Archived Things Team Members [Leaders] Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My current leadership team have backed off on this, but for a long time, this was the policy at my store. It really frustrated me to get cut off again and again, and then get coached for it.
I don't know how it is up front at our store now... that happened some time ago and it's probably been a couple of years since I was even on a register. I was never comfortable with trying to convince people to sign up for cards in the first place so I sure as hell wasn't going to keep badgering guests if they showed even the slightest bit of irritation at being bothered about another store card.

Biggest one for me is when my self or other team mates push the help button at the Starbucks food services check out and no one comes up to see why. NO ONE. They can be literally walking past when we hit the button and they just keep walking. It has gotten to the point that when we need someone to cover a break they just don’t come back to give it to us and we with abandon our post or hit compliance. It is a problem all the way up to store lead and HR so we (my team members and my self) are at our wits end and honestly don’t know what to do. i have had guests ask me where my help is I have even had them go looking for another team member (without my prompting ) because they see how much we need the help. The worst is when a guest apologizes to me that they have a “big order” the guest should never be made to feel like a burden.

Biggest one for me is when my self or other team mates push the help button at the Starbucks food services check out and no one comes up to see why. NO ONE. They can be literally walking past when we hit the button and they just keep walking. It has gotten to the point that when we need someone to cover a break they just don’t come back to give it to us and we with abandon our post or hit compliance. It is a problem all the way up to store lead and HR so we (my team members and my self) are at our wits end and honestly don’t know what to do. i have had guests ask me where my help is I have even had them go looking for another team member (without my prompting ) because they see how much we need the help. The worst is when a guest apologizes to me that they have a “big order” the guest should never be made to feel like a burden.
Unless I’m misunderstanding you, other TMs probably aren’t responding because they’re not Starbucks trained?

Oh no I’m talking about trained ones including LODs and our Starbucks team leader... I did have someone from electronics come over one particularly busy day and say “I don’t know what I’m doing back here but you obviously need help and no one is coming” it’s not logical because you wouldn’t expect it to happen but at my store it happens on the daily.

GM TL: Hey, seasonaldude, don't have the same person cover your meals everyday. We're all supposed to know how to do flex.

Me: OK, who do you have who do you have who won't treat it as a semi-break to slow walk around the store or just INF everything in softlines?

GM TL: *pulls out grid and studies it* Fine. Just ask [person who covers all the time] to do it again.

Me: OK.

Happens a couple of times every week.

Teenage guest advocates standing around, when no guests are in line, cliquishly yakking about personal stuff with their coworkers from school instead of going out to the racetrack to watch for guests who are ready to checkout. Out at the racetrack, they are allowed to quietly talk to coworkers but the idea is to be ready to greet guests for checkout, not standing around where guests can't easily see them.

TMs, especially those for checkout, who continuously call out on closing shifts, leaving me as the only checkout advocate closing 3 out of every 5 shifts. Worse is they get away with calling out 5-10 times a month.

Advocates who WANDER CONSTANTLY. Need to visit the drinking fountain? Fine, turn your light off. Bathroom and your break isn't in 10 minutes when more coverage comes in? Great, turn your light off. Don't wander to the fountain, wander to an arbitrary checklane to look in the drawer (????), walk through SCO silently, watch one of your peers for 10 seconds, all with your lane light left on. What the fuck are you even doing????

New SETL who imagine that they should nitpick all day long. No, that's not good management.

And btw, you really shouldn't have threatened me. I was correct. You were wrong. Normally, I would let it go, but your over reaction was unacceptable. All it took was verifying that I was doing the job properly.
And btw, I'm not alone. Some good tms have told me, they are ignoring you. You just are too nitpicky and now have no credibility.

Shape up. Get a clue.

New SETL who imagine that they should nitpick all day long. No, that's not good management.

And btw, you really shouldn't have threatened me. I was correct. You were wrong. Normally, I would let it go, but your over reaction was unacceptable. All it took was verifying that I was doing the job properly.
And btw, I'm not alone. Some good tms have told me, they are ignoring you. You just are too nitpicky and now have no credibility.

Shape up. Get a clue.
If you were threatened physically or in any othwr way that made you feel unsafe, talk to HR ASAP.

Nothing I hate more than micro-managers. We have this one team leader who can’t go more than 15 seconds without saying something on the walkie. I’m always more productive with a more hands-off method of managing.
We used to have an ETL-GE who was a micro-manager. After one of her numerous lectures on the virtues of straighter lines of carts (To get them any straighter would require laser guidance), I had had enough. I waited until I was in the middle of the parking lot, and mumbled about her, using the term, "Her micro-managerial majesty." Somehow, she found out about this, prompting another lecture. (What the rest of the front-end called her can't be repeated in polite company.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back