Archived Your weekly hours and position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
I average 34-40 hours per week.. I'm not comfortable saying my position at target.

I'm technically keyed in as a "cashier" but I am 90% guest service.
I close the service desk every monday and tuesday, and open it most fridays.
I average 29-35 hours a week.

I average 35-40 hours a week. I'm a sales floor team member (Softlines) but we lost a 40-hours-a-week FRO who didn't want to stay with Target after all after her maternity leave ran up so I tend to get 1-2 FRO shifts a week along with my usual sales floor shifts.

The factors that affect my schedule, which was 25-30 hours during the school year with my limited availability:
- Availability: Currently I have open availability.
- Policy: The new policies have positively affected our store. We live in a city where 90% of the population supports the LGBT+ community. The support outweighs the negativity by far. We've been busier than I've ever seen the store in all my Target time (except of course not quite as busy as the few days before Christmas.) Also, we are central in location to transportation (train, bus, airport) and downtown tourist attractions.
- Vacations: High school/Graduating college students are taking time off next week for graduation, so those that aren't taking time off that usually don't get as many hours are now getting extra hours.
- Cross-Training: Although I usually stay in Softlines, I get hours in other sales areas work centers every once in awhile.

Last edited:
Softlines/FRO. I average 25 hours per week. It ticks up to 40 during fourth quarter. Seems fairly typical for a retail gig.

BRTM ~37hrs. Been as low as 30 (I've had lower but it was by request) been as high as 50's (not scheduled in the 50's, but always asked to stay late) but upper 30's is average.

when I was solely a GSA, I was averaging 32-35, split between GSA shifts and service desk shifts. now my primary workcenter is Starbucks, and I'm getting 23-27 hours a week, with mostly short Starbucks shifts and one to two GSA shifts per week. I don't miss the constant GSA shifts, but with such a huge drop in hours, I'm... a little salty.

My technical average is 29.5. So....basically 30. By the holidays I get about 40 hours. Some weeks I even get over time. January? I go as low as 24. I'm at the Service Desk, being a true NPC in the game that is life.
NPC-Comic.png

33 is my average and I'm in electronics. I tend to end up with around 37 some weeks because when I go to hang out at Food Ave I get asked to work closing shifts. Working in jeans is hella as fuck btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back