I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

😀 Incredibly, the redcard gods were with me yet again! This isn't typical to have back-to-back shifts with RC signups (I don't work Sundays), but this evening, I convinced not just one but two guests to sign up, one for the credit and the other for the debit. It was not easy because we were much busier than usual for Monday evening and had one call-out. Both of my guests were unbelievably patient and kind. This certainly makes up for times when I have an entire week or two with no RC signups, followed by weeks with one RC signup and other weeks with 3, 4 or more RC signups. It's impossible to predict who among your guests will say "yes". Just keep bringing up the topic, and if their response is about wanting to use their airline rewards cards etc., just say a polite "thank you".

On this Monday evening, in the wake of our nationwide network outage, yet another wonderful surprise of two redcard signups. 😄 Given that a huge number of our guests will not apply because they are married to their airline rewards cards (I'd guess these are about one-third of our total sales at our store), this was good. :p There certainly are weeks without any bites.

Very few guests mention this to me, but most CCs offer "extended protect protection" on items purchased with their card. Would the RC be easier to sell to guests if this were added as a benefit?

I, recently, had a few people turned down for the debit version of the red card. How weird is that? Do you know what reasons someone might be declined for the debit?

I, recently, had a few people turned down for the debit version of the red card. How weird is that? Do you know what reasons someone might be declined for the debit?
Writing bad checks.
Information not matching.
No check writing history.

If they already have a red debit for one checking account they can’t have a second for their other checking account. My debit is linked to my bank so I can’t get another for my credit union.

i don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but allowing guests to complete REDcard applications anywhere in store other than POS is actually a huge information security risk and a violation of the REDcard sales policy

i don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but allowing guests to complete REDcard applications anywhere in store other than POS is actually a huge information security risk and a violation of the REDcard sales policy
I missed something here. I was not aware that one could do Redcard applications anywhere other than POS in the store. (At least not in recent times)

you could, in theory, do it through the browser on a mydevice or pull a registry ipad out of the registry app and do it in safari

in theory

do not test this theory

I don't think that's true. I've seen people with more than one
If I have a debit for my bank account and my joint checking account defaults to my husbands name I can have another debit linked to “his” account, same if my father adds me to his account to help with shopping as he’s aging I can have one to that account as well. But the debit card will only let me have one card to all banking accounts in my name.

I called the red card department, wanting a second debit card connected to a different bank account and was told no, one debit per person.

I called the red card department, wanting a second debit card connected to a different bank account and was told no, one debit per person.
Exactly this. But they’ll let me transfer from one account to the next. Life doesn’t always work that way! 😕

you could, in theory, do it through the browser on a mydevice or pull a registry ipad out of the registry app and do it in safari

in theory

do not test this theory
Now, it might not still work this way, but I recall there being a sanctioned application method on the registry iPads. I don't know if it's still there though

Now, it might not still work this way, but I recall there being a sanctioned application method on the registry iPads. I don't know if it's still there though
There is— it may just be paper though. This IS a valid way to have someone apply and not a violation.

We were told not to use the registry iPads anymore. We can suspend the transaction and have them apply if their phones tho. Personally I’m against this since it causes an unnecessary back up of guests and an inevitable code. If I have someone on the fence or close to getting it I just encourage them to either do it at home or pull the setl over to assist them. (Or a former gsa who is running the front because my stores Leaders have learned it’s better to have someone who knows what they’re doing just do it.) 🤷‍♀️

you can print off an application for the guest through the registry kiosk. but you cannot open the registry kiosk in team member mode, open a browser, and start an online application through the REDcard website. that's 100% against the rules (and for good reason)

you can print off an application for the guest through the registry kiosk. but you cannot open the registry kiosk in team member mode, open a browser, and start an online application through the REDcard website. that's 100% against the rules (and for good reason)
Yup, that's the method I was thinking of, I just couldn't remember what the limitation was.

How do you do this? Is it kosher at all stores or is this ASANTS? I lost a red card app today because I told the guest (older woman) she had to apply via our POS or online.

How do you do this? Is it kosher at all stores or is this ASANTS? I lost a red card app today because I told the guest (older woman) she had to apply via our POS or online.
on registry iPad there's button for red card app, it'll print one. kosher everywhere (or should be, as guests can do it themselves)

Back