Archived Things Team Members [Leaders] Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some other softlines TM told a guest over the phone that we could hold a car seat for her - specifically one that was on sale, not regular price. The guest tried in-store pickup on Target.com but it wouldn't let her place the order, so she called back to verify it was being held and I was the one that had to tell her sale items can't be held. I felt bad for her, but the question of sale prices and holding an item has come up many, many times. I just wish the previous TM had been up front about items on sale.

Some other softlines TM told a guest over the phone that we could hold a car seat for her - specifically one that was on sale, not regular price. The guest tried in-store pickup on Target.com but it wouldn't let her place the order, so she called back to verify it was being held and I was the one that had to tell her sale items can't be held. I felt bad for her, but the question of sale prices and holding an item has come up many, many times. I just wish the previous TM had been up front about items on sale.
Sale items can! Just not clearance. (Maybe ASANTS)

Sale items can't. I can't even hold a $20 can of formula for a desperate parent (though a couple of time a can of formula got "lost" in the reshop at the fitting room if the guest actually did seem genuine instead of pulling something sneaky) or a not-hot item toy or laundry detergent.

I'm guessing this is an ASANTS thing. Before order pick-up became a thing, we would hold just about anything that wasn't clearance for 24 hours. Afterwards, we were told that we could not hold anything, though on occasion, exceptions are made if they will be back in a short period of time. Even if we do agree to hold merchandise, the guest is advised that if someone puts in a pick-up order, and the item we're holding is the only one in the store, it will be taken to fulfill the pick-up.

Sale items can't. I can't even hold a $20 can of formula for a desperate parent (though a couple of time a can of formula got "lost" in the reshop at the fitting room if the guest actually did seem genuine instead of pulling something sneaky) or a not-hot item toy or laundry detergent.
ASANTS then. My store is no clearance or super hot items, anything else is fair game to hold for 24hrs, no more

I'm not sure what my store's policy is these days. We don't have space for holds at all really, with pretty much all guest service space being taken up with OPU hold areas, so I wouldn't be surprised if the policy changed.

we don't really hold anything at all because it could cause ship from store to INF something that we really do have in stock

We had someone at the desk agree to hold a shit load of random items last night. Apparently, the guy said he would be back before close. We're talking about $300 worth of random small items. Of course, the guy didn't return. And, oh hey, style I know we just opened but your bin is full.
Ouch.

We had someone at the desk agree to hold a shit load of random items last night. Apparently, the guy said he would be back before close. We're talking about $300 worth of random small items. Of course, the guy didn't return. And, oh hey, style I know we just opened but your bin is full.
Does this not happen on a regular basis at most stores? It's a very common occurrence for two of the three locations I've worked at.

Last edited:
When they remodel guest service and then tell you you aren’t allowed to have bins for reshop anymore and you’re like okay can I put it in a 3 tier so it’s contained and also somewhat sorted and they’re like nope no vehicles allowed at all just call out every return and so you do and after 10 minutes the STL yells at you over the walkie “YES WE GET IT YOU HAVE RESHOP EVERYONE KNOWS IT STOP CALLING IT WE’LL GET TO IT WHEN WE GET TO IT” and nobody ever comes so you have just end up having a have a ginormous pile of reshop on the floor for 4 hours and then when they finally get to it they yell at you about there being so much reshop.
6AA66CF9-E0EC-4633-997B-24B8AE5DE676.png

When they remodel guest service and then tell you you aren’t allowed to have bins for reshop anymore and you’re like okay can I put it in a 3 tier so it’s contained and also somewhat sorted and they’re like nope no vehicles allowed at all just call out every return and so you do and after 10 minutes the STL yells at you over the walkie “YES WE GET IT YOU HAVE RESHOP EVERYONE KNOWS IT STOP CALLING IT WE’LL GET TO IT WHEN WE GET TO IT” and nobody ever comes so you have just end up having a have a ginormous pile of reshop on the floor for 4 hours and then when they finally get to it they yell at you about there being so much reshop.
View attachment 8028
ONE OF MY BIGGEST PET PEEVES:

Me: calls for reshop
LOD: omg we know don’t call

Me: doesn’t call for reshop
LOD: omg why are these carts so full you have to call for reshop

ONE OF MY BIGGEST PET PEEVES:

Me: calls for reshop
LOD: omg we know don’t call

Me: doesn’t call for reshop
LOD: omg why are these carts so full you have to call for reshop

At my store, GS knows, for hardlines, to push carts to the backroom. They call for grocery & softlines, but don't bother for hardlines. We pretty much do reshop once a week, these days. We just don't have the hours. I was the solo mobile* HL person, again (though my ETL did stay late and cover the other side of the store), and it was all sorts of fun.

We're supposed to give our reshop to a TM "from that area" if we can't get it put back ourselves, but that directive will never, ever stick. We don't fucking have time for that. I'm not familiar enough with grocery or SL, or even H&B or electronics, to put away reshop there with any sort of efficiency at all. "Self sufficient" sounds great if you have 3x as many "selfs" to be sufficient, but obviously we're not getting more bodies or hours, so....

And, quite frankly, one of the reasons we don't have time is because the front end isn't "self sufficient", either, and we keep having to come back up the lanes. Change that and we might have more time to put away reshop.

*meaning, not in electronics or H&B, so can go outside my area.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

When a TL happens to be upfront and says this to me after checking out someone who doesn't speak much english and paying for 1 item with cash...
I had a GSTL that tried to pull that on me when I was pretty new. She walked up and (to make a point) asked the guest if she was saving with a red card and all that... except the guest spoke almost NO english and it made a really awkward situation for everyone involved

TM asked me why I didn’t call them to let them know someone took their shift in the swap book. As if it’s my responsibility. I almost had to laugh.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

When a TL happens to be upfront and says this to me after checking out someone who doesn't speak much english and paying for 1 item with cash...

Or when you get scolded for not finishing the entire Redcard and benefits spiel even though the guest very clearly does not want to hear it. Had one woman who gave me a very firm no before I could even finish the first sentence. I said okay and stopped there. I wouldn't want to hear it either. Then a lead who overheard bitched at me for not talking about the benefits even though he heard that guest cut me off. That was when I actively began avoiding the registers.

Or when you get scolded for not finishing the entire Redcard and benefits spiel even though the guest very clearly does not want to hear it. Had one woman who gave me a very firm no before I could even finish the first sentence. I said okay and stopped there. I wouldn't want to hear it either. Then a lead who overheard bitched at me for not talking about the benefits even though he heard that guest cut me off. That was when I actively began avoiding the registers.
My current leadership team have backed off on this, but for a long time, this was the policy at my store. It really frustrated me to get cut off again and again, and then get coached for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back