MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
That is just lazy.
Well...You can look at it as being lazy or as being smart. Speaking from experience, you rely on the measurements being supplied on the planogram to be correct since the MPD (merchandise presentation department) should have the fancy program that designs the planograms. Program should take into account the product size, etc... but sometimes it doesn't so, when you are in your last section out of 8 just to discover the cereal box doesn't fit and you only have 20 min left of your shift then yeah, you do what you need to to get done. I would make note of the discrepancy and let my higher ups aware of the problem and the quick fix, for now. If time allows to go back and "make it right" is another thing altogether.

Last edited:
$15/hr will not make people work harder. The people that care are already working as hard as they possibly can, and those who don't care are not going to change. Having a revolving door of TMs is just going to hurt the morale of those who do care to the point where they either don't care anymore or care too much to stick around when they know they're carrying the weight of the store on their backs.

There are many other employers who offer $15/hr or more with less expectations and greater benefits. The "just leave if you don't like it" mentality is going to hurt Target more than it will help.

I was going towards $15 an hour and accountability. The new GM role is not equivalent to Hardlines.

My favorite POG goof is when a deep product goes between two sections, so it doesn't actually fit because of the brace at the back of the shelf. Smart!

This isn't really a POG goof but is a bitch to fix because you have to send in to have them adjust it.
That's when the support beam runs through the spot where that product (or frelling display, which is even worse) is supposed to go.
That can take weeks and even months to fix, meanwhile no product or maybe on box which as soon as it's sold....

This isn't really a POG goof but is a bitch to fix because you have to send in to have them adjust it.
That's when the support beam runs through the spot where that product (or frelling display, which is even worse) is supposed to go.
That can take weeks and even months to fix, meanwhile no product or maybe on box which as soon as it's sold....
After our remodel, Space and Presentation doesn't seem to believe us when we tell them which aisles have support beams, so we get pogs for the old aisles that had obstructions that have spots for the obstructions, but can't seem to get ones for the aisles that now have them. Oops! Oh well.

I was going towards $15 an hour and accountability. The new GM role is not equivalent to Hardlines.
The infernal shelf brace has been the bane of planograms since planograms were invented

I learned how to build pogs from Walmart. So when I do any pogs here, I apply one rule to all the other things on the pogs. Product determines the shelf not the other way. I can change the location or height. I cant change the size or shape of product. So I will remove facings, or locations if I find an obstruction like the brace. I still have the dog leachs built by eye balling dpci numbers and a charge of sizes from 2013 mounted to the back of the end cap.

On the replenishment modernization, I do like it. Its does work more efficiently. Yes it totally defeated the purpose of eliminating the flow team but since no one really has any clue what direction E2E is going since the main objective is actually impossible. (I asked RVP when he/she decided he/she visted during the store display of this. My answer when I asked when our DC would be online? Never. Spot discovered what others apparently knew. Its impossible to retool them while in operation AND retooling them while down is a millions of $$ operation that no one wants to bite.

So much for the bloodletting. I begging to believe that E2E will be dead by 2020. But what do I know. I do know this, I WON'T be there to see. I had less stress working at the airport under constant security and actual problems. I keep getting reminded why I quit computer repairs. Unrealistic expectations, overloaded work and incompetent staff.

My POG team & the pricing team are still alive and well, thankfully.

I don't think it is going anywhere, IMO with E2E/Modernization/SFS, POG team, is quite literally the most important team in the entire store, to keep things consistent, Is there any team in the store that actually drives more sales, directly or indirectly, (While off the clock), than POG? No. (This includes, and eclipses VM)

Last edited:
My POG team & the pricing team are still alive and well, thankfully.
You go through E2E yet or the new unload? The store I'm at is also struggling with push all and 7 trucks a week. Not enough of everything from TM's to vehicles or equipment. It's not even 4th quarter! I can't imagine what the holidays are going to look like. My POG Team and Pricing TM are still working but not for long. Got unofficial news that our district is rolling this out Feb 2019. So basically after 4th quarter I don't know where I'll be. I've got less than 6 months to figure it out.

You go through E2E yet or the new unload? The store I'm at is also struggling with push all and 7 trucks a week. Not enough of everything from TM's to vehicles or equipment. It's not even 4th quarter! I can't imagine what the holidays are going to look like. My POG Team and Pricing TM are still working but not for long. Got unofficial news that our district is rolling this out Feb 2019. So basically after 4th quarter I don't know where I'll be. I've got less than 6 months to figure it out.
We have been doing e2e for a year and the new unload for 2 months. Price and pog still exist and there’s no plan to eliminate this year. No guarantee that feb 2019 will be different tho. There’s been no discussion as of yet from the dtl

Well...You can look at it as being lazy or as being smart. Speaking from experience, you rely on the measurements being supplied on the planogram to be correct since the MPD (merchandise presentation department) should have the fancy program that designs the planograms. Program should take into account the product size, etc... but sometimes it doesn't so, when you are in your last section out of 8 just to discover the cereal box doesn't fit and you only have 20 min left of your shift then yeah, you do what you need to to get done. I would make note of the discrepancy and let my higher ups aware of the problem and the quick fix, for now. If time allows to go back and "make it right" is another thing altogether.
Yep. We already had the top shelf 5 notches higher than the pog states because of the pushers. When I got to the section with the individual bowls of cereal and the box on the 2nd shelf didn’t fit, DAMN! So I stepped back and came up with a better solution. Lol. We do it daily.
For example...that picture going around of the Doritos in the lockup....the person that set that should NOT have followed the pog just because he’s supposed to. Think smarter.

We are being prepped for it now.. yeah we thought now was bad with the shit show we have going on so let's make it WORSE!!!!!!

elaborate please

-ETL-level expectations in 40 hours a week (you're high if you think you're gonna get OT as closing lead, except MAYBE during Q4)
-Very little support from dayside ETLs and leads (my closing lead has literally walked into the backroom and found that NO bales have been made, no trash tossed into the compactor, and the back line was a mess)
-No staffing/hours to complete night time tasks

Could go on

Back