Starbucks Team Leaders

So, today I was able to order decaf espresso in 1lb bags! You high volume folks don't know how awesome this is :D.
OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO GO TRY IT AND TAKE ALL THE CREDIT FOR GETTING IT BACK BECAUSE I MYSUPPORTED IT.

But on a related note, a couple months ago I accidentally ordered 4 cases of decaf espresso because I wasn't thinking and just wanted to order 4 bags to get 1 full case in. Yeah I got like 4 months worth and I'll be working through it for a while.... oops...

But that's going to save us sooooo much money and product. Man this is great.

I'm also looking for the recipes for the Molten Trio beverages. None of my team remember/were here last year. I have reached out to a couple of other TL but haven't heard back. Silly me, I thought the recipes would be on Workbench like the Tuxedo beverages were or would be somewhere in the box but unfortunately no. I read the description on the link above and
drinks sound like mocha & java chips but have no idea how to make espresso mocha whipped cream.

I'm also looking for the recipes for the Molten Trio beverages. None of my team remember/were here last year. I have reached out to a couple of other TL but haven't heard back. Silly me, I thought the recipes would be on Workbench like the Tuxedo beverages were or would be somewhere in the box but unfortunately no. I read the description on the link above and
drinks sound like mocha & java chips but have no idea how to make espresso mocha whipped cream.

The recipes were FedEx to me in an envelope . The espresso whipped cream is just 3 pumps of hot bar mocha, 2 decaf ristretto shots and heavy whipping cream to the max line on the steaming pitcher :) Just stir and pour into the whip cream container!

does anyone else's store use the 'visual management' for brewed coffee thing? so basically we take one of the Rubbermaid cubes, measure how much coffee we'll need for a daypart based on what size pot we're brewing, and then we're expected to use that amount during that time so that by the end of the day the whole 5lb bullet is gone. the problem with this is we NEVER use a full bullet, ever. even if we brew coffee every single half hour, there will still be a good two to three inches of coffee left in the bin. our TL has directed us to toss this. uh?! what happened to 'lean thinking?' I mean, I'm tempted to at least just grind it all up and brew it or use it for pourovers (I'm used to switching Pike to pourover about an hour before close because nobody orders coffee that late and then we have more beans to carry on through the week), but that feels wasteful too, because we still won't sell that coffee.

I know this direction came from our DM. I think this was how she wanted us to solve the issue that there were times when she came in when the coffee timer wasn't running. and yeah, I know that's an issue, but the solution isn't to force us to use a set amount of coffee; the solution is to give us enough people to do the work because 99% of the time, if the coffee timer isn't running, it's because all the available baristas are doing guest-related tasks and haven't had time to get to it yet. we NEVER serve expired coffee. I just don't see why we have to be forced into so much additional waste because of this.

The recipes were FedEx to me in an envelope . The espresso whipped cream is just 3 pumps of hot bar mocha, 2 decaf ristretto shots and heavy whipping cream to the max line on the steaming pitcher :) Just stir and pour into the whip cream container!
Are you able to post a pic of the recipes for drinks? I never received a mail pack

I got them in a mailpack too. I can take a pic when I go in, but I close.

A 5 lb bullet of Pike will be used up brewing full pots for 4 hours, and half pots the rest of the time. If there are 3 inches of coffee left, someone is not brewing enough throughout the day. Marking the cubes is meant to give a quick visual indication of whether or not coffee is being brewed every half hour. Also, even though you don't sell any Pike after 8, you still need to have it brewed and ready. Part of our contract with Starbucks includes having fresh brewed Pike all day. The way Starbucks keeps track of whether or not a store is doing this, is by tracking sales of bullets. If your store is not going through at least 1 per day, your TL will definitely hear about it, and it can result in in an NNC. They also track cold brew and iced coffee.

I want to second everything that Yetive said. That cube (including having several marks on it so you know where you should be throughout the day) has been the standard for a while now, at least in my region. I'd be surprised if it wasn't expected everywhere. And she's right - if you do full brews until noon and then half brews until close, you should be using almost exactly 5lbs per day. And you should never be doing a pour over for pike, even if you know you won't sell it. The only way you wouldn't be going through 5lbs per day (assuming you are doing everything right and brewing it exactly every half hour) is if you are doing half brews all day. And even then, you might have to rebrew it in the morning when you're selling more and end up using close to 5lbs. A half brew is only about 40oz, so I rebrew it if I get under 20oz left.

So for the Valentines Cake Pop Packaging. I feel like I'm missing something. I received a case of the brown boxes. The recent mail back I got with the new Siren's Eye for Valentines day Set contained the Red cases. Is there any other component to this. Is there any instruction on how to pack the Cake Pops. And how long are the cake pops good for. Feels like I am missing the instructions for this >.<
rps20170207_214312_661.jpg
White holder inside the regular box, red slips over it.

View attachment 2988
White holder inside the regular box, red slips over it.
Got it, didn't see the white inserts under nether the brown ones. I made two boxes Monday night. They have not sold... feels like a waste of time.

Anyone know what the Cold Brew Coffee bag filters are officially called? Flipping through the order guide with pictures and I might just be missing it?

Toddy filters, I think. I have sold 1 box, last week. We are displaying an empty box with a sign by the pastry case. I used frozen pops as the guest wasn't going to serve them right away.

What is this? No letter, just in a yellow envelope.

eoTeT0o.jpg

How was it addressed? Last year, Targets didn't participate in the championship, so idk. Did it get sent to the wrong place?

It says store level winner on it, so I've been devising a competition for my team. And I've been wearing it until they dethrone me.

Great idea. We got ours, and 3 of my baristas have already told me they want to go, lol.

Try not to get your team too excited. I heard about the Barista Championships when they first brought it to the US. I brought it up to my TL at the time and he spoke to my DM who then came in with our Sbux RM and who both approved me to compete. I don't know if they've changed anything but you have to be a coffee master in order to compete. So I got certified (but training was all on my own and out of work because hours) and was super excited because if you do well they fly you to Seattle to the Roastery. But turns out Target didn't want to be held accountable for any of it and I was then told after spending hours and hours doing coffee tastings for my team, practicing latte art, and learning about roast profiles, regions,origins & processes that I could not compete. I got my black apron out of it and now that I'm a TL I find it much easier to educate my team so I'm not absolutely peeved about being jipped out of it. But.. because I was so passionate about it it really did upset me that I couldn't go. At the time I even applied to stand alone stores because of it. So be careful with how much you excite your team!

Back