Archived Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't feel like finding the old thread, but it just went global at my store today. Anyone else?

We've had ours for a little while now.

One thing I noticed is it doesn't seem to keep you logged in for very long, but maybe that's just me.

Edit: About the speed, I've had no issues using it when on my phone. Much better than trying to use the 3G network since I only ever get 1 bar inside Target if it decides to even work in the first place.

Oh hell there goes the neighborhood. Watch people now Barcode scan everything, and discover they can get a whole 5cents off at Walmart.

We've had WiFi for over a year. It disappeared for a week or so when this first hit the breakroom board, but it's back and the same as ever. I use it all the time, stream movies during lunch on a tablet. Works great. The guests like it apparently because when it's down, we get lots of gripes at GS. And, of course, StarBucks is always full. ;)

Ours just launched yesterday. I get better speed with 3G personally, but I can see those guests that shop with their iPads liking it.

Ours went live in the last few days.....great, now I can download all my app updates while I'm on the clock!

No Wifi at my store & I hope we don't get it. We have enough leeches using our dining area for their workspace.

My guess is that certain sites such as those would be blocked.

Which brings up another question....will ap be monitoring what sorts of sites are being accessed?

What kind of net nanny do they use?
Is it one that's fairly liberal and allows sites like FARK (or us) or is it like the ones my wife has to deal with at her school where even the mention of breasts turns it on, so the breast cancer web site gets blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back