Archived Things Team Members [Leaders] Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When TLs/ETLs come into guest service to “help” and just leave every single item they returned in a pile on the counter and don’t stick white or clearance stickers on anything and I’m left to figure out if the stuff is reshop or salvage. Bonus points if they print a CRC sticker and the item is nowhere to be found because they decided to reshop THAT

We have one tiered cart for ALL the reshop. Just gets thrown in there. Which is why I refuse to go dig through it and have someone else just bring all my stuff back to me. We haven't sorted and used the printouts in like 6 years.

We still have the half wall with I think 6 carts to sort into and then 4 bins for other sections of the store. However only guest service sorts reshop, the entirety of the store dumps all their reshop and defects on us to do. And the LODs will walk around the store and collect every single abandon and drop it off for us. We literally never get a break from sorting.

When TLs/ETLs come into guest service to “help” and just leave every single item they returned in a pile on the counter and don’t stick white or clearance stickers on anything and I’m left to figure out if the stuff is reshop or salvage. Bonus points if they print a CRC sticker and the item is nowhere to be found because they decided to reshop THAT
OMG YES. do the job right or stay away.

TLs/ETLs who play favorites and talk crap about the other team members who they’re in charge of. I had one TL even talk shit about other TLs and then when they came around they’d be super friendly. She would talk bad about EVERYONE. She even mocked a team member of hers who had a physical disability and couldn’t push as fast due to it. Just a horrible human being.

Hard to work for someone when you know they’re bound to be talking bad about you when you’re not there. To make matters worse, it was mostly personal stuff.

Last edited:
Guest Service is not the dumping ground for your problems!!! No, operator, you can't just transfer "difficult" calls or people you don't understand to Guest Service. No, Hardlines, you can't just leave your cart of reshop from zoning at Guest Service. Work that shit out yourself. And I swear to god Softlines/Market, if I call you for your reshop one more FUCKING TIME....

that's still a thing?
One of my favorites....carts that have empty cardboard from a zone left a GS. Throw away your own damn trash.

Last edited:
OMG, yes. Unless you KNOW which water bottles go in sporting goods and which ones go in kitchen (Oh, you didn't even know they went in more than one place? WELL THERE YOU GO!) or whether that other thing belongs in toys or softlines or dollar spot or seasonal or some random endcap at the registers, check them first.

Putting kids bikes out still in the brown cardboard instead of removing them from the shipping box LIKE IT INSTRUCTS YOU TO DO ON THE BOX.

What's a metro?
A bakers rack. We don't use carts for softlines.

New LODs that micro-manage because OMG MUST BE BRAND OMG BEST PRACTICE OMG MAKE IT RIGHT *screetch*

Hoe, don't even. Just let me work.
The other LODs just let me fly, you can too. I promise.

I especially love it when I ask a simple question, three times in equally simple ways, and they still don't get what you're asking ... and then give you advice you don't need.

:mad::oops:

Hi, there!

Things "leaders" do pet peeves...
1. Refer to themselves as leaders when no one is following them.
2. Say that something like outs/audits will be performed by the morning crew and a month later the same products and more are still out.
3. Come back from a vacation and talk about their vacation to you like you also just had one. Sorry, I was here, in hell, looking like a dumb ass all week when guests asked about these outs.
4. Take two vacations within 2 months. Um, are you leaving?
5. Don't hire managers. Why the hell are these bins pilled so high? These mirrors aren't shoppable? How long IS this irresponsibility going to go on?
6. Think it's cute to have executives call and secret shop you as a team member while you're actually working when there are obviously other issues with Target that need to be addressed from the top down. I don't think you understand that your foolishness is causing me 10-15 more minutes of time in your store an hour and a half after close when I'm already ready to go home at close because I've been running around putting up all the reshop for 3 departments, climbing ladders and going to the back for salesfloor outs, answering phones, assisting guests, slaving as backup in another department, going for backup to the front end...and now you want to call and play games. :/
7. When new LODs call you over for "one item that's out of place" when you are working on a cart of reshop.
8. When an LOD gets paid more than you, works a mid, and spends 2 hours zoning seasonal...huh? Now, if I were to do that you know you would be "leading" me to focus on other tasks. Are you telling me you couldn't find something else to do like fill these outs?

Thanks for shopping with us! See you next time!

OMG, yes. Unless you KNOW which water bottles go in sporting goods and which ones go in kitchen (Oh, you didn't even know they went in more than one place? WELL THERE YOU GO!) or whether that other thing belongs in toys or softlines or dollar spot or seasonal or some random endcap at the registers, check them first.

Putting kids bikes out still in the brown cardboard instead of removing them from the shipping box LIKE IT INSTRUCTS YOU TO DO ON THE BOX.

What's a metro?
A metro is a produce green rack cart.

Our softline tms push softlines from a metro. The next day you find dead zebras, walkies, empty or half full bottles of water, extra fixtures, items with no tags, plastic, half eaten candy bars and once a name tag. Nothing surprises me.
Same here. They use my metros and then I don't have anything to put pfresh backstock.

Reshop related

Whenever I go get reshop from GS, I always get things that don't belong to my areas.

Oh, a thing that looks like a toy, nope a thing that goes in Bedding actually.

Oh a book! Nope it belongs in home or stationery

Oh, actual Electronics. No wait it's that Stupid Gems stuff, which for whatever reason we sell in the Front, and not back here, or The occasional Dollar Spot thing comes back to us.

Also, oh look a empty package or clearly defective toy, let's throw in our bins to be picked up

Reshop related

Whenever I go get reshop from GS, I always get things that don't belong to my areas.

Oh, actual Electronics. No wait it's that Stupid Gems stuff, which for whatever reason we sell in the Front, and not back here, or The occasional Dollar Spot thing comes back to us.

Also, oh look a empty package or clearly defective toy, let's throw in our bins to be picked up
do feel free to NICELY tell GSTMs when something isn't right. they probably just don't know.

Reshop related

This is why I always try to sort reshop myself when I collect it.

No, those water bottles go in sporting goods not in domestics

No, those character pillows go in bedding, not in toys.

No, those coloring books are in books, not in stationery

No, those Mickey Mouse things go in softlines, not domestics or toys or seasonal

No, lint rollers go in grocery, not in domestics.

And so on.

No, those Mickey Mouse things go in softlines, not domestics or toys or seasonal

And so on.
Water bottles ALWAYS trip me up. They’re located in so many places.

honestly just tell us (GSTMs) at least at my store if you told a GSA the message would never actually get to us
I'll try but I really hate telling people how to do their jobs

And so on.

God bless you

No one ever sorts properly

I'll try but I really hate telling people how to do their jobs

God bless you

No one ever sorts properly
What would be helpful is a list of common items and where they go. My store has one of sorts, perhaps yours needs one.

The issue isn't so much where common items go, it's that there are variations on items that are hard to put succinctly on a sign. I don't expect guest service to know that Camelback, Nalgene & Kleen Kanteen water bottles are always sporting goods while Contina, Ello and Bubba are always kitchen, for example, as that's the type of thing you pick up in hardlines over time.

But different GS people put water bottles in one or the other without checking, so it ends up a mess.

And don't get me started on the lazy-ass Flow/HL-TMs who just dump bottles in one or the other rather than checking locations and putting them away properly. Thank dog sporting goods & kitchen are much closer together these days, so it's much easier to rearrange them than when they were on opposite ends of the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back