Archived Things Team Members [Leaders] Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just beyond stupid. I get the softlines reshop from the front, the water shoes will be in our cart. I put them in the hardlines cart. Those same shoes are back in the softlines cart for the next round of reshop. I'll put them back in the hardlines cart, they'll be back in the softlines cart for round three. There have been times that I've clocked out and gone home and when I come in the next day for my shift, guess what's waiting in the softlines cart. This is not a guest returning swimsuits and shoes and the whole return is mistakenly put in the softlines cart. Someone is deliberately and repeatedly taking the shoes out of the hardlines cart and putting them back into the softlines cart.

It's just beyond stupid. I get the softlines reshop from the front, the water shoes will be in our cart. I put them in the hardlines cart. Those same shoes are back in the softlines cart for the next round of reshop. I'll put them back in the hardlines cart, they'll be back in the softlines cart for round three. There have been times that I've clocked out and gone home and when I come in the next day for my shift, guess what's waiting in the softlines cart. This is not a guest returning swimsuits and shoes and the whole return is mistakenly put in the softlines cart. Someone is deliberately and repeatedly taking the shoes out of the hardlines cart and putting them back into the softlines cart.
Honestly my guess is it’s hardlines at least at my store if a softlines ™ were to say this is not mine don’t put it in my bin, it wouldn’t go in there

I just don't get why guest services sends things to softlines that have to immediately be sent back. One example, two socks that clearly had been part of a package. Why send it to us when it has to be salvage? Yesterday same cart, a torn swimsuit and a stained wrap. Again, that stuff is coming back just to be taken right back to the front, so why send it back in the first place? Same thing with torn packages of diapers or opened cloth diapers, that's just like opened underwear, we can't just tape it up and repackage it so why send it back?

Sometimes like the socks, I can get the thought process (though I don't like it), if they send it back then it becomes our problem to track down a dpci instead of them having to deal with it immediately. But the swimsuit and the wrap and other things that have the barcode/dpci, I don't get the thought process at all.

I skip huddles for a reason, they can't expect me to finish the truck in a timely manner and still go smart huddle market or whatever disaster area
Huddles are a waste of time. They never say anything important anyway. My FDC truck wouldn't get done if we went to huddle. ETLs got my message and even radio us that we don't have to go to huddle.

My favorite is reshop from Guest Service that has a salvage sticker attached.
Yep, I found a bottled drink with a salvage sticker in my cooler & took it to SD showing them the sticker EACH TIME so it would be taken care of.
It came back three times.
Damn drink shoulda been called 'Boomerang'.

Or reshop of items Not Sold at Target.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Yep, seen that a lot. I've lately been seeing clothes where the fabric tag has been removed and the shape of where the tag was stitched in does not match anything we sell and the attached paper tag has the dpci scratched off. Scanning the barcode on Target.com shows an item that is nothing like the "returned" item. And all I can do is remove the tag and hand it over to whoever process empty packages and toss the item in the trash and wonder when the next piece like that is going to show up.

I just don't get why guest services sends things to softlines that have to immediately be sent back. One example, two socks that clearly had been part of a package. Why send it to us when it has to be salvage? Yesterday same cart, a torn swimsuit and a stained wrap. Again, that stuff is coming back just to be taken right back to the front, so why send it back in the first place? Same thing with torn packages of diapers or opened cloth diapers, that's just like opened underwear, we can't just tape it up and repackage it so why send it back?

Sometimes like the socks, I can get the thought process (though I don't like it), if they send it back then it becomes our problem to track down a dpci instead of them having to deal with it immediately. But the swimsuit and the wrap and other things that have the barcode/dpci, I don't get the thought process at all.

Do they have a DPCI or barcode or anything on them? GS will send anything that needs info back to the floor so we can provide the info back to them so the item can be defected out or a new tag created or whatever.

A) Where's the rest of softlines when the FRO is on break?

