Starbucks Team Leaders

If they don't like coffee up front, have them try a Misto (aka cafe a lait) with a flavor syrup: blond roast with vanilla & some warmed breve, dark roast with Cinnamon Dolce & a good splash of breve to name a couple.
I did some that were a bit more breve than coffee & the kids liked them.

Adding all that stuff makes it something other than "coffee."

Coffee is black, maybe with a lil cream and sugar. Anything else is just a hot sweet drink with a caffeine boost.

Adding all that stuff makes it something other than "coffee."

Coffee is black, maybe with a lil cream and sugar. Anything else is just a hot sweet drink with a caffeine boost.
Shhhhhhh, what the kids don't know won't hurt them....

If they can't sell something they don't drink they aren't trying. I can't eat lobster, it makes me vomit. I led sales in lobster rolls at McDonald's. I even told guests I didn't eat them... but my dad fucking loved them. Guests want to relate even if not first hand.

One of the things I have been doing is taking over a whole check lane front end cap. And random end caps throughout the store. I have my direct ETL on my side, so he acquire these locations for me to put product out there :D

If they can't sell something they don't drink they aren't trying. ... Guests want to relate even if not first hand.
this. the only thing it takes to sell is excitement and a way to make it personal. I honestly really hate chocolate. I will not drink anything mocha (unless it's white mocha). I accept that this is unusual, but I still sell mochas because I can pretend they're great and get excited about it. honestly my best tactic has been to listen to what guests have to say about what they like, then parrot that back like 'oh, I've heard people say that's a really great drink because XYZ!' or 'that drink is really popular, everybody loves the XYZ!'

all I can say is just don't do like one of my baristas who will straight up go 'I don't know, I haven't tried it, I don't like chocolate' every time someone asks her how a chocolate drink is. I honestly try to avoid giving my actual opinion of a drink unless I think it's good, lol.

I don't drink coffee either, like radiochu. I just take note when someone makes a comment on something. Or I try to ask the guest what they think of the drink. And simply repeat what I heard.

Anyone have the dcpi for the white iced tea? Wasn't on the order guide when I placed my order earlier this week.

It's on there as like "tea 20 bags per case" or something like that. I think you can also do a search for white tea in the mydevice and find it, or possibly even use a SKU from the case and type that into a PDA.

Also the cane sugar is labeled as espresso something. I dont quite remember but I saw it today in order guide.

If I didn't ask here, how did they expect us to figure out that those are the new stuff with the order guide names.

how much coffee are you selling during the "coffee days" sale?

my store sells a decent amount of drinks but no one buys the merch/packaged coffee. my dm expects over 60 lbs a day. i'm lucky to sell that in 6 months.

second question, how do i mysupport and order that doesn't come in? i'm used to sap orders that hey here's the basket number. with the mydevice.. i have nothing to go to them with.

What volume are you? 60 seems high to me. We are selling about 15 per day at a guess.

You go to ordering.starbucks.com to check on your order. You can getbthe invoice number there. Are you sure you got the order in on time? I didn't get an order, my receiver called the delivery company about it. Sadly, I never got that order.

What volume are you? 60 seems high to me. We are selling about 15 per day at a guess.

You go to ordering.starbucks.com to check on your order. You can getbthe invoice number there. Are you sure you got the order in on time? I didn't get an order, my receiver called the delivery company about it. Sadly, I never got that order.
i think we're classified as v3, but we're going down to 2 with a corp store with drive through that opened nearby.

dm figures that our store is open to sell sb. she even expected an end cap for the front lane. if i was there i'd gladly ask her to pay for it. we explain that hey, new corp store opened nearby. all those who went here go there. we have a ton of people who stop there then come to my store. traffic is down.

to her one store had 40 lbs one day last year so 60 is totally doable for everyone.

i'm learning, but i make an order expecting it in 4 weeks. have supply for that. that way if i miss 2 i still am good.

Hey guys. So curious on how often you write CCAS. My ETL HR is very proactive with counselings and such but I'm finding it very hard to find time to document these coachings even though I am having the conversations. She has us writing them for every little thing. I have 6 to write just based on my team calling out on 2 separate snow days. What am I supposed to even write for that?

Just fill out the coaching form with the dates of the call ins (I would pull the attendance detail report and include any tardies or other call ins when coaching), and how the absence impacts the team. For attendance, you should have a basic template that you can use for all of them.

Describe--write the dates of attendance issues.

Express Impact--This won't change. "Sally, as you know, Starbucks must remain open during all business hours, or risk receiving a Notice of Noncompliance. When you miss work, it places a strain on the rest of the team, and can cause guest service to suffer." (Or whatever works for you).

Specify the Behavior Change--also won't change. "Going forward, work your shifts as scheduled, or find a suitable replacement."

Communicate the Consequences--also won't change. "Failure to show improved attendance could result in further corrective action, up to and including termination."

So just take a couple of minutes to type in the name and dates and email them to HR. If the only infraction is a snow day, I really wouldn't coach though. TBH, I haven't had to coach for attendance in a long time, and of course, HR would have no idea about any sbux issues beyond that :rolleyes:.

Hey guys. So curious on how often you write CCAS. My ETL HR is very proactive with counselings and such but I'm finding it very hard to find time to document these coachings even though I am having the conversations. She has us writing them for every little thing. I have 6 to write just based on my team calling out on 2 separate snow days. What am I supposed to even write for that?

Date: 00/00/00

TM: Name

Reason: ETL HR is a micromanaging pain in the ass.

what's the outcome? do you need to term the team member? or is it just so its consistent?

most can be a copy paste. attendance just needs to say that you were absent on these days. this is how it effects the work center. going forward you need to show up or swap shifts. i can fill out an attendance coaching in <5 min. mostly just going between word, email, our document drive.

For the recent updated for those with a Turbo Oven. What was the date listed on your program card? Another store misplaced their card and need to borrow mind. I honest just toss mine into a drawer full of old ones after I program my card.

Back