Starbucks Team Leaders

I am not PML or Sbx TL, but there is a PML thread somewhere on here where they say they absolutely hate it when starbucks team members/tls mess around with stuff instead of getting their help or finding the proper channel to go through for maintenance. Of course the flip side of that is some PMLs are probably too lazy/busy to come over and fix something in Starbucks right away. But according to that thread, I’ll try to find it, they wish y’all would stop fidgeting around with stuff you don’t know how to fix😂

We're responsible for maintenance of our equipment to a degree.
Our PML changes filters & will answer any question we have regarding care/repair.
If it's something I can fix, I fix it; if not, I put in a work order.
I just wish they were available on weekends occasionally since that's when most things break down.

I’m curious about PML tasks because I think we have some things that have been neglected.

Do you know what they are responsible for quarterly with the ice machine? The cleaning book shows Starbucks monthly emptying it and cleaning the inside but I was told not to empty it and they will take care of it quarterly. I think parts of it need cleaned more than that.

What about dust build up on the lights/vents in the ceiling that I can’t reach on the step ladder?

And there’s a filter by the dishwasher. I’m trying to figure out how often it should be changed bc I’m pretty sure ours is way past due.

And is there a way to test/check the water with the blue tab we use to make teas? Ours tastes terrible.

I'm not sure about the ice machine. I feel like it is a PML responsibility, but I always do it at my store. I think it's supposed to be emptied monthly and then you actually run cleaner through it like twice per year (or maybe quarterly, I don't know for sure). And I don't even know what cleaner is supposed to be used because we can't order the nickel-safe cleaner anymore.

PMLs are responsible for high dusting.

A filter by the dishwasher? Do you mean the water filtration system? If so, that's 100% PML. They should be checking it regularly. You can ask them to open it up and see if the filter needs to be replaced. They should also have test strips to test the quality of the water.

I'm not sure about the ice machine. I feel like it is a PML responsibility, but I always do it at my store. I think it's supposed to be emptied monthly and then you actually run cleaner through it like twice per year (or maybe quarterly, I don't know for sure). And I don't even know what cleaner is supposed to be used because we can't order the nickel-safe cleaner anymore.

PMLs are responsible for high dusting.

A filter by the dishwasher? Do you mean the water filtration system? If so, that's 100% PML. They should be checking it regularly. You can ask them to open it up and see if the filter needs to be replaced. They should also have test strips to test the quality of the water.
Thanks this helps. My store has a difficult time getting things done properly and on time. It would be so much easier if I had a list of responsibilities for each of us. I don’t want to complain about it not getting done and it end up being something I should be doing.

Our ice machine is emptied & shut off to defrost completely each quarter month (usually done just before close).
We shovel out as much of the ice we can & melt the rest with buckets of hot water.
We sanitize the inside thoroughly & our PML checks the trays & relays to make sure everything's ok.
Afterwards, we power it back up so it can fill up overnight.
We dust everything within reach of a swiffer but PML does the high dusting.
Our water filtration system is all PML (tho I did learn how to do an emergency bypass).

Oops. We DO clean it monthly.

Last edited:
The Dallas and Nashville Starbucks distribution centers are having lots of issues, as I'm sure you all know. Target sent out a message today to say that any orders placed between Friday 2/12 and today would be cancelled. It sounds like some orders that were placed on 2/11 have also been cancelled, but some are still on the way (including mine). It's possible that they will still fulfill parts of these cancelled orders, but only certain "business critical items", such as cups, bags of coffee, and maybe syrups - not refreshers or inclusions, and I'm not sure about milks.

I'd recommend calling/emailing the LSR to check on things. You should be able to find their email on workbench somewhere if you search "my LSR".

Our store was one of several that lost power for a few days so we're in the midst of a huge purge of everything that was in the fridge or freezer.
We'd been operating using 'just-in-time' ordering so we'll have to start over with juices, refreshers, pastries, sandwiches & the like.
At least we had some non-dairy milks held over & we can't open until water service is restored.

Yep. They sure can, because I was one. 😅😅😅

Pretty sure I’m an enigma in this regard though, as up until I gained my key I had never known any Food Service TL with a key.
Same! They said they had to make a big exception to make me a SrTL years ago. Then I stepped down from that position, but got a key back last year when Starbucks closed in March so I could help support the rest of the store.

Anyone know what the fixture that holds the snack items (Madeline's, dream bar, gift cards) in front of the register? And the DCPI for it?

When were all Target Starbucks supposed to get nitro before the pandemic started? Was it by the end of 2021 or 2022?

Back