Archived Things Team Members [Leaders] Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The minute the GSTL tells me what lane to take over, they flip my light on for me and go out to the checklanes and start bringing over guests

I chuckled at this. My typical arrival involves asking the 1 or 2 cashiers on a lane who the GSTL/GSA is and if they know where they are. With low hours, our front end leaders don't spend much time speed weaving, etc... they have a lot of tasks to do.

ETL: Can you make a 7 × 11 for the water EC?

Me: Ok. (I'm working on a fast mover in produce and have a ton of load from FDC and YOU have a fucking zebra so why are YOU not scanning and making signs as you walk the fucking store doing nothing)
...but I end up not making the sign

As part of our flu shot goal, we are supposed to do 1-2 “Target team member events” where we set up a time for Target team members to get their flu shots off the clock. We’ve asked the STL if we can set up a time to do this, or put forms in the break room for them to fill out so we can get them ready (so they can just stop in before/after their shifts or on lunch/breaks) and he’s REFUSING to let us do ANYTHING. Okay, I get that you’re against them personally, but why not make it easier for TMs who WANT them?

I pray I won't be a wimp like last year and almost pass out after getting the flu shot. o_O

That’s just a reaction some people have to shots, doesn’t mean you’re a wimp. My dad said that when they gave shots in the army, guys were dropping like flies and those were some tough guys. 😁

I really, really regret always skipping the flu shot year after year. Never felt I needed it, and then I found out that if the bird flu ever makes the jump to human-to-human, people who have been getting a flu shot every year will have partial immunity because bits of the bird flu's RNA matches little bits of the various flu's that have had a flu shot made for them. Whoops.

PSA: you should be able to park calls from any cordless phone by pressing flash (the answer call button) then 2180 (2181 2182 etc) then hanging up. It’s important to do 21 and not 22 as the 21 tells the system to park it, and 22 tells the system to retrieve it. In theory you should be able to do it from the callbox phones too by tapping the thing that hangs up the phone then dialing but I’ve never gotten it to work.

PSA: you should be able to park calls from any cordless phone by pressing flash (the answer call button) then 2180 (2181 2182 etc) then hanging up. It’s important to do 21 and not 22 as the 21 tells the system to park it, and 22 tells the system to retrieve it. In theory you should be able to do it from the callbox phones too by tapping the thing that hangs up the phone then dialing but I’ve never gotten it to work.
At my store we were told cordless can’t. I’ve never tried bc I don’t want to mess it up.

You won’t mess anything up, lol the worst that can happen is you hang up :p

I’m fairly confident that as long as you can pick up calls from red callbox phones by dialing #2280 etc, you can park calls with the cordless. It’s the same switchboard system that facilitates both.

At my store we were told cordless can’t. I’ve never tried bc I don’t want to mess it up.
"I was told"....famous last words.

Try it. Do a test call and see if calls can be parked at your store. You're not going to set the phone wiring on fire, the worst that will happen is the call will drop, which is why you use a test call.

Edit: Cross posting. @busyzoningtoys Great minds think alike.

You won’t mess anything up, lol the worst that can happen is you hang up :p

I’m fairly confident that as long as you can pick up calls from red callbox phones by dialing #2280 etc, you can park calls with the cordless. It’s the same switchboard system that facilitates both.
"I was told"....famous last words.

Try it. Do a test call and see if calls can be parked at your store. You're not going to set the phone wiring on fire, the worst that will happen is the call will drop, which is why you use a test call.

Edit: Cross posting. @busyzoningtoys Great minds think alike.
That’s a good idea both. Thanks. Though at GS I rarely need to park or transfer calls, since all our calls are screened by operator.

My ETL-LOG likes to make his own bulk pallets by compiling whatever random shit he feels is taking up too much space in the backroom and dumping it in hardlines on the racetrack or the cut-thru. Sure you need space I get it, but can you store tie it to the nearest aisle? Now the home location is empty and there are none in the back so guess what your all newbie sfs team just did 3 inf’s 🤦🏻‍♂️ And do you know how to print a 7x11?

Lately the operator has been giving disinfo to phone guests and it’s harshing my mellow big time

A guest will call and ask them to check if we have a certain DPCI in stock, and they look it up on the Zebra and say “oh yeah we totally have 6 of those,” then the guest shows up and asks me about it, I look it up myself and lo and behold it says “0 on floor 0 in back 6 on hand” REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I have yet to be yelled at but still annoying as fuck

Lately the operator has been giving disinfo to phone guests and it’s harshing my mellow big time

A guest will call and ask them to check if we have a certain DPCI in stock, and they look it up on the Zebra and say “oh yeah we totally have 6 of those,” then the guest shows up and asks me about it, I look it up myself and lo and behold it says “0 on floor 0 in back 6 on hand” REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I have yet to be yelled at but still annoying as fuck
New FRO? That is confusing, My Work saying we have a bunch on hand, and someone just has to tell the FRO that "X on hand" is bupkis and to ignore it.

I once had another FRO call to put something on hold and when I looked it up it was 0 on floor, 0 in back, 5 on hand and I told him we were out of stock. He proceeded to argue with me, telling me we had it because My Work at his end said we had 5. Flat out argue, telling me a few times we had it, before I ended the call. He then had the guest call, fortunately she could grasp the concept that the number given to other stores can be wrong.

Although there was that one time I needed nursery water and My Work said 0 on floor, 0 in back, 192 on hand and I was looking at several boxes of nursery water in the usual spot in the back room.

Guest services are the operator at my store. That was instituted...during the holiday rush.

Guest services are the operator at my store. That was instituted...during the holiday rush.
A store nearby has the same thing, and I don't understand it. Even when I'm at the fitting room and slammed I think I'm in a better position to answer the phone and triage it than someone at GS would be when they are slammed. And when I'm at the fitting room I have the base, which is great when I've got several things going on at the fitting room or multiple calls, and GS doesn't have that.

I do not know who made that call or why, but I know it wasn't our STL, who was pretty frustrated by it.

Although there was that one time I needed nursery water and My Work said 0 on floor, 0 in back, 192 on hand and I was looking at several boxes of nursery water in the usual spot in the back room.

Yeah the case packs of water seem to be the exception, we almost always have 💯s of them in the steel but they’re not stowed because they sell so quickly

TMS who hit the call box because they are too lazy to-
A) help the guest
B) tell the guest that you will get someone trained in that work center
C) on break and can't just find a TM to help said guest

TMS who hit the call box because they are too lazy to-
A) help the guest
B) tell the guest that you will get someone trained in that work center
C) on break and can't just find a TM to help said guest

TMs hitting the call box? Hell to the fucking no. Use a walkie if you can't find someone who knows what they are doing. Don't have a walkie? Get one.

Our Target Mobile hits the call box when we ignore the additional cashiers to Electronics button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back