B) Are you sure your phone won't park a phone? Or is it possible that you don't know how? Every phone in my store, if it has a dial tone it can park a call.
It's probably a requsitioned cordless and not a Cisco phone. Which for sure the cordless cannot transfer the calls.

I'm finally home. I had a pretty normal week, but then I had to work both jobs from 7 AM - 11 PM yesterday, open at Target 8-4:30 PM (after staying up til 4 AM finishing some online coursework so that I'd be ready for the week's lecture), and then leave on time to get to my 5:00 PM 3-hoursish lecture class. By the time I needed to leave I was raging. This dumb 17-year old high school age operator knew I fucking had to leave at 4:30. I had a cart of fixtures to put away that I was heading back to do, and kept getting stopped by guests. I was WITH A GUEST when I needed the tag gun to print her a tag for the front lanes for a graphic tee DPCI that I promised her. This bitch (operator) had the audacity to ask me to find an item for her for a guest even though there were three other TMs hanging around the FR not doing anything. I said "I'm with another guest right now, I have to put my stuff away, and I need to go right after." Another TM, "soyaxo how much longer are you gonna be here, can you cover operator so she can leave?" I finished helping my (thankfully polite and patient) guest, helped her guest, said "He's your MyDevice back, I'm NOT staying to cover. I need to go right now." put my stuff away and vented to a beauty TM who walked to the back with me. The opeator announces she's leaving, walks slow as shit up front, and then I see her in clerical as I'm speed-walking to get my stuff and she has the audacity to ask me, "Wow, you're really rushing. Are you running late?". NO FUCKING SHIT HONEY. My class starts at 5:00, it's 4:40, and the campus is thirty minutes away. I don't know how I did it, but I hit all the green lights, managed to sneak in, grab a seat, and the professor and rest of the class simply looked my way but kept going about the lecture normally. Thank god for the beauty TM for letting me vent to her on my way out. She keeps me sane. I know it's kind of my fault signing up for both jobs that are almost always back to back and then choosing an evening class schedule, which was honestly the only one that worked with my schedule. But seriously.

Despite all this, I'm still glad to be back to Target. But I'm tired. Today wasn't the greatest day. I'm off tomorrow and Thursday, thankfully.

Do they have a DPCI or barcode or anything on them? GS will send anything that needs info back to the floor so we can provide the info back to them so the item can be defected out or a new tag created or whatever.
Don't they need a dpci when they accept a guest return? If so, then why send the two socks back to us instead of salvage on the spot with whatever number was used?

The rest, yeah, they usually have it. Stained and torn, more often than not the tag is still attached, and when it isn't the microprint tag is. Torn packages of diapers, barcode is there, we just can't certify that the diapers weren't used so it has to be tossed instead of taped up.

Don't they need a dpci when they accept a guest return? If so, then why send the two socks back to us instead of salvage on the spot with whatever number was used?
Sometimes guests pick it from the floor, see there’s no barcode, don’t want to wait to find a price, so we end up with reshop with no DPCI

Honestly this is ASANTS. At the store where I trained, it was best practice to put one of those pink, missing DPCI sheets on the item and send it back to the salesfloor. The idea was that, it's in their section and they've probably walked by it a dozen times a day. It's quicker for them to find the DPCI and send it back to the front. However at my current store, my STL is big on reducing footsteps so he makes guest service look up the DPCI. Even if it means standing there forever looking for it on T.com because you don't know exactly what it is. At the end of the day I tell my team to play dumb and say they thought it was a lost item that we didn't sell at Target so they chucked it. I'm not wasting so much payroll to look up items that ultimately only cast a few dollars.

Honestly this is ASANTS. At the store where I trained, it was best practice to put one of those pink, missing DPCI sheets on the item and send it back to the salesfloor. The idea was that, it's in their section and they've probably walked by it a dozen times a day. It's quicker for them to find the DPCI and send it back to the front.

