To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could like this 100 times over! I feel your pain...very much so. Everything you posted aggravates the hell out of me. Add in that someone will put ONE case of something in bulk racking. One. Not one left over from a big bulk collection, but just one case. :mad:
It's gotten to the point now where if I come across that in an area that is 100% the responsibility for an E2E team (HBA, electronics, grocery, softlines), I locu the whole shelf and dump everything on the ground in the middle of the aisle.

TTOETL:

Don't ask me to stay and help finish up one day, and then freak out on me when I have an hour of projected OT at the end of the week. This was the only day I could reasonably cut it. If you don't like it, maybe you should plan better so you don't have to keep asking 40-hour TMs to stay late.

TTOTM: I'm glad a TL *finally* talked to you about just jamming all the product from a case on the shelf (whether it belongs in that spot or not). Pretty sad that you've been there for years...YEARS...and she had to explain how to match the DCPI on the shelf and pick label to you. I knew how to check that in my first 2 hours on the job. *sigh* At least maybe now your aisle won't be a clusterf#ck every time I have to work it after you now.

TTOTM: I'm glad a TL *finally* talked to you about just jamming all the product from a case on the shelf (whether it belongs in that spot or not). Pretty sad that you've been there for years...YEARS...and she had to explain how to match the DCPI on the shelf and pick label to you. I knew how to check that in my first 2 hours on the job. *sigh* At least maybe now your aisle won't be a clusterf#ck every time I have to work it after you now.

You have met some of the flow team in my store.. Who you can also add when boxes are bowled in front of the end cap they need to go on, they will pick it up and take it where the pick label says the home location is and ignore the * that means second location. Then they get bent out of shape when you tell them "No take that back to the end cap where it was bowled." And argue that they don't have to fill end caps that is my job..

I have gone to telling the LOD that there help is worse than being short handed.

You have met some of the flow team in my store.. Who you can also add when boxes are bowled in front of the end cap they need to go on, they will pick it up and take it where the pick label says the home location is and ignore the * that means second location. Then they get bent out of shape when you tell them "No take that back to the end cap where it was bowled." And argue that they don't have to fill end caps that is my job..

I have gone to telling the LOD that there help is worse than being short handed.
Like any place, our flow team is some good, some bad. Some on my team are exactly like you said...just clueless. "More work!?" No...it's part of your work. Like the one day a guy couldn't figure out why there were 5 cases of mac and cheese backstock...but didn't bother to look for a 2nd location. Sure enough, an end cap was nearly empty so the backroom guy brought the cases back out and told him to fill it. LOL

Like any place, our flow team is some good, some bad. Some on my team are exactly like you said...just clueless. "More work!?" No...it's part of your work. Like the one day a guy couldn't figure out why there were 5 cases of mac and cheese backstock...but didn't bother to look for a 2nd location. Sure enough, an end cap was nearly empty so the backroom guy brought the cases back out and told him to fill it. LOL

They don't bother sending it back out, though one of the backroom guys has seen me pick through the backstock enough times he will call me to pick through it if he thinks something is wrong. Then he will push it back on the line for them to push again. But it blows my mind that they can't push to the fucking end cap the boxes are in front of.. But they will pick up the box and carry 18ft away to find its backstock and walk it back to the backstock tub.

So I'm about a month in as Cashier, and there is this one TL who pulled me aside 2 weeks ago letting me know that a guest did not get her coupon for her sodas because only 3/4 of her cases were scanned (they usually have us scan one case multiple times, and keep the rest in the cart). Then I had one other scan issue, but nothing came up since then. My TL said to slow down, speed comes with time, and reduce the usage of the hand scanner. Thus seems to have helped avoid more error. I am returning to my University in September, and my TL pulled me aside and reminded me to make sure I take care of Leave of Absence etc. Which I said okay, and today I requested an availability change for the weekend (instead of having an LOA and leaving completely). I think for the most part, my TL is nice and just trying to help me, but between the pulling aside and LOA reminder, there seems to be a slight chance that my TL does not want me around, and I am still within my 90-Day learning period. Fortunately, yesterday a guest asked me about getting a REDCard, and I was able to sell my first one. I'm hoping moving forward I get more so come my 90th day Target sees me as a valuable asset to the team because I work in one of if not the best store in my area.

