Archived Things Team Members [Leaders] Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a zebra and then asking if we carry something...why do you even have a mydevice???

I just found this thread.

I can ask over the walkie and get an answer in 45 seconds. Or I can type the name in the zebra, and hope that I typed it in precisely and there's no extra spaces or lack of spaces somewhere. I can then take 5 minutes to wade through 400 hits, 390 which do not apply to this store, and 3/4 of which are for things that aren't even related to what I'm looking for.

And that is why I will ask if we have something even if I have a zebra.

I can ask over the walkie and get an answer in 45 seconds. Or I can type the name in the zebra, and hope that I typed it in precisely and there's no extra spaces or lack of spaces somewhere. I can then take 5 minutes to wade through 400 hits, 390 which do not apply to this store, and 3/4 of which are for things that aren't even related to what I'm looking for.

Underrated post!

This drives me nuts. When FRO I'll say on the walkie that Department has a call on 2280. Silence. Two minutes later the call rings back, I'll put them on hold again, walkie again, and that time Department says they are with a guest. Couldn't you have said that in the first place?? Now the guest on the phone is upset and I'm the one they are taking their frustration out on.

I usually only ask for help if the item is something that I know I'm not going to be able to search easily, in that I don't know exactly the precise term for it or it's an item whose name can have different meanings or things like that. Or it's a question like "where are the travel toiletries?" which is impossible to search and they keep moving around these days.

The ones that kill me are the people who are like "Team, where are the lightbulbs?" 1. Someone asks that same fucking question at least 8 times an hour so could you maybe listen when others ask where stuff is and learn and 2. Use your damn device because those really are not hard to find on the device or even in the store.

This drives me nuts. When FRO I'll say on the walkie that Department has a call on 2280. Silence. Two minutes later the call rings back, I'll put them on hold again, walkie again, and that time Department says they are with a guest. Couldn't you have said that in the first place?? Now the guest on the phone is upset and I'm the one they are taking their frustration out on.
THIS.
"Team can I get a backup" ... -silence- ... "hey, team, *names*, can I borrow one of you for the front lanes for a few minutes?"...-silence-...
Suddenly my favorite (crucify me) comes running up, and hops on, explaining she wasn't able to clock on early and had to wait for the clock to roll over.
Me..."cxl that backup, team, (name) was a rockstar and hoped on."
(Random name I called earlier) "sorry I was with a guest."

THEN SAY THAT. I'LL LEAVE YOU ALONE.

THEN SAY THAT. I'LL LEAVE YOU ALONE.

Yeah, exactly. If I can be counting two guests going into the fitting room, one out, paying attention to someone who needs a price check or an item so well hidden in the racks they need either a treasure map or a guide or something from the backroom, and dealing with the call on 2281 that is either a job applicant following up or a simple return question (and I know GS is slammed) or someone needing baby hardlines help, then I am absolutely certain another sales floor TM can tell his/her guest "Give me a second to tell them that I'm with you" and then tell me that on the walkie and then focus on that guest again. I can then tell the guest on 2280 it'll be a bit of a wait because that department is helping another guest; then the guest on the phone won't be upset because they will know what is going on and they have the knowledge to choose to wait or call back later.

Yeah, exactly. If I can be counting two guests going into the fitting room, one out, paying attention to someone who needs a price check or an item so well hidden in the racks they need either a treasure map or a guide or something from the backroom, and dealing with the call on 2281 that is either a job applicant following up or a simple return question (and I know GS is slammed) or someone needing baby hardlines help, then I am absolutely certain another sales floor TM can tell his/her guest "Give me a second to tell them that I'm with you" and then tell me that on the walkie and then focus on that guest again. I can then tell the guest on 2280 it'll be a bit of a wait because that department is helping another guest; then the guest on the phone won't be upset because they will know what is going on and they have the knowledge to choose to wait or call back later.
We don't get that busy.

And we're always over-staffed in softlines specifically for helping out at the lanes.
My store is a team-work lacking train wreck and there's absolutely no reason for it ever. Just no accountability enforced by leadership, and when someone tries to get someone held accountable, it lays dead on the ground. When we have new leadership put in the effort for accountability then they get turned in for being "mean" and are talked to about it, which is why new leadership never lasts.
It's so frustrating.

We don't get that busy.

My store, it comes in spurts. It's like the guests are sharks. One latches on, and it signals the rest to swarm.

