Archived Things Team Members [Leaders] Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaders that are way too vocal about the status of the sales throughout the day. What’s in it for us? 🙄

If any of us wanted to know, we’d open the MPM app.
Oh wow, thankfully mine don't do that. I don't have any interest in what our sales are. Being a TM I just come in and do my job to the best of my abilities. Anything else is above my pay grade.

Not knowing how to read their own names. It amazes me how TMs can walk right by vehicles in the back that have their names on them and grab something else.

Since they can't be bothered to grab a walkie and ask what to do when they aren't specifically assigned to anything, not thinking about it for a few seconds. They are there to support push. Take the stuff that's on pallets and flats first so that it gets done before the store gets busy and guests are all over the place.
Whenever I don't have something I'm specifically assigned to or have been asked to do, and I'm not either on the lanes or up at guest service helping out, I'll find the STL or the nearest ETL or TL and ask them what they'd like me to work on next.

Oh wow, thankfully mine don't do that. I don't have any interest in what our sales are. Being a TM I just come in and do my job to the best of my abilities. Anything else is above my pay grade.
Our store is bustling right now. Let’s just say the leaders get a little excited when they see the $$$ going up, lol

Whenever I don't have something I'm specifically assigned to or have been asked to do, and I'm not either on the lanes or up at guest service helping out, I'll find the STL or the nearest ETL or TL and ask them what they'd like me to work on next.

Well, yeah, sure. That makes sense. Truck push at my store is assigned. Every vehicle has the names of the TMs responsible for it that day hanging on it. People walk right by their shit they don't want to do and grab other shit. So, other people have to do what they didn't do.

Well, yeah, sure. That makes sense. Truck push at my store is assigned. Every vehicle has the names of the TMs responsible for it that day hanging on it. People walk right by their shit they don't want to do and grab other shit. So, other people have to do what they didn't do.
Yeah, ours isn't assigned. I haven't had to do truck push for awhile since I get told to do other things, but whenever I do end up doing push, I just ask the backroom TL what she wants me to do.

OMG, yes. Unless you KNOW which water bottles go in sporting goods and which ones go in kitchen (Oh, you didn't even know they went in more than one place? WELL THERE YOU GO!) or whether that other thing belongs in toys or softlines or dollar spot or seasonal or some random endcap at the registers, check them first.

Putting kids bikes out still in the brown cardboard instead of removing them from the shipping box LIKE IT INSTRUCTS YOU TO DO ON THE BOX.

What's a metro?
What market have as fast pushers just that the metro racks have Waco’s

To mirror the "Things Guest's do/pet peeves thread" The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/the-things-guests-do-pet-peeves-thread.10818/

Let's hit it with Team Members-

Team members who lift the top tier of the carts. Those FMrs don't go down easy

TMS that put repacks on 3 tier carts

Getting a zebra and then asking if we carry something...why do you even have a mydevice???
TLs who leave 2 vehicles in your zone, without saying a single word. TMs who never run all of their go backs. TMs who say they don’t know how to use the phone app on the zebra. TLs who always dump a guest they are ‘helping’ on you, right after asking you to complete a task, and then walkie you ten minutes later... while you are still helping said guest, to see if you’ve completed the task. TMs who think it’s okay to dump their gobacks on my cart without saying anything, (a simple, could ya please? is all ask) TMs who use 3 tiers to stash all of their backstock that they were too lazy to backstock. TMs who leave shopping carts full of go backs in my zone. TMs who take their break even after walking up front and seeing that we clearly need back up. TLs who walk your zone, and take up at least ten minutes of your time trying to gather their thoughts. TMs who never respond to back up calls, go back calls, any calls. I have more.
I also feel I should try and be positive, and make it clear that these things, these actions, only describe like 25% of my store. The rest of them are amazing, but still that 25% of the store eats up like 80% of my shift.

TMs who take their break even after walking up front and seeing that we clearly need back up.
And they should just skip their break completely? After all, get too close to your 30 and you've just sacrificed your 15 no matter how badly you need it. Delay your break long enough that other sales floor folks go on break or leave for the day and you've just sacrificed your 15. Sometimes 5 hours is a long time to wait for food and expecting folks to skip their 15 entirely is not exactly reasonable. Sales floor have duties to do and coverage to be planned, they are not there just standing around waiting to be called as backup.

