To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I'm running up something for flexible fulfillment and there's a huge line at Guest service, I'm so nervous some guest is gonna start yelling at me... And then I can say "I'm not even trained on the registers!"

I definitely get the stink eye, but no one has yelled at me.... Yet.

To whoever's writing the instocks schedule: You can somehow manage to schedule somebody for 8 hours of autos under IS hours all week and 2+ people on toy team but putting more than one actual IS person on Sunday is impossible? Enjoy your half barely un-scanned shelves. But hey, at least the lip balm up front is (mostly) full now!

Whenever I'm running up something for flexible fulfillment and there's a huge line at Guest service, I'm so nervous some guest is gonna start yelling at me... And then I can say "I'm not even trained on the registers!"

I definitely get the stink eye, but no one has yelled at me.... Yet.

Lucky you. I'll be doing instocks stuff up front and a guest will ask me if a backup cashier (with light off) is open or outright ask if another lane is opening. So I'll stifle my sighs and jump on.

Eh, you don't really want a bunch of TM's that just got hired working at the service desk. I'd rather work it all day by myself than have others process shit wrong and make a mess.
We actually have quite a few TMs trained for GS, not sure if hours ran out for front end or what. Usually there's 2-3 people up there. But to only have 2 scheduled for the whole day when you have plenty trained is crazy. I thought the reason for hiring the additional cashiers would be to free up the GS trained ones to be up there

Last edited:
Eh, you don't really want a bunch of TM's that just got hired working at the service desk. I'd rather work it all day by myself than have others process shit wrong and make a mess.
We actually have quite a few TMs trained for GS, not sure if hours ran out for front end or what. Usually there's 2-3 people up there. But to only have 2 scheduled for the whole day when you have plenty trained is crazy. I thought the reason for hiring the additional cashiers would be to free up the GS trained ones to be up there

Well, yeah, I'd be fine with more trained people helping, I just meant busy 4th quarter days are not ideal for training, I'd rather run the service desk alone than have it be me and an untrained newbie. I can train them all they like first quarter, but training them on a crazy busy day so they can "help" is just going to slow things down, not speed them up.

Well, yeah, I'd be fine with more trained people helping, I just meant busy 4th quarter days are not ideal for training, I'd rather run the service desk alone than have it be me and an untrained newbie. I can train them all they like first quarter, but training them on a crazy busy day so they can "help" is just going to slow things down, not speed them up.
This is why I don't like calling for backup unless it's absolutely necessary, some of the salesfloor TMs really screw things up (leaving unsorted crap all over the counter instead of putting it away, ignoring both red and white tickets, messing up the cash drawers with wadded cash, etc...).

To the ETL-HR. Everytime I come into work and see you, I groan on the inside. You make me hate my job. You were better than the last one, but clearly that is out the window. I hate that you always assume the worst of me. No, I was not being passive-aggressive with my comment. I was dead serious. Only you decided that it was better to assume the worst of me, as usual.

I said I was excited to hear they had an evening huddle the night before. I was dead serious about that. We haven't had a night huddle in 6 months. Because I work so many nights, I don't know what our bottom departments are, if we've made sales, what the store focuses are, how we are doing on anything, really. So I was thrilled to hear we had an evening huddle and the thought that we might get one every so often. But instead, you took it as a passive-aggressive remark, and told me it was and then walked off as soon as you said that, leaving me to have to follow you to defend myself. So, no...that would be you being passive aggressive....not me.

To the ETL-LOG, the receiving TM, and the STL...last week in the TSC, a note sat on the counter for at least three days about those recalled keurigs. Instead of anyone actually doing anything about it, the ETL-LOG printed out the note, stuck the receiving TM's name on it, and it was promptly ignored for three days until the note disappeared. At no point during this period did it occur to anyone to pull the damn product off the shelf. Instead, it sat on the shelf until a guest tried to buy it tonight, and was pissed off when they couldn't buy it, leaving my csshier to get yelled at while I was on lunch.

So afterwards, I followed up with the STL, to make sure that maybe we could pull them all off the shelf. No...instead you tell me you pulled that particular one but had no way of checking on the other ones to get the DPCIs to get them pulled off the shelf. I couldn't decide if you were being stupid, lazy or just plain didn't care. But I figured if you don't care, then I sure as hell don't get paid enough to care, either. But next time I get a guest pissed off about it, I just may send them your way.

To the STL...why is it that you only call me for something on the Walkie when I am on my break or lunch? Every single damn time tonight. Here's a hint...I call it out when I am going....figure it out. That means there's no one watching the front end, so that means you need to take care of it. And whatever the hell you want from me is just going to wait.

To that tl : thanks for throwing us a party in the tl's office !
You do it every christmas , you even give us goody bags ( real good ones too!) .
Every holiday ,you show us that you appreciate us ! And we work hard for you , simply because you respect us and watch over us !

