Archived Things Team Members [Leaders] Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flow shoving 15+ jugs of detergent into a space meant for 10...or just putting them in a random spot. Also flow bowling boxes but not actually opening them and putting the stuff on the shelf.

And for the love of God, use the sort function to put your abandon in the correct cart at GS.
I hate it when they do this! Especially when they put the ones that are typically $17.99 in a $9.99 spot.

Not knowing how to read their own names. It amazes me how TMs can walk right by vehicles in the back that have their names on them and grab something else.

Since they can't be bothered to grab a walkie and ask what to do when they aren't specifically assigned to anything, not thinking about it for a few seconds. They are there to support push. Take the stuff that's on pallets and flats first so that it gets done before the store gets busy and guests are all over the place.

Must be nice having a store with an unlimited number of walkies!

While not unlimited, my store has more than enough to go around except at peak times when there are so many TMs around that no one should have to hit a call box because TMs are very easy to find then. What we do have are plenty of TMs who always "forget" to grab a walkie and then conveniently are never able to backup cashier, take phone calls, or price check. That or "oops! I must have accidentally turned the volume down."

TMs who almost always leave their light on after they leave.

Listen... I understand leaving your light on every now and then before you head out. It happens, we all make mistakes.

Not so understanding when it’s so often I had guests complain about it because they just unloaded their shit on the conveyor belt. Especially when I’m the only cashier ringing up a long line of other guests, asshole.

A major pet peeve of mine is when I'm trying to explain to one of the GS people why I brought this one item to them...this person won't let anyone else defect anything out, they insist on doing it themselves because apparently the rest of us are idiots, and they constantly ask me if I know how to sort things into the different bins when I take them to the reshop bins, when they've seen me sorting before, I actually put things back into the right bins, instead of just tossing them anywhere, and all the bins are labeled...and they just won't listen to what I'm saying, they insist on thinking that I'm trying to ask where something goes in my area, and *clearly* the packaging on a certain thing is missing, instead of just the barcode that I'm trying to get them to pay attention to, when this particular thing just comes in a plastic case, there's no other outer packaging.

A major pet peeve of mine is when I'm trying to explain to one of the GS people why I brought this one item to them...this person won't let anyone else defect anything out, they insist on doing it themselves because apparently the rest of us are idiots, and they constantly ask me if I know how to sort things into the different bins when I take them to the reshop bins, when they've seen me sorting before, I actually put things back into the right bins, instead of just tossing them anywhere, and all the bins are labeled...and they just won't listen to what I'm saying, they insist on thinking that I'm trying to ask where something goes in my area, and *clearly* the packaging on a certain thing is missing, instead of just the barcode that I'm trying to get them to pay attention to, when this particular thing just comes in a plastic case, there's no other outer packaging.
Wow I’m really sorry your GSTMs suck. Talk to GSTL if you want. Defecting isn’t hard once you know how

Wow I’m really sorry your GSTMs suck. Talk to GSTL if you want. Defecting isn’t hard once you know how
Is the problem @V 42 doesn't defect? Or is the problem that GS won't listen and assumes? Defecting is just a symptom of a refusal to listen, and that's what should be taught.

Is the problem @V 42 doesn't defect? Or is the problem that GS won't listen and assumes? Defecting is just a symptom of a refusal to listen, and that's what should be taught.
Yup, I actually know a little bit about how to defect out...one of the GSTMs tried to teach me a little, but the system went down briefly on that day all around the store, and the other ones are either new enough to not know how to teach me, or they hear me being called all day, and they tell me not to worry about it, because I have enough to do...but this one person just refuses to stop treating me like an idiot. Everyone else back there has been great, it's just this one person.

Yup, I actually know a little bit about how to defect out...one of the GSTMs tried to teach me a little, but the system went down briefly on that day all around the store, and the other ones are either new enough to not know how to teach me, or they hear me being called all day, and they tell me not to worry about it, because I have enough to do...but this one person just refuses to stop treating me like an idiot. Everyone else back there has been great, it's just this one person.
Basically:
on the login screen, k8 Sort stuff, enter ™ number (no pin)
Scan item, k4 defective, (if needed for frozen items or broken glass, k3 hazardous) k8 continue defecting item. then a sticker will print. attach sticker to item. the sticker will tell you where to put it (ESIM/toss, salvage, CRC, etc.) any two letter code means it's ESIM/Toss, but it needs to be bagged and sealed. CRC will print out as CRC or E-Cycle.

Basically:
on the login screen, k8 Sort stuff, enter ™ number (no pin)
Scan item, k4 defective, (if needed for frozen items or broken glass, k3 hazardous) k8 continue defecting item. then a sticker will print. attach sticker to item. the sticker will tell you where to put it (ESIM/toss, salvage, CRC, etc.) any two letter code means it's ESIM/Toss, but it needs to be bagged and sealed. CRC will print out as CRC or E-Cycle.
Thank you! :) That must be what I did wrong last time I tried it, I didn't press k8 on the login screen, I actually logged in.

Yep, that’ll do it :) note it only works at GS registers.
Yup, I was up at guest service trying to defect something out while that person was on their break. The newer GS person back there told me to leave it and they'd make sure it was taken care of, since the GSTL was there and they knew more about how to do it.

Yup, I was up at guest service trying to defect something out while that person was on their break. The newer GS person back there told me to leave it and they'd make sure it was taken care of, since the GSTL was there and they knew more about how to do it.
Yeah normally if it’s one thing I’ll just tell them to leave it since it’s just easier for me to do it but I always try to give someone a quick rundown if they ask. Not-really-Pro tip: ask when it’s not busy or there’s more than one of us.

Old-Timer Team Members who act like they’re a GSA because they have seniority... need to jump off that damned high horse. It’s one thing to provide assistence or advice whenever the team members ask for it. It’s another thing to get on their case and command them to do this instead of that. That is not your job. Everything is a learning experience, so let them grow.

Yeah I try to backstock as much of my own stuff as possible because I feel bad for backroom having to do this.
I try to backstock as much as I can myself if there's no backstock vehicles, and no empty ones that can be used for backstock. Generally, though, one of the women working back there will tell me they'll take care of it for me.

The new SFS seasonal hires are going to drive me to drink or commit homicide. They are constantly underfoot. Not as in needing stuff off the same rack I need, as in all over where I'm at with the RFID gun, running it everywhere including my cart, and when I ask they need hosiery or it's girls not RTW or some other way off area. And when I tell them they argue - "Are you sure? How can you tell?" And when I tell them where to go, landmark directions, they come back because they couldn't find it and I have to drop what I'm doing to walk them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back