And they should just skip their break completely? After all, get too close to your 30 and you've just sacrificed your 15 no matter how badly you need it. Delay your break long enough that other sales floor folks go on break or leave for the day and you've just sacrificed your 15. Sometimes 5 hours is a long time to wait for food and expecting folks to skip their 15 entirely is not exactly reasonable. Sales floor have duties to do and coverage to be planned, they are not there just standing around waiting to be called as backup.
Adding onto this, most of us don't just take our breaks whenever we want. We get scheduled breaks at specific times, every day, so that the salesfloor has coverage. If someone skips a break to spend it backing up, sure the front end gets helped out, but then you're looking at having no one covering the salesfloor later on because everyone had to go on break at once.

Get mad at the people who have just come off break and still walk past.

Maybe someone else has already said this, but TMs who walkie about stupid stuff and have silly conversations that EVERYbody in the store gets to hear. Partly, the walkie is already way busy at this time of year with actual work stuff. But also, it just sounds stupid and childish.

I hate it when they do this! Especially when they put the ones that are typically $17.99 in a $9.99 spot.
Agreed. And I work flow! Also work ad set, and I can't tell you how many times I'm removing overfilled product from the shelf while doing the ad. Makes me nuts.

Agreed. And I work flow! Also work ad set, and I can't tell you how many times I'm removing overfilled product from the shelf while doing the ad. Makes me nuts.
Oh gosh, I also do ad on Sundays and have the same issues. The only difference is that they give us a short deadline to get our signs up so they can move us to the salesfloor to zone, so I barely even have time to remove overstocked product. But hey, you can thank “modernization” for that.

Today a guest called looking for an item. (Big surprise, they are all looking for a Christmas present.) The zebra said we had two, so I asked hardlines if they could check and see if the item was actually in stock. I read the TM the dpci and waited. The TM took a minute or two and then walkie'd back "My Work says we have two in stock." Groan.

People who can't pay the slightest bit of attention to what's going on on the walkie and just talk right over people who are already talking. Or ask someone to "go to 2" when another TM asked someone else to go to 2 five seconds earlier.

Yeah it's annoying, but at the same time, if you're talking with a guest you're listening to the guest, and not your walkie, so it's easy to make the mistake of going to a channel that's already being used.

GS walkie'd me, asking if Christmas sweaters are 70% or 90% off. Not how much off, specifically asked for 70% or 90%. I had not seen a Christmas sweater so no idea of any discount, I told them that. They said they had one and it was ringing up full price. Half the Christmas socks are full price, some of the wearable amplified gifting is full price, many of the wearable stuff is only 50%, and they want me to put my name down as the one authorizing selling an item ringing up full price at one third to one tenth the price??? If it's so audacious a price drop that they aren't willing to take responsibility for the price override why are they asking me to do so?

GS walkie'd me, asking if Christmas sweaters are 70% or 90% off. Not how much off, specifically asked for 70% or 90%. I had not seen a Christmas sweater so no idea of any discount, I told them that. They said they had one and it was ringing up full price. Half the Christmas socks are full price, some of the wearable amplified gifting is full price, many of the wearable stuff is only 50%, and they want me to put my name down as the one authorizing selling an item ringing up full price at one third to one tenth the price??? If it's so audacious a price drop that they aren't willing to take responsibility for the price override why are they asking me to do so?
my guess is a guest "found it" on a clearence rack so they just wanted. to check with you... unless part of the story is missing, I don't see where they're "put[ting your] name down as the one authorizing selling an item". If I had called back, and you had said you didn't know/they were full price I would tell that to the guest and move on.

Plus, ultimately, the price change goes in POS for the person who does it. So that GSTM would be responsible for it.

my guess is a guest "found it" on a clearence rack so they just wanted. to check with you... unless part of the story is missing, I don't see where they're "put[ting your] name down as the one authorizing selling an item". If I had called back, and you had said you didn't know/they were full price I would tell that to the guest and move on.

