Archived Things Team Members [Leaders] Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The photo kiosk is close to where softlines reshop is held. Sometimes people ask me how to use the kiosk while I'm grabbing reshop. When I say I don't know how it works many give me the stink eye for not knowing and some keep asking for help with different questions about what the kiosk is doing. Argh! I hate the thing.

The photo kiosk is close to where softlines reshop is held. Sometimes people ask me how to use the kiosk while I'm grabbing reshop. When I say I don't know how it works many give me the stink eye for not knowing and some keep asking for help with different questions about what the kiosk is doing. Argh! I hate the thing.
You could partner with GSTL or other photo trained ™ to learn at least the basics if so inclined.

I've got enough to deal with in my assigned tasks, spending 20 or so minutes making a fussy kiosk print is not going to get me happy faces from the leadership wanting reshop and zone done. I can spend that same 20 minutes explaining the difference between cotton and polyester for cold weather exercising or explaining formula/bottles/nipples and that will get me happy faces and a pass, and more importantly I'm on the sales floor to be grabbed by guests for explanation, not up at the kiosk and off the sales floor.

Question for those who see the survey guest complaints that Corporate sends down - what is the typical response back to the guest when a guest complains about a specific TM?

Question for those who see the survey guest complaints that Corporate sends down - what is the typical response back to the guest when a guest complains about a specific TM?
Based on the twitter feed it's usually

"Our team members are held to a high standard, and we're sorry they fell short. We'll forward your comments to STORENAME leadership. Thank you for your feedback."

(if you're worried about a guest complaint about you, don't. it never comes of anything unless you really did something bad)

No, my husband was out of town visiting family, and he had a bad experience in the electronics department at a Target near his family. He remembered that I had said Target takes guest complaints seriously, filled out a survey (because he never carries cash and can't be bothered with getting a red card so he never uses the discount), and the ETL-GE of the store sent him an apology email. I was wondering if that's standard.

No, my husband was out of town visiting family, and he had a bad experience in the electronics department at a Target near his family. He remembered that I had said Target takes guest complaints seriously, filled out a survey (because he never carries cash and can't be bothered with getting a red card so he never uses the discount), and the ETL-GE of the store sent him an apology email. I was wondering if that's standard.
Yeah, usually they do, AFAIK. honestly the ™ might get spoken to, but probably not, unless its a recurring issue

What did the TM do?

Yes. STLs, and ETLs respond to them if the guest wants.

My team leader schedules me 5-6 days on, one day off, six days on, one day off, three days on, two days off, and then she repeats the cycle.

why
why can't I just do a standard five days a week
You can schedule me eight hours a day, five days a week, not eight hours for four days and keep the last day of the week to 5.5 hours and then do another two days after that and just give me one day off... and then I'm right back into a nice Wednesday-Tuesday grind. I could be driving a truck making just shy of $70,000 a year with that kind of schedule lol.

Truck driving seems desirable... see the country... just funnel money into a bank account or investment accounts... retire from the business in 4-5 years, buy a duplex and rent the other half out, and start my own business off of the extra $50,000 a year I didn't use, up to $250,000 lol.
Thankfully, my team leader seems to actually listen to any problems I might have so I'm sure I can work this out.

Yes, my ETL GE has to send out apology emails within a certain time frame. Our DTL makes sure that the poor ETL GE does not forget.

Nothing happens to the TMs because of the survey, since it's basically hearsay at that point. Maybe if TMs were consistently rated by surveys instead of just whenever randomly, but that's not how it works currently.

As for the photo thing... we have neither photo, nor kiosk... but the website still lets guests put in photo orders for our store. 😆

Another TM had to get involved and flat out tell the electronics TM to stop socializing and open the locked case. So not just hearsay, there was a witness.

Another TM had to get involved and flat out tell the electronics TM to stop socializing and open the locked case. So not just hearsay, there was a witness.

It would still be one TM's word against another, and likely not something Target would do. Similar to not being able to coach people even if they see it on camera.
Target is willing to yell at you for all sorts of unreasonable shit, some of it completely arbitrary and sometimes made up, but stuff like this they shy away from.

Tms that ask you to change channels but never respond. Come find me or talk to me on the radio but quit asking me to go to 3 for no reason.

TMs that don't announce if they're grabbing a call or switching to a different walkie channel. We've had six people end up on 3 at times.

My ETL-GE checks myGuest daily and we have to follow up with cashiers who get bad responses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back