To anyone that steps foot in the backroom, when I'm doing pulling the grocery side CAF batches, do not block my path and also get the fuck out of the way. If you are going to just stand and do nothing, go into the restroom or a corner or the fuck out of my way. I shouldn't have to squeeze my way through in order to get by and I don't want to see you have that look of "am I in your way". Move the fuck out of the way and don't block the pathway. That is a huge pet peeve of mine. It is rude and not professional. How would you like it I did that to you on the salesfloor? If I brought some huge ass heavy pallet of some product and just left in one of the aisles on the salesfloor? I don't think you would be a very a happy camper.

To this certain team member who totally does as less as possible and gets away with it!!
Which leads me to this certain ETL who has a select favorite group of TMs who gets the most extra hours and are treated like babies.

to all those cash TMs working today as my mom and i came through: i am so sorry, she insisted she had to do her xmas shopping at ~my~ store (and use my discount), i am so so so sorry, you guys looked so busy and i felt so guilty in my civvies with mom and overloaded cart in tow. i know taking opening shift on the 26th is my just desserts, but still: i am sorry.

to the cashTL who recognized and smiled at me: i love you, thanks for being nice to me in front of mom, and again - i am so sorry.

The fact that you recognized what your fellow cashiers go thru - and don't exacerbate it - means a lot.
And as long as your mom didn't act like 'that guest', you'll be forgiven.

You didn't see APTL or ETL-AP smiling at you too did you?

That'd be a very bad sign :p (Hint: Your mother is not allowed to use your discount.)
If their mother can claim them on taxes, she can use the discount is what I was told. We have a TM who is considered "disabled" and her parents use hers. When I asked, I was told her parents can claim her as a dependent on their taxes so it's allowed. i believe a parent of minor can as well...

Last edited:
I think the point was to put the newbies at the registers so the permanent TMs who are GS trained could help out...

That'd be a very bad sign :p (Hint: Your mother is not allowed to use your discount.)
If their mother can claim them on taxes, she can use the discount is what I was told. We have a TM who is considered "disabled" and her parents use hers. When I asked, I was told her parents can claim her as a dependent on their taxes so it's allowed. i believe a parent of minor can as well...

I'd never heard that variation.
It sounds like someone getting creative with the rules but what do I know.
Anybody else have info on this?

But really if you are paying for the products it doesn't matter if your mom slipped you the money just before you walked up to the cash register.

I'd never heard that variation.
It sounds like someone getting creative with the rules but what do I know.
Anybody else have info on this?

But really if you are paying for the products it doesn't matter if your mom slipped you the money just before you walked up to the cash register.

No...only way someone else can use your discount card is if YOU can claim them on YOUR taxes. Minor TMs are all warned that allowing their parents to use their card can get them fired. Now, if your store wants to make an exception for this TM, that's their business, but a) they probably shouldn't try this at any other store, and b) they should probably keep this on the DL.

oh my god i did not intend to start this drama.

the discount didn't work anyway because we ended up having to use a different card instead of the redcard, which i didn't feel like mentioning in my silly post because my family's finances are our own private fucking business, i only mentioned it because my mom insisted she wanted to try it.

TTOTM at the other store we CANNOT price match online sites beside target, walmart,bestbuy. toys r us,and amazon. if you are dumb enough to make an exception , on a site that looks fake you need to call us first, so we can tell you hell no. My lod really loved being chewed out by that guest.

Eh. Cannot? Sure you can. There's an "Other" option for a reason.

Now, I agree that the store has the right to refuse to match other sites, but if your store chooses to match, lets say, KMart, I don't see that that's a huge issue.

to all those cash TMs working today as my mom and i came through: i am so sorry, she insisted she had to do her xmas shopping at ~my~ store (and use my discount), i am so so so sorry, you guys looked so busy and i felt so guilty in my civvies with mom and overloaded cart in tow. i know taking opening shift on the 26th is my just desserts, but still: i am sorry.

to the cashTL who recognized and smiled at me: i love you, thanks for being nice to me in front of mom, and again - i am so sorry.
Letting your mom use your discount is a "final" CA. Do you claim your mom on your tax return? You provide the income for her? If not you're in violation and should be written up and termed.

shescheduled untilost: 159473 said:
To the current etl-hr, you suck! I'm not working 'til ten on christmas eve. The old guy made working after 5 volunteer only (he was nearly perfect and he quit, because target). Of course because I'm trying to get my average hours up to get healthcare, I'll probably be there, but if I can find someone to take that shift and give me the day after christmas, I'm making the swap.

Alsooo, the store is only open til 9 on christmas eve. A whole hour past when the store closes seems excessive. Is it really that busy of a day???? I'm genuinely ignorant because I never worked past 5 on the day (and it was slow both times) and before that all my christmas shopping was done weeks before christmas sooo I've never seen a store christmas eve night.
I was also scheduled until 10 PM...but when I brought it up to my ETL-HR that it wasn't what I signed off for when you asked oh so long ago. You said we tried honoring that but...I called baloney because it was even outside of my availability. Pretty sure you were just trying to cover ass.
Which brings me to my others
to my ETL-thank you! For everything you did and how fast you acted when we talked
ttotm-thank you so much for switching with me so tthat I didn't lose those hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back