Archived Things Team Members [Leaders] Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, there isn't more to the story.

Second, the register rang it up at full price. Yes, it is possible it got missed by price change, it's rare they miss something but I've seen it. However someone on the sales floor isn't going to have a list of potential price change misses and checking for a missed price change is not something that really can be done via walkie. If the register says full price, what is the point of calling someone over the walkie to ask if it's full price or not?

Third, everyone seems to be missing the detail that made it go from "wow, weird" and then forgotten 10 minutes later to "what the fuck are they thinking???" It wasn't a question of if it was clearance. It wasn't a question of what would the clearance price be. I was given two choices, 70% off or 90% off. Those are both extreme price discounts. I wasn't asked "is it 30% or 50%", I was asked if it should be sold at a tenth of what the register said is the price. A lot of those sweaters, 90% off is more than the $20 limit. And while it would go under the other TM's number in the computer, if questioned then that person could tell leadership "Tessa authorized it." If they were that uncomfortable choosing that price on their own, they should be asking leadership if 90% off is okay, not me.
First even if it was a missed ticked it would still ring a clearance price if the rtw price change has been activated . The option of 70% or 90% was correct all seasonal plu or clearance are going salvage today on the 4th. So yesterday would have been at 90%

To clarify, I've seen when all but one size showed a clearance price and that one size full price because it wasn't activated, that's what I mean missed clearance. And that same day I was tagging items and using the my device to differentiate between amplified gifting and hardlines and a lot of Christmas hosiery was full price, a few amplified gifting was full price, and a lot of Christmas clearance was 50% off.

To clarify, I've seen when all but one size showed a clearance price and that one size full price because it wasn't activated, that's what I mean missed clearance. And that same day I was tagging items and using the my device to differentiate between amplified gifting and hardlines and a lot of Christmas hosiery was full price, a few amplified gifting was full price, and a lot of Christmas clearance was 50% off.

Items go on clearance at different times. It happens all the time with varying sizes of the same item or varying colors of the same item.

Clothing usually doesn’t follow the same markdown as the seasonal. That’s why you will have clearance softlines once HL is salvaged out.

Amp gifting. Some went PLU. Some did not.

Items go on clearance at different times. It happens all the time with varying sizes of the same item or varying colors of the same item.
Clothes of the same style but different colors go on clearance at different times. Clothes where Medium is not on clearance but the other sizes are is certain to be missed by price change. Every single time I've found one of those I scanned it in price change mode and a clearance price activated that matched the rest of the sizes. There's usually only one or two of that size so my guess is that the item was sold before price change but returned after price change.

PLU stands for price look-up. It’s clearance that comes up as a percentage off, is signed on the floor with percentage off signs, but is not physically marked with a ticket. Right now, the holiday seasonal and candy are PLU until they go to salvage.😁

Oh, so THAT's the difference! Whenever I see "Seasonal PLU" when looking up an item I mentally translate that to clearance. I've been printing tickets for everything marked down of late that I find in reshop carts or abandoned in the store, since the clearance areas are pretty well cleared out and stuff is being moved around. It seems to ever-so-slightly reduce the crap abandoned by the spill station scanners.

Oh, so THAT's the difference! Whenever I see "Seasonal PLU" when looking up an item I mentally translate that to clearance. I've been printing tickets for everything marked down of late that I find in reshop carts or abandoned in the store, since the clearance areas are pretty well cleared out and stuff is being moved around. It seems to ever-so-slightly reduce the crap abandoned by the spill station scanners.

Are u a pricing tm ? There was a time that ONLY pricing tm’s were allowed to print tickets. There is a report that lists the names of everyone that printed a ticket, tm were asked why? If a name was on it that wasn’t supposed to be .

Are u a pricing tm ? There was a time that ONLY pricing tm’s were allowed to print tickets. There is a report that lists the names of everyone that printed a ticket, tm were asked why? If a name was on it that wasn’t supposed to be .
Then how did items with missing price tags or damaged packaging get tagged? I'm sure that when there was an official pricing team they were a little too busy to handle those tasks.

We have a rack in the backroom that tm’s drop stuff on, we ticket and return items to end caps. Problem; if we get too busy, they go salvage back there.....but not on the salesfloor without a ticket !

Then how did items with missing price tags or damaged packaging get tagged? I'm sure that when there was an official pricing team they were a little too busy to handle those tasks.
Damaged gets defected out by guest service or receiver . Missing price tags same guest service and sales floor. But price change should be done by the price change

Damaged gets defected out by guest service or receiver . Missing price tags same guest service and sales floor. But price change should be done by the price change
So if I find a missed clearance item and I have two weeks of closing shifts then it can't be properly marked until I'm finally given a shift when price change is working? If a guest brings two identical except for size shirts up with two different clearance prices and I find that both actually have the same price and the guest wants to buy it immediately I have to take it from her instead of letting her go to the registers, because I have to wait for price change to sort it out? This sounds like an utterly ridiculous rule.

So if I find a missed clearance item and I have two weeks of closing shifts then it can't be properly marked until I'm finally given a shift when price change is working? If a guest brings two identical except for size shirts up with two different clearance prices and I find that both actually have the same price and the guest wants to buy it immediately I have to take it from her instead of letting her go to the registers, because I have to wait for price change to sort it out? This sounds like an utterly ridiculous rule.
Are you a&a? Then you should

Nope, just hardlines. We've never been prevented from printing clearance tickets. I don't get why it would even be an issue.

Yes I'm a&a, but the concept still holds true for hardlines. When I'm in baby hardlines and I'm seeing the same or nearly the same item on clearance and at regular price, should I hold onto it forever and a day until I'm scheduled at the same time as price change or should I just check for an unactivated price change and if true slap on a price sticker? And if it's okay for me to be checking the prices of baby monitors and car seats and sippy cups then why is it so bad and wrong for hardlines to check the prices on kitchen appliances and drinking glasses?

There's some seasonal PLU stuff that for some reason isn't marked down. It has to go out on the shelves because that's our directive from above. There is nowhere to put it. So, TM's are just throwing it up in clearance spaces. Guests find it and want the discount that the sign says. Can't blame them. Front end should just be giving them whatever discount they want and not be bothering the salesfloor with it. Call corporate and ask why all the Christmas seasonal shit isn't marked down but we aren't allowed to backstock it.
I would definitely prefer cashiers just mark it down and sell it. Get it out the door ffs.

Literally mark that shit down 95% if you have to, let’s just get rid of it so it stays out the landfill a little bit longer

Literally mark that shit down 95% if you have to, let’s just get rid of it so it stays out the landfill a little bit longer
And this reasoning is why if GS had asked if it was on clearance rather than give an extreme number I'd have said mark it 30% without hesitation.

Cashiers who pretend they are GSA's.

I'm sorry why are you calling for a back up instead of hoping on a lane.

How about GSA’s who are scheduled a cashier shift but just wander around instead of opening a damn lane since they are the only cashier scheduled.

What about GSAs who are at GS and still call over a GSA....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back