And that kind of thinking is why we end up will all of Spot's socks/gloves/scarves. We *must* know where to find that stuff. And when I send it right on back, we get it back again. And again.

And sometimes it's pretty tough to find a dpci when all of the items are long salvaged out. Fortunately the Mossimo girls' denim shorts I got two weeks ago still had the tag, that would have been a nightmare to find the dpci for that one.

What is the crime in using the same dpci that was used to process a return? Why take it and then toss it in the reshop cart so that someone else has to find the dpci again to bring it back?

Pink missing DPCI sheets? I've never seen those.

When I started, I was trained to run out a length of cash register tape, write "missing DPCI" and the date on it, and attach that to the item. I kept finding these items coming back in the reshop with the note still attached, so I started searching for them on t.com myself with no instruction to do so. That practice has mostly spread to other GSTMs in my store. It's been long enough since I was scheduled for GS that I assume new GSTMs are now being trained this way.

What is the crime in using the same dpci that was used to process a return? Why take it and then toss it in the reshop cart so that someone else has to find the dpci again to bring it back?

If it was a returned item, yes, we absolutely should be using the same DPCI that we used to process the return. And if GSTM is typing that number from a receipt (not smart if you haven't verified the item, like looking it up on t.com where you can see a picture of the item, or the inner tag on an item of clothing), the GS Desk Zebra printers really should be printing off a bar code in the moment that should be affixed to the item or to a tag. If those stickers aren't being attached, your store needs to have a discussion with each of your GSTMs regarding proper procedures. If the stickers aren't even printing, then someone needs to address the hardware/software problem.

I was talking more about strays brought up the front from the salesfloor. I agree, if it was returned then the GSTM should've reprinted a tag while they had the receipt in front of them.

Pink missing DPCI sheets? I've never seen those.

Yeah, they have a sticky edge on them so that you can tape it right on the item. I'll have to take a picture of it next time I'm in.

This assumes it was a return, and not something that came to GS on an reshop cart. I'm pretty sure my GS would defect out a return, but if it didn't come in on a return, it's reasonable for them to send it out on a reshop cart.

If it was a return and they didn't defect it immediately, they can DIAF, but that's not generally what happens at my store. At my store it's more likely the HL/SL TM was either lazy AF or didn't have time to hunt down the numbers for GS to defect it out, so it goes up to GS for the next person pushing reshop to lookup.

Yeah, they have a sticky edge on them so that you can tape it right on the item. I'll have to take a picture of it next time I'm in.

Dang, these would be nice. We mostly get a post-it or scrap of receipt paper with "Needs info" taped to it.

The minute the GSTL tells me what lane to take over, they flip my light on for me and go out to the checklanes and start bringing over guests.

Can you give me 30 seconds to (1) log-in, (2) make a Speed Key, (3) check that the drawer's money is laid out and doesn't need change, and (4) put some bags on because the last cashier couldn't be bothered to put one or two bag bundles into one of the four holders?

The minute the GSTL tells me what lane to take over, they flip my light on for me and go out to the checklanes and start bringing over guests.

Can you give me 30 seconds to (1) log-in, (2) make a Speed Key, (3) check that the drawer's money is laid out and doesn't need change, and (4) put some bags on because the last cashier couldn't be bothered to put one or two bag bundles into one of the four holders?

ok, I see where you're coming from but often times as soon as I get a new cashier, I need them to jump on and start taking guests immediately or we're gonna be in a situation where we need back up. feel free to take your time getting set up, just do it with the lane light on and let the guest who is loading their stuff up on the belt know that you'll be right with them.

ok, I see where you're coming from but often times as soon as I get a new cashier, I need them to jump on and start taking guests immediately or we're gonna be in a situation where we need back up. feel free to take your time getting set up, just do it with the lane light on and let the guest who is loading their stuff up on the belt know that you'll be right with them.
I do, I just feel rude doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back