MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, we got bumped to a 6AM unload and the Backroom was just yesterday dissolved, well in two weeks. A plan? Nope apparently they the ETLs and TLs “just” found out. That got a laugh. To say morale has dropped would be a slight understatement.

Back to School and Q4 are going to be complete and utter … hmm… what’s worse than a dumpster fire?

I have not been on here much lately but don't remember seeing this anywhere. It might just be my district although we have been doing the new modernization pilot so I'm not sure whats going on. To start out we did get a new DTL last week which is good. Our new DTL wants us to start a new process that works at some other stores in our district (yes we are not getting everything done). One familiar change is instead of one or two people being stuck in an area for hours stocking we essentially are going back to the wave as far as everyone stocking one area then moving on to next. Now the part that I do not get is the truck is going to unload with only 5 people now and repacks are to be sorted in back. The truck process may take a while but I suppose we will be told more soon. I do not have any more info yet but is anyone else doing something similar to this?

Ok so the new truck process (for us) is called a slow metered truck unload, I guess all the east coast stores do it so it should be familiar to them. This will be new for us since we were going with 9 or 10 for unload before ( 3 on truck rest on line). I have not heard anything yet about us going to 6am from 4am but I am at a store out west so things seem to start from east to west as far as rolling out new things.

Well, we got bumped to a 6AM unload and the Backroom was just yesterday dissolved, well in two weeks. A plan? Nope apparently they the ETLs and TLs “just” found out. That got a laugh. To say morale has dropped would be a slight understatement.

Back to School and Q4 are going to be complete and utter … hmm… what’s worse than a dumpster fire?
Fire storm.

With us going back to E2E soonish and Q4 fast approaching the Wave is going to be unusable anyway. Either plano will be hogging it or it will be on the charger with an empty battery, and in any case BR will have 1040 × 420^69 tons of shit piled everywhere making the aisles impassible. Just about the only way to make it less productive payroll wise would be to schedule everyone off with pay until next January.

Sewer treatment plant explosion.

Lmao, I barely trust the other people on salesfloor with a cart most days, much less powered equipment. I’ve seen them drive, it’s scary. (There’s a reason I wait till most people are out aside from leadership to leave work...). Four years and they’ve never bothered to wave or crown train me despite repeated requests from me.

Ok so the new truck process (for us) is called a slow metered truck unload, I guess all the east coast stores do it so it should be familiar to them. This will be new for us since we were going with 9 or 10 for unload before ( 3 on truck rest on line). I have not heard anything yet about us going to 6am from 4am but I am at a store out west so things seem to start from east to west as far as rolling out new things.
What is a slow metered truck unload?

It won’t. We are a AAA+ store with an offsite . My DTL already squashed the possibility of no overnight and shut it down with what works best for business meaning our store .

Yes, a AAA+ does (probably) merit an exception to the blanket rule dropping to the rest of the company... but you will stay O/N only as long as HQ deems it necessary, not because of your DTL! The GVPs are even fighting the time change for many of their stores and I doubt they will hold it off for very long.

We started a metered truck unload about 5 weeks ago. I'm not sure what "slow" metered is, since our Team is being "timed" during the process. They're getting it done VERY quickly. We also switched from 4am to 6am. There's been a huge change in the Flow Team. Since their "flow" hours are minimal.... they are scheduled under HL immediately after. They've had to adjust to being Salesfloor TMs; and HELP the Guests. Some acclimated very quickly..... and are doing an amazing job. Others, have had "strong discussions" w/ Leadership about getting onboard. And, still, others have chosen to quit.
Biggest disadvantage is the chaos when the Food Truck is delivered and Vendors are coming and going, and we're still unloading/sorting the Truck. Not a lot of space in/near Receiving.

*My store is "out west"; maybe not as "west-y" as yours?

We started a metered truck unload about 5 weeks ago. I'm not sure what "slow" metered is, since our Team is being "timed" during the process. They're getting it done VERY quickly. We also switched from 4am to 6am. There's been a huge change in the Flow Team. Since their "flow" hours are minimal.... they are scheduled under HL immediately after. They've had to adjust to being Salesfloor TMs; and HELP the Guests. Some acclimated very quickly..... and are doing an amazing job. Others, have had "strong discussions" w/ Leadership about getting onboard. And, still, others have chosen to quit.
Biggest disadvantage is the chaos when the Food Truck is delivered and Vendors are coming and going, and we're still unloading/sorting the Truck. Not a lot of space in/near Receiving.

*My store is "out west"; maybe not as "west-y" as yours?
What are your vendor ours for receiving? Our store is switching to this soon and we are so east coast we might as well be in the Atlantic. Anyways our vendor hours are going from 6-1230 to 8-12. Hope they all got the memo.

What are your vendor ours for receiving? Our store is switching to this soon and we are so east coast we might as well be in the Atlantic. Anyways our vendor hours are going from 6-1230 to 8-12. Hope they all got the memo.

To my knowledge.... the hours were switched to 8am. But there's a few who check-in before.... usually thru the employee entrance. It's just "crowded" in the backroom w/ ALL the product, ALL the equipment, ALL the people at the same time.

To my knowledge.... the hours were switched to 8am. But there's a few who check-in before.... usually thru the employee entrance. It's just "crowded" in the backroom w/ ALL the product, ALL the equipment, ALL the people at the same time.
Yeah I figured it was because of crowding. I thought they would just extend the hours to accommodate but I guess not. I’m glad we don’t do ship from store, we would have no damn room in the back then.

Yes, a AAA+ does (probably) merit an exception to the blanket rule dropping to the rest of the company... but you will stay O/N only as long as HQ deems it necessary, not because of your DTL! The GVPs are even fighting the time change for many of their stores and I doubt they will hold it off for very long.
You might be right. However that will be a huge turnover if they would do that to my store. 30 overnight people a night,they will never change to work at 4 am let alone at 6 am.

Crowded backroom is always my challenge. Barley enough room for me at my desk. Getting vendors in the door just so I can check them in. Receiving pallets and where to park them till mdsers come in to work them. Giving the unloader a heads up I have to break the line so that someone has to pass through.

tpeayta-gif.2610

Back