To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
in my store if you get more than 5 a *week* and that's a very good week, you are probably meeting guests in the parking lot after work.
We have one cashier who gives new guests who sign up for a RedCard extra "incentives" such as a larger discount...
I hate the idea

TTTMs: F**k you! I shouldn't have to fight to get your sorry asses to cover my breaks when I'm the operator! I really didn't appreciate it when both of you went on your break at the same time when I had to leave. You both knew the only other person on the floor was someone who is hearing impaired and she was the one who volunteered to cover me so I could go home. By the way: the LOD knows you were refusing to cover my breaks and he will know you went on your break at the same time when the GSA tells him. Good luck getting out of that one. To think you had the cheek to try to talk me into doing your touch ups when you wouldn't even stay at the fitting room like we're all supposed to.

Edit: Sorry, I just needed to vent. It's been a very trying day.
That's what this forum is for, isn't it? Vent away.

TTOTM, you're super nice but i feel very sketchy about the fact that you got 11 RedCards in one shift and then 16 in the next shift and then like 14 in your next shift.... like im glad you can drive redcards, but honestly it doesn't sound reasonable. somethng sketchy has to be going on.
Something probably is, ap is probably building a case, so keep it hush hush
We have one cashier who gives new guests who sign up for a RedCard extra "incentives" such as a larger discount...
I hate the idea
That sound like giving unauthorized discounts. Be sure to tell the gstl and etl- ge and ap. if they shrug it off take it to the hotline.

That sound like giving unauthorized discounts. Be sure to tell the gstl and etl- ge and ap. if they shrug it off take it to the hotline.

Nope tell AP. "Mr. or Ms. AP its probably nothing but this dude us getting more redcards than I have ever seen." Let them take it from there.

At our store, cashiers are encouraged to give the 5% off even if the guest hasn't been approved for the card. GSTL says that's "an extension of our ability to VIBE and be BOLD."

At our store, cashiers are encouraged to give the 5% off even if the guest hasn't been approved for the card. GSTL says that's "an extension of our ability to VIBE and be BOLD."

My store does the same thing. We take the 5% off no matter what.

We do up to $5: it used to be no matter what, but the scammers took advantage and ruined it for everybody.

in my store if you get more than 5 a *week* and that's a very good week, you are probably meeting guests in the parking lot after work.

for some reason now we're told we have to get at least 30 a week which is crazy since it's still kind of slow at our store. like i said this girl if super nice but something just doesn't add up. she continues to get redcards and she's probably the only one that gets more than like 7 a day (even on a slow day). it's super sketchy.

like we have another team member who gets redcards, but the most he's gotten in a shift were like 5 which seems reasonable. he's also super friendly and i would get a redcard with him if i didn't have one already. she's now getting trained in guest services so we'll see how that goes.

TTO Flow TM who was wondering why you only got scheduled for 4 hours next week...

It is a subtle hint that you should quit. No, seriously. You complain constantly about everything, never do anything unless it directly benefits yourself, and have an all around terrible work ethic. You were probably only kept past seasonal due to the desperate need for more bodies on Flow. But now that hiring is picking up again, we are not going to put up with your shit anymore.

Please quit...

Our stores now are covered in signs 'was this now that', 'x% off', etc. TTOBackroomTM THANK YOU for reading & thinking! I don't know who wrote the signs in my Market on my day off, but they clearly didn't have a calculator and couldn't do math, and I never thought to check the figures. You were shopping, noticed they were wrong, and re-wrote about 10 signs when you came back from break. It's a total grind to get through this store closing - you helped the Guests by making sure the price they see is the price they pay, stopped us all from looking stupid, and gave me a reason to write my first vibe card in three weeks.

(Corollaries: To whichever TM wrote the signs, seriously? You couldn't whip out your phone, type "price *0.8", & write the result out?? & TTO Me: Duh! You saw handwritten signs & trusted them? What is this, your first week?)

To that one STL:

I understand that you're stressed about hours and sales, and I'm sure there's a certain amount of pressure on you from higher up in the company, but do not take your frustrations out on me or my teammates, especially when we've been dealing with goddamn 2500 piece trucks with a staff that's better suited for 1800 piece trucks. It's not helping. See you next Tuesday.

