MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh the 4 am process starts Monday and on Wednesday we get a double truck to screw with us.
Plus the normal fdc truck every day.

Former Amazon executive Arthur Valdez working to transform Target from elephant to gazelle - http://www.startribune.com/former-amazon-executive-arthur-valdez-working-to-transform-target-from-elephant-to-gazelle/422136133/

"The work, other executives added, is fundamentally changing how Target moves products, so when a store sells one bottle of shampoo, Target can put another bottle on a truck within hours to replace it. In doing so, products coming in can then go straight to the sales floor so Target can dedicate more backroom space to shipping online orders."

that means we will STILL get product that wont fit on the floor worked out, which STILL means same workload period lol. sheesh my store still to this day cant figure out the "web-only" items for ship from store. my pricing team is constantly ticketing massive amounts of "not sold at store"

Valdez is still there? Oh. Okey dokey. Auto corrected to okey foley which also works.

Reading thru this thread, it looks like at least one other person on a flow team got the whole "Base pay is going up $1/hr so more is going to be expected of you" / "we are going to be getting tons of qualified applicants" speech.

I find that interesting. Because while they ACTED like people would be getting an extra dollar an hour, flow is only getting 50 cents (at least at my store) because flow is no longer getting the job differential on top of base pay. In addition, over half the team is losing an hour per shift, so they are actually making less. Then, on top of that, if they are one minute late coming in at 5am (when it used to be 4am), they lose the $1/hr shift differential so would actually be making .50 cents less than they currently do - just because they were a minute late. Which sometimes happens when someone is slow to open the door, etc. It would normally be let slide, but I forsee quite a few 1 minute punch corrections in HRs future when that happens.

My store is moving to 6 trucks a week, up from 5, so that will help make up 3 of the 5 lost hours that people have lost. But the end result is going to be less money, more work while they're there and 1 less day off per week. And plus you're getting a pay cut if you're late for some reason. Which would be bad enough if they weren't giving us the whole "you're making more per hour so you should be happy" BS. I don't see this ending well for existing TMs. I think it's going to basically result in a total replacement of flow for new people who don't know any better - and even then could end up just being a revolving door.

why do you get daily fdc? not even grocery stores get trucks 7 days a week.
We have been getting daily fdc trucks for about 18 months now our numbers are double from last year. We get freezer only mon wed fri Dairy and produce every day. We get about 3 pallets of produce and 3 dairy every day. Just selling tons of fruit and yogurts.

Are you in a location with limited grocery stores? Because that's crazy!
no in an area where people hate the local grocery store and their high prices all over the city. They have about 50 stores and 10 mega stores in my city, North, east, west and south and the whole city hates them since they
have a monopoly, they are in the ins with the local government and fight any new store being built with 1 mile of them. So, people will go out of their way to shop at our store.
They had the new "whole foods" construction on hold for six months while it was being fought in court. The Whole Foods won and opened about a year ago about 6 months behind schedule.

no in an area where people hate the local grocery store and their high prices all over the city. They have about 50 stores and 10 mega stores in my city, North, east, west and south and the whole city hates them since they
have a monopoly, they are in the ins with the local government and fight any new store being built with 1 mile of them. So, people will go out of their way to shop at our store.
They had the new "whole foods" construction on hold for six months while it was being fought in court. The Whole Foods won and opened about a year ago about 6 months behind schedule.

Weird that the government would allow that to happen with that train.
My grocery store that I used to work at would only get trucks on 5 days a week. It was about 15 total trucks because putting produce, meat, and dairy, and frozen on the same trailer is not a best practice.

Did you notice that "Team" is still being used. I believe they even had a large sign built out of wood saying "TEAM". One of these days, the right hand is going to run into the left hand. :p

But only by accident as we all know Target's right hand has no idea what its left is doing. I'd be amazed if any of these corporate folks have been in any of the Stores that weren't test stores that were well prepared for a visit from the red and khaki machine

Where did u get info if % of eaches Br VS SF. This is new info/ metric to me and I would like to dive in at my store? It sounds interesting
From the DTL herself standing there with Apbp and stl talking about BR while I was following up with a TM on another project. We stopped to get my them and this is the part of the conversation I was asked to hear. For the record, ETL-Log had already left for day. APbp was in the store in street clothes to follow up on the dyson/tidepod issue (apparently we are getting a new endyme and a huge case to put them because the spider wire doesnt work and the dyson vendor hates the fact they are in the back (as does stl)

I don't know any formulas. Wish I did.

Got fed a slightly different line than what @GreasyGary heard - the increased base pay was because we have to be competitive with other similar retailers. The 50 cent bump was for being on logistics with an earlier start time.
But all of us on truck are getting fewer hours so the paycheck is actually smaller, even with the pay increase. I'd rather have more hours at my old pay rate - sure I was putting in more time but I was getting a noticeably larger check too. The days I'm allowed to stay past my scheduled out-time are way fewer too.
Gee, does Target WANT us to leave? (That's typed with tongue implanted in cheek.) Never have been able to understand how high turnover benefits any industry, unless the goal is to always hire newbies and pay less - but that's moot with the increased base pay.

Got fed a slightly different line than what @GreasyGary heard - the increased base pay was because we have to be competitive with other similar retailers. The 50 cent bump was for being on logistics with an earlier start time.
But all of us on truck are getting fewer hours so the paycheck is actually smaller, even with the pay increase. I'd rather have more hours at my old pay rate - sure I was putting in more time but I was getting a noticeably larger check too. The days I'm allowed to stay past my scheduled out-time are way fewer too.
Gee, does Target WANT us to leave? (That's typed with tongue implanted in cheek.) Never have been able to understand how high turnover benefits any industry, unless the goal is to always hire newbies and pay less - but that's moot with the increased base pay.

I agree, as much as I bitch about how low Signing TM pay is, I always realize I get 40 hours...... Even, if it ends up meaning me and a Presentation TM throw the truck of 2500, and are the last TM's from unload, backstocking it all, I am grateful for not also having the stress of hour cuts.

Back