Archived Unethical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things that I would like some insight on.
1) ETL HR asking for names of people to performance out due to not being able to meet new modernization requirements.
2) ETL telling a TL they will be fired for not completing tasks. This is in front of team members.
3) ETL telling team the job needs to be done or they are going to be fired.
4) Multiple leaders "coaching" TLs on a weekly basis for not meeting expectations.

I can't just sit back and watch this. Any ideas on what to do?

I dont have a much to say but yeah. Were being instructed to document every single performance issue as small as even a TL leaving trash by a nailer. Idk what's truly going on. We've gotten zero guidance from corporate on how to perform this new modernization, so it's kinda scary.

Corporate pretty much wants every experienced team member out at this point. Leaders have been told to get rid of anyone they see as a potential disruption to modernization.

The majority of states are at will employment anyway, target really doesn’t need a reason to fire you as long as it’s not illegal.

Wait, what? All experienced TMs out? So, that means any mistake or inability to get the job done, due to no fault of your own, and your are out? Even if not enough people scheduled to reasonably perform the task?

I'm guessing your district just found out you are behind on modernization but everything is true. If TMS or TLs aren't on board- See ya later at the unemployment office

Wait, what? All experienced TMs out? So, that means any mistake or inability to get the job done, due to no fault of your own, and your are out? Even if not enough people scheduled to reasonably perform the task?
They want to get rid of anyone who isn't excited about the new way of running the store. New team members don't know any better, so they're going to have a way better attitude about it. Veterans prefer the old way of doing things for several reasons, and their attitudes reflect that. Target is trying to get rid of the negative criticism whether it's a valid criticism or not.

If a veteran has a great attitude about all of these changes, there is no reason to force them out. Veterans make the same pay as new team members anyway. They aren't forcing veterans out for the hell of it, they have their reasons (good and bad).

its all BS anyways. i no longer work at target, im at walmart now. but during my last week their i worked both my job and the new guys job. he gave it 2 days and left. during my LAST DAY my TL asked if i could stay for a 8 hour shift and help with what the others were having a bad time with. i was a 4 year vet of flow and yet im doing better than the newbies? this whole "the old guard is holding back" BS is sop overused by managers it is mind boggling how no one has asked why old timers get things done, even when hindered by the new process, when a 6 month hire cant do it. its not the older TM's who are the problem its that management decided to use the whip and not the carrot to get to the new process. the boats on fire and their throwing bodies on it to put it out!

It's very hard to be excited about about a process that doesn't seem to be thought through adequately. But what its really about cutting staff to save payroll. Since the hourly rate went up corporate wants to keep payroll down. Back when we made $9 or $10 hourly we had adequate staff but since our pay was bumped up there are less TMs. When I worked in pfresh 2 years ago we had 4 TMs breaking down food pallets and pushing until it was done. AND there were NO pallets in the coolers because we were able to get it all pushed daily. Remember Target hired an executive from Amazon. We have all heard the horror stories of how they treat their people in the warehouses. Looks like some of that philosophy has come our way!

I also think Target will have a hard time keeping new hires if it keeps going this way. I know in our store call offs are aplenty everyday and most people just leave with no two weeks notice.
Oh and most times don't call anyone in to replace the call offs.

I also think Target will have a hard time keeping new hires if it keeps going this way. I know in our store call offs are aplenty everyday and most people just leave with no two weeks notice.
Oh and most times don't call anyone in to replace the call offs.

I think I've seen a few ETL's have orgasms when they hear someone called off. They start sweating a little and their breath comes fast. Then there's the afterglow when they realize they don't have to call anyone in. It's all very intense and emotional. "Deedee won't be in today, so there's 4 hours saved. But guess what the best part is?! The best part is she died in a car wreck, so she won't be in .... ever!" High fives all around. "But wait for it
.... her mom works here too. You know, that fat, old cow that's so slow in breaking out softlines. Score! She'll be missing some days for the funeral too." Booty shaking time. "Now on to more important things. What should we order fof lunch? I feel like celebrating."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back