TTOETL: First, I'm the photo TM. Don't call me BY NAME to clear a second request fitting room button instead of, I don't know, the FOUR SOFTLINES CLOSERS. Second, you were 20 feet away from the goddamn button shooting the shit with another ETL. I was on the other side of the store, so of course it went third request. Don't bitch at me because of that. Also, you can't bitch at the third request photo button because you called me clear to the other side of the store.

Take 30 seconds and open a goddamn fitting room. It's not that hard.

TTOETL: First, I'm the photo TM. Don't call me BY NAME to clear a second request fitting room button instead of, I don't know, the FOUR SOFTLINES CLOSERS. Second, you were 20 feet away from the goddamn button shooting the shit with another ETL. I was on the other side of the store, so of course it went third request. Don't bitch at me because of that. Also, you can't bitch at the third request photo button because you called me clear to the other side of the store.

Take 30 seconds and open a goddamn fitting room. It's not that hard.
I always hear stories like this were ETLs stand around waiting for the peons to get to the call button 20 feet away from them, and I don't believe it because that's just not how it was at my store. STL was willing to hop on a register or help service desk to deny food return bitch #930, I'm sure he's willing to clear call buttons and write up his ETLs if they wouldn't. That's just shitty leadership right there, and it comes from hiring 22 year olds right out of college to do 60 hour workweeks (which they spend talking to each other at your store :rolleyes:).

I always hear stories like this were ETLs stand around waiting for the peons to get to the call button 20 feet away from them, and I don't believe it because that's just not how it was at my store. STL was willing to hop on a register or help service desk to deny food return bitch #930, I'm sure he's willing to clear call buttons and write up his ETLs if they wouldn't. That's just shitty leadership right there, and it comes from hiring 22 year olds right out of college to do 60 hour workweeks (which they spend talking to each other at your store :rolleyes:).

The one thing ETLs worry about is their numbers and those call boxes effect their numbers.
Any ETL or STL with two brain cells is going to clear the call button.
Of course if they can pawn the guest off on a TM they might do that but I'm sure in most stores they will clear that button.
There are times when self preservation over ride even the most lazy, stupid or self-entitled.

I just wanna say congrats to my store's plano team for getting the seasonal set done early. And thanks for doing the four lotion resets early! The aisles look awesome, I finally got the correctly sized lockboxes in on the fragrance aisle (pain in the ass to zone, they were too small and I kept pinching my hand).

ya'll ahead of the game this is good

To the backroom team (again): When there's extra push, you're supposed to bring it back to the backroom. Don't put it on whatever shelf label you want.

Also, if you see something such as a pack of subject dividers and it says "QTY: 5 SEPARATE BEFORE PUTTING ON SHELF", it's not asking you. It's telling you. A cashier might not notice that at the register and we would lose money

TTOSRTL: I wish I understood how you think its ok, to treat ppl the way you do. You have a little girl...would you want someone treating her that way? No one can ask you anything with you getting an attitude...Well, I shouldn't say no one can ask you anything...cause you have your group of people who you just love...cause they kiss your ass. You keep bragging on all these new people...and when you walk away they stand around and talk. Someone tried to tell you this...but you came back with a smart remark and walked away. Karma is a bitch

To that one team member: I know I wasn't supposed to see that post it note in the front end ETL's office about me that a gstl made, because the gsa let me sit in there to relax after a really long shift for break. It was a list of people to get a coaching, and I was one of them. I'm not sure why I deserve a coaching when I push red cards so hard already, cover guest services when I have minimal training there, and always stay past my shift time to help you guys close the front end. Heck, I even come in on my off days. I may not have gotten a ton of red cards like I used to due to first quarter sucking, but that shouldn't be a reason to coach me. I'm a good team member because I go above and beyond for you when I literally receive barely above minimum wage.

I know I can't say anything, but I really want to. I actually liked working at Target since I started working there to this point, a lot, but knowing I'm possibly getting a coaching pisses me off.

Last edited:
To that one LOD... I hope you enjoyed your lunch while 12 batches from the 5 o'clock pulls ran over last night. When my ETL yells at me about it, I'll be sure to tell her that you told me not to bother calling for help since you "need to be out on the sales floor and not back here."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back