TTOTM - I hate you. How do you get 25% or more of the drinks wrong? Do you just pull the ingredients out of your ass? Why do you think that the guests keep bringing the drinks back to me to fix them? You are a damn slob too. I would rather work alone than have to fix all of your disasters. I give up on you. I am done being polite. Yes, the dairy line is for milk. That's why it is called a damn dairy line. Don't pour juice to the dairy line. I am over it.

TthoseSLTMs: When sorting reshop, please hang things so tags are on the right or on the front. I get tired of having to rehang things, including an entire rack of men's slacks I found while zoning. Thank you.

They don't bother sending it back out, though one of the backroom guys has seen me pick through the backstock enough times he will call me to pick through it if he thinks something is wrong. Then he will push it back on the line for them to push again. But it blows my mind that they can't push to the fucking end cap the boxes are in front of.. But they will pick up the box and carry 18ft away to find its backstock and walk it back to the backstock tub.

O/N process here: Unless we're on a heavy double with a gabillion call-outs we challenge the sh*t out of the backstock. Three-tier arrives in the backroom ... lean over the vehicle ... take a big whiff ... yesssss, smells like challenge.

Our flow team is hit or miss. Some are awesome and whip through the aisles leaving a perfectly clean space when finished, any backstock neatly organized in a three-tier - rarely comes up as challenge. Others ... don't even look at a pic label (though they have been trained multiple times), tear cases open like a christmas package, pulls out one item then holds it in the air glancing at the shelf in an attempt to find a suitable match. *sigh* Backstock left sitting on the floor in a huge pile along with cardboard and plastic ... looks like a tsunami came through the wave. Backstock: pulls one item out of a case of 48 ... sends the case back with an unusable pic label and the box destroyed. *double sigh* They've been coached multiple times ... just don't listen. TLs practically in tears as we zoom past our goal time with roughly 40% remaining. And we're so short staffed on o/n they keep them on - no one wants to work graveyard.

When we do get an awesome worker they leave after a few months as they've found "something better" or "something in their field" (lots of tech co's here: tech giants create huge layoffs on a continual basis ... and huge hirings). When we get a lousy one they seem to stay on forever. *moar sighs*

I've probably ticked off my backroom a couple of times with backstock. But it's usually that I've been given 3 packages of socks or underwear to put up, noticed the sizes are mixed, and when I'm done some pegs are nearly empty from lack of product, some pegs are as full as I can squish them, and I've got 12 packages for the full pegs that someone else previously had just found a random peg to hold it rather than backstock it themselves.

TTOTM: You're a cunt. I could rant forever about you, but I can seriously just sum up who you are very simply by describing you as "cunty." When I first heard the word "cunt" I thought it was the worst sounding word I ever heard. Then I grew up and met people like you, and understood why the word existed.

O/N process here: Unless we're on a heavy double with a gabillion call-outs we challenge the sh*t out of the backstock. Three-tier arrives in the backroom ... lean over the vehicle ... take a big whiff ... yesssss, smells like challenge.

Our flow team is hit or miss. Some are awesome and whip through the aisles leaving a perfectly clean space when finished, any backstock neatly organized in a three-tier - rarely comes up as challenge. Others ... don't even look at a pic label (though they have been trained multiple times), tear cases open like a christmas package, pulls out one item then holds it in the air glancing at the shelf in an attempt to find a suitable match. *sigh* Backstock left sitting on the floor in a huge pile along with cardboard and plastic ... looks like a tsunami came through the wave. Backstock: pulls one item out of a case of 48 ... sends the case back with an unusable pic label and the box destroyed. *double sigh* They've been coached multiple times ... just don't listen. TLs practically in tears as we zoom past our goal time with roughly 40% remaining. And we're so short staffed on o/n they keep them on - no one wants to work graveyard.