But it's no different than any receptionist or any office clerk or any administrative assistant faces every day. You (human race) can juggle 2+ people pretty easily, which means every single TM can radio immediately that they are with a guest. Whether it's being told there's a phone call, whether it's being called to backup, it only takes a few seconds to let the guest know that you're going to tell whoever you are helping that guest and then use the walkie and then go right back to whatever the guest needs. Everyone can do it.

And we're always over-staffed in softlines specifically for helping out at the lanes.
My store is a team-work lacking train wreck and there's absolutely no reason for it ever. Just no accountability enforced by leadership, and when someone tries to get someone held accountable, it lays dead on the ground. When we have new leadership put in the effort for accountability then they get turned in for being "mean" and are talked to about it, which is why new leadership never lasts.
It's so frustrating.

Ick.

I don't get why my store makes Electronics operator when fitting room is on break or lunch. We really should have someone available to cover the fitting room in a full sized Target, and Electronics doesn't universally carry a Zebra and can't put calls on 2280. It's a shit show, especially if the caller needs Guest Services. 9 times out of 10 the GSTL will say they can't leave the lanes when I walkie, I can't take the phone up there because it's out of range, and I can't transfer the call to the service desk or park it because my phone doesn't have those functions. So we have an angry guest who can't get any help yelling at me about how fucking stupid this situation is.

I don't get why my store makes Electronics operator when fitting room is on break or lunch. We really should have someone available to cover the fitting room in a full sized Target, and Electronics doesn't universally carry a Zebra and can't put calls on 2280. It's a shit show, especially if the caller needs Guest Services. 9 times out of 10 the GSTL will say they can't leave the lanes when I walkie, I can't take the phone up there because it's out of range, and I can't transfer the call to the service desk or park it because my phone doesn't have those functions. So we have an angry guest who can't get any help yelling at me about how fucking stupid this situation is.
A) Where's the rest of softlines when the FRO is on break?

B) Are you sure your phone won't park a phone? Or is it possible that you don't know how? Every phone in my store, if it has a dial tone it can park a call.

B) Are you sure your phone won't park a phone? Or is it possible that you don't know how? Every phone in my store, if it has a dial tone it can park a call.
A) No idea

B) The other Electronics TMs confirmed for me that we can't park calls at all.

I thought that was a Zebra function? Regardless, in my store they clearly don't use it.
Well my work can tel you where something goes but I don’t think it can salvage stuff.

my store can’t park calls outside of HR and fitting room

Weird. For a while the softlines cordless phone was broken so we were liberating any cordless phone we could get our hands on and all of them could park a call.

Don't recycle their plastic or cardboard.
Leave empty boxes near the baler
Not crush the baler they just filled
Not put away repacks correctly

Not clean up after eating in the break room
Leave empty boxes in off-stage areas (should be taken to the baler)
Leave carts-o-crap around in off-stage areas

Mess up the Fixture Room

Take down signs, but leave up the empty sign holders
Miss taking down old ad signs as they walk around while taking down signs or putting up new ad signs or stocking

Leave trash all over the f*cking sales floor.

Over stock, mis-stock
Send back Backstock in a heaping pile-0-shit
Send out a Pull that is a heaping pile-o-shit
Leaving backstock instead of doing it yourself. Bonus if you leave it in the wrong area of the backroom.

Use up supplies without replacing or ordering more

Ask for a check in Hardlines, but not say where. Say where, but say the wrong area after helpful tm walks to the first area.
Talks on channel one all.damn.day.

Ignore calls for backup.
Respond to calls for backup, but lie about why you can't backup.
Cashier doesn't call for backup, lines at all open lanes.
Cashier calls for backup, salesfloor responds. No actual back up needed.

Skip huddles.
Show up to working huddles "Late" after work is 90% complete.
Show up to working huddle on time, but stand around and talk 90% of the time while holding a box.

Stand around talking to another tm excessively. Not completing your portion of the workload in a timely fashion. (see also * d*cking around on your smart phone when you should be working.)
Taking long 15 minute breaks.

Micro-manage
miss- manage
Fail to communicate sufficiently
Not holding people accountable.
Acting like a bitch while on the walkie. especially when using channel 1. berating someone on channel 1.

Not zone.

Last edited:
Weird. For a while the softlines cordless phone was broken so we were liberating any cordless phone we could get our hands on and all of them could park a call.

Our store can't use a cordless. There is something about the phone wiring and blah blah blah that I don't quite understand but a cordless phone won't work on our system. FRO has to stay close to the desk to answer calls. And we're waiting for a new phone that our PMT ordered because the cisco side has a short and keeps cutting out so that you have nothing to park the calls with. It's extremely annoying.