Plus, ultimately, the price change goes in POS for the person who does it. So that GSTM would be responsible for it.

There's some seasonal PLU stuff that for some reason isn't marked down. It has to go out on the shelves because that's our directive from above. There is nowhere to put it. So, TM's are just throwing it up in clearance spaces. Guests find it and want the discount that the sign says. Can't blame them. Front end should just be giving them whatever discount they want and not be bothering the salesfloor with it. Call corporate and ask why all the Christmas seasonal shit isn't marked down but we aren't allowed to backstock it.

If it's so audacious a price drop that they aren't willing to take responsibility for the price override why are they asking me to do so?
It still goes down under the guest service team member’s numbers, so they are the one taking “responsibility” for it. Usually I call either to cover all my bases (also to confirm I am right and the guest is wrong) and so the guest knows that they can’t just come up and tell me the price was different and I will automatically change it. They need to know there is a process and I actually am going to check back with someone.

The person at guest service usually has freedom to change and use their discretion, but they still need to double check, which is why they’ll call you as you can tell them something was marked correctly, incorrectly, or just weirdly. I’ve never seen a salesfloor tm get in trouble for just verifying what they see/ know, so I don’t think you have to worry about that.

First, there isn't more to the story.

Second, the register rang it up at full price. Yes, it is possible it got missed by price change, it's rare they miss something but I've seen it. However someone on the sales floor isn't going to have a list of potential price change misses and checking for a missed price change is not something that really can be done via walkie. If the register says full price, what is the point of calling someone over the walkie to ask if it's full price or not?

Third, everyone seems to be missing the detail that made it go from "wow, weird" and then forgotten 10 minutes later to "what the fuck are they thinking???" It wasn't a question of if it was clearance. It wasn't a question of what would the clearance price be. I was given two choices, 70% off or 90% off. Those are both extreme price discounts. I wasn't asked "is it 30% or 50%", I was asked if it should be sold at a tenth of what the register said is the price. A lot of those sweaters, 90% off is more than the $20 limit. And while it would go under the other TM's number in the computer, if questioned then that person could tell leadership "Tessa authorized it." If they were that uncomfortable choosing that price on their own, they should be asking leadership if 90% off is okay, not me.

First, there isn't more to the story.

Second, the register rang it up at full price. Yes, it is possible it got missed by price change, it's rare they miss something but I've seen it. However someone on the sales floor isn't going to have a list of potential price change misses and checking for a missed price change is not something that really can be done via walkie. If the register says full price, what is the point of calling someone over the walkie to ask if it's full price or not?

Third, everyone seems to be missing the detail that made it go from "wow, weird" and then forgotten 10 minutes later to "what the fuck are they thinking???" It wasn't a question of if it was clearance. It wasn't a question of what would the clearance price be. I was given two choices, 70% off or 90% off. Those are both extreme price discounts. I wasn't asked "is it 30% or 50%", I was asked if it should be sold at a tenth of what the register said is the price. A lot of those sweaters, 90% off is more than the $20 limit. And while it would go under the other TM's number in the computer, if questioned then that person could tell leadership "Tessa authorized it." If they were that uncomfortable choosing that price on their own, they should be asking leadership if 90% off is okay, not me.
As for why walkie, a lot of times, the guest won't shut up until we do. Or sometimes it was in the wrong spot and we want to verify.

It was odd they only said 70-90. But if they said "Tessa authorized it", which I've never heard anyone try at my store, you could say "no, I simply told them XYZ, I did not authorize anything". AP would see it was their numbers, and you'd be clear.

There's some seasonal PLU stuff that for some reason isn't marked down. It has to go out on the shelves because that's our directive from above. There is nowhere to put it. So, TM's are just throwing it up in clearance spaces. Guests find it and want the discount that the sign says. Can't blame them. Front end should just be giving them whatever discount they want and not be bothering the salesfloor with it. Call corporate and ask why all the Christmas seasonal shit isn't marked down but we aren't allowed to backstock it.
Plu doesn’t get marked down , only clearance does .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back