When we do get an awesome worker they leave after a few months as they've found "something better" or "something in their field" (lots of tech co's here: tech giants create huge layoffs on a continual basis ... and huge hirings). When we get a lousy one they seem to stay on forever. *moar sighs*

Yes to all of it.

College student tm gets hired to work full-time this summer with the understanding that she returns to school in late August.
TM then announces to HR that she can only work Fri night, Sat, and Sun from June-July and only full-time during the month of August.
TM: Can you believe HR got upset when I told her I was only available Fri night-Sun for the first two months?

Uhh, yeah? Cause you were hired with open availability as a temporary summer employee and then for your first two months were only available weekends?? Smh.

TTOnewAPTM:

You are adorable as hell. You're quiet, and every time I try to smile at you and say hello when walking past you, you awkwardly smile back but never actually say hi. Then today you actually asked me how I was doing and I was so surprised I stumbled on my words like an idiot. Well played man, well played... but I shall win this war... BE PREPARED FOR A COMPLIMENT NEXT TIME WE MEET mwahaha.

TTOnewAPTM:

You are adorable as hell. You're quiet, and every time I try to smile at you and say hello when walking past you, you awkwardly smile back but never actually say hi. Then today you actually asked me how I was doing and I was so surprised I stumbled on my words like an idiot. Well played man, well played... but I shall win this war... BE PREPARED FOR A COMPLIMENT NEXT TIME WE MEET mwahaha.

Alright, I gotta ask...

Do these small interactions actually matter? Do people care about these things, or is it more of " it's everyone for themselves and no one gives a shit " at Target?

I think it depends on the store, and even department within a store.

I feel like at my store everyone goes out of their way to be super upbeat and friendly. As long as it is sincere I'm all for it but the forced "hey how's it going" type of stuff is cringeworthy.

In my instance I just think he sounds like someone I'd get along with, if he wasn't I'd just let him pass.

Last edited:
To that one TM: Please step back and let others do their job, or fail to do their job and get held accountable for it. You're making things worse by trying to micromanage things that you're tangentially involved with.

To that one ETL and TL: Please do your job. Or don't, whatever.

To higher leadership: Please notice when said people are doing or not doing their job and do something about it.

TTOTM - I hate you. How do you get 25% or more of the drinks wrong? Do you just pull the ingredients out of your ass? Why do you think that the guests keep bringing the drinks back to me to fix them? You are a damn slob too. I would rather work alone than have to fix all of your disasters. I give up on you. I am done being polite. Yes, the dairy line is for milk. That's why it is called a damn dairy line. Don't pour juice to the dairy line. I am over it.
Sounds like the new-ish SBTM (she's been there over a month) at my store. If she's working, I only get straight coffee because she can't make anything else.

To my whole freaking team:
STOP CALLING OUT.

We have had 5 CALL OUTS in Starbucks this week.
One person has stuff going on at home which, I know the scenario, and while it sucks, she's more than capable of going to work. We all have our own issues, inside the store and out, and while I do understand calling out is necessary at times, this is unreal. I'm one person and can't do everything under the sun to save the team. One person said he's coming in, so as his mid, I start to help him out. 10 minutes later, he walks away and comes back saying he threw up and has to leave, yet he was looking for a cover the day before.
The excuses are ridiculous. If you don't want to work, quit. The last time I called out was in the winter due to a snow storm. The "I'm just not wanting to work today" excuse (and yes, that's been used before many times)... I have had enough. I hope the few of you get written up, because I don't understand how this is still an issue. Get your shit together or leave. It's that simple.

I feel like at my store everyone goes out of their way to be super upbeat and friendly. As long as it is sincere I'm all for it but the forced "hey how's it going" type of stuff is cringeworthy.

In my instance I just think he sounds like someone I'd get along with, if he wasn't I'd just let him pass.

That's the type of person I am. ( The " hey, how's it going?" type )

I bet it annoys some people but more often than not my fellow TMs appreciate it. I don't do it with everyone but there's quite a few folks I regularly interact with.

There's some awesome TLs in my store but most of them do little to inspire or motivate their TMs.
So it often is good in my opinion to recognize and check in on your peers. Make them feel appreciated even if their TL, or ETL may be horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back