChef, the Mastrena, and the sheer number of fridges, coupled with the fact that we're along an outside wall of the store, it is unbearably hot behind the bar. we fight over who gets to pull pastries sometimes just to stick our heads in the freezer.

Has anyone (who's had a remodel to include the turbo chef oven) noticed an increase in temperature in their Starbucks? It's been a recent thing with us since our remodel about a month ago and it's starting to really bother us. So far it's melted random nearby pastries and have resulted in guest complaints.
We've always had the oven, and it is typically hot in summer (in winter, we sometimes get a steady cold wind from the doors, and we all wear black fleeces). Our oven is nowhere near the pastries. It is directly across from the Mastrena, and creates a warm front in the middle of our sbux.

It took us ages to get our bpr after we opened. Now I could not live without it. But a few weeks ago the water pressure in the store increased drastically and now it acts weird. Oh well. I still love it.

On another note, where can I find the scan sheet for summer 2? I could swear we had one but it's gone rogue and I can't seem to find it on Workbench. We've had a ton of people redeeming the grande cold beverage cards and it'd be nice to actually do them officially rather than just do a random Starbucks coupon for them.
Dpci for PBR IS 260-04-0081.

So it's 75 degrees here. I have made a dozen hot chocolates and countless hot drinks. Almost no frapps. Funny.

I'm very interested to hear about it for sure. right now I'm salty that we don't get to participate in denim week.

edit: okay, someone posted the link on reddit! it looks pretty good to me. even though it's still pretty basic, it includes a lot more choice. now to see what parts of it Target will allow...

http://globalassets.starbucks.com/assets/5cdbf4a69a4d421494354784ddd4fabc.pdf

I'm guessing at least the hair color, since Target already allows hair color, and I will admit that's the part I'm most excited about. even if they don't let us change our clothing style, even if I'm stuck in black and khaki forever, I'll be happy with my funky hair. and even though I'm the only barista at my store that bothers wearing the required hat anymore, if I can wear a beanie, I will be in heaven.

Last edited:
I knew it was coming. I thought I missed it. Had a barista dye her hair purple last week :eek:, so I was really hoping that was part of it. I'm going to go ahead and say that that one will be fine with Target. She will be happy.

Neutral colors should be fine, I would think, but not patterns. Not sure about a beanie though. And how do you get away with no hats at your store? Shorts and jeans will be a no, of course. And I didn't fully understand the new collar requirement. Hemmed or rolled neck is fine, but not ribbed?

At any rate, on a practical level, it will be between me and my DM. If I told my ETL/STL that we had to switch to orange pants and pink tops they would never know the difference. :cool:

I'm sure Target will keep a certain amount of uniformity but we've always been allowed tats, outre hair colors, etc even when Starbucks didn't permit them.
It would surprise me if Target allowed different shirt or pants colors since we're still under spot's payroll.

I had a TM that had a sleeve and I felt bad always having them cover it up with how hot it gets here. Good thing the policy changed so she's happy.

Legit my WHOLE team is either doing an loa.. Have put in their notice.. Or one- dropped to 11 hours on weekends... All are going from hs to college. I am freaking out.. As a new team lead part of me is really excited to train new team members from the start and the other part is horrified that I can't train well enough.. But most of all.. We have two weeks to hire and train at least 3 people so it is not just me and my team member who is working 11hrs. When I talked to my hr etl today she gave me attitude for expressing concern about this.. I simply wanted to feel reassured that they were actively hiring because right now it only state's that we are hiring 1 seasonal position for sbx. Suggestions? It left weirdly.. I just didnt really respond to her attitude.. She usually is great..

You should definitely hire more. It's a requirement for each Target Starbucks to have at least 8 certified baristas. A really small volume store can get by on less, but it's still better to have more (to prepare for the exact situation that you're in). Also, at this point in the year, we need to be hiring for 4th quarter. Think about how long it takes to get someone hired, trained, and then comfortable in Starbucks. It's months. You want to get that process started early. If anyone can appreciate that notion, it should be an ETL-HR.

Also, it can be a great thing to hire and train a whole new team. When I did it shortly after I started, I was able to train people exactly how I wanted them to be trained. No more bad habits. Plus I had more experience than them, so they really respected my opinion.

EDIT: I like how the question was posted 7 minutes ago and at least 3 of us have read it already.

Exactly what Xanatos said. Hiring is the first step but for them to get comfortable in Starbucks it does take months. I remember it took me like three months to feel like I knew what I was doing.

Back