Worked electronics countless times and both the wireless home phones the have cannot park calls. Trust me I've asked Sr Tls, ETLs, and even once our STL if they knew if it could be done. Everyone said they have never heard of that ability for our phones. Guest Service cant even park calls when they mistakenly get a call for another department. It's annoying and trust me if I could I would. I hate telling guests that in order to contact another part of the store they have to call back but I am not walking all the way up to the checklanes from the back of the store to hand one of my only two phones off to the beauty TM or the GSA. One phone at the boat...one on my hip at all times. I refuse to be wal mart. Called there three times this year to see if they had an item in stock. All 3 times no one answered...ever. Biggest waste of 5 min of my time in retail and it happened THREE TIMES. Fuck that I consider re zoning an aisle I just zoned less of a waste of time than that. At least something is being done. Not answering phones at a retail store is ridiculous. Especially with how much staff wally world has on ANY given day. Seeing people pushing product so slow and ignoring me in an aisle when I'm clearly trying to get something on the shelf and they are blocking it all is ridiculous. Tempting to hide their device when they're not looking/doing their best to avoid eye contact with me. lol

Last edited:

LEAAARRRN TO USE TARGET.COM AND FILTER YOUR STORE OUT KTHXBAI

edit: honestly lmao @ tms who think the mydevice is good for searching shit up on...its good for gettin shit for a guest, scanning shit for yourself/guest and printing labels with a hip printer...or dpci/upc searching I guess...but if you wanna search something via text search always use target.com first...brings up what you got in YOUR store first at the top of the list.

REEEEEEE

Our resident repack doofus is always assuming location by item type instead of scanning it to check. Not only does he carry a Zebra and never use it, but he'll see me going to toss a water bottle into the kitchen cart that I know for a fact goes in kitchen (not least because I helped set the fucking POG for it) and he'll holler "UM THAT'S SPORTING GOODS" and I'm just like .... ArE yOu SuRe AbOuT tHaT

He does that shit with the electronics Marvel/DC figures too, assumes that they go in Toys and throws them in the toys cart. Saw him trying to give gardening gloves to Softlines the other day lmao. Really hate working with his dumb ass.
holy hell in a repack batman that is sad...just ew...also gotta Lol @ the person who gets the comic book shit in their toys repacks and just backstocks it instead of handing it off to electronics...every damn truck day...I bet the electronics opener wonders why they gotta push so much of that shit when the electronics truck member just clocked out an hour ago

The Mickey Mouse sets are cute but the reshop from Guest Service gets so confusing
99% of the time it's softlines but yeah can we stop putting stuff that looks like hardlines over in softlines or at least train softlines to recognize non clothing items as their reshop...not destined for kitchen/home, market or seasonal...or toys..or ANYWHERE BUT SOFTLINES fdfasdkfjasdklfjaskldj alas the fill group is not softlines so that makes it even worse. This company is a mess sometimes. I wonder if they even recognize that are getting shit in that ONLY goes in softlines that is marked as home fillgroup and we are getting a shit ton of bathroom items that literally have no fill group so when we scan the box and the label isn't descriptive enough we get to waste more time opening it up...finding out what it is...pushing it to the correct location and then when we go to backstock what's left it's a repeat of that process. So many steps taken for one damn dpci. K corporate...there's hundreds of hours you just wasted a year.

Last edited:
Target.com is not failproof. There's lots of times that I've typed in something a guest wants and I get a bunch of book titles and what they want is nothing like a book. Or they aren't sure of the spelling of the brand name they want. Or the term they use is a technically right term but uncommon enough that it doesn't show on Target.com so it looks like we don't carry it at all when we do. Or they want a beauty item and there's a hundred different hits on Target.com and everything looks the same. Or they want an electronics item and I get 100 or more hits, 98 being accessories for the wanted item. Or they want a food item and what comes up are pharmacy items and vice versa due to the main ingredient. I even had one woman call up and asked for sodium hydroxide, Target.com thought I wanted Aleve, soup and canned vegetables.

So several minutes of wading through whatever comes up on the zebra, even when using Target.com, or asking on the walkie and getting an answer in less than a minute. What's a better thing to do for time management? And why do you have such an issue with actually helping a team member out by accepting that such a question is often a lot faster and answering it when asked?

To GS and whoever else is putting stuff in the softlines reshop cart:

For the love of god and my sanity quit putting Speedos brand water shoes in our cart. Just stop. Please just stop. Thank you.

To GS and whoever else is putting stuff in the softlines reshop cart:

For the love of god and my sanity quit putting Speedos brand water shoes in our cart. Just stop. Please just stop. Thank you.
They will not stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back