MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My STL kindly told me that part of the new process is, instead of parking my uboat somewhere out of the way at the end of the aisle I'm working on, opening ten thousand things in plastic and putting them in a small repack, and then taking that small repack with me into the aisle to stock, I should have the uboat by my side, blocking half the aisle while I sort through every repack because zone 2 covers 18 different aisles at my store and nothing is super sorted. How is that better than my method?? Ugh.

My flow etl (unsure what his new position will be) told me that I can't sort my houseware repacks, I have to work one at a time. I get housewares (21 aisles), pets (3 aisles), chem (2 aisles), and sometimes they give me stationary, HBA and bedding because DC hates me :p. So it's a lot of back and forth that way. Fortunately, my TL breaks them out for me still. Honey, I got a big storm coming when they change the process.

But I'm supposed to be able to work out a whole uboat full of those, plus all the case freight, and do another dept too, in 2-3 hours. It's absolutely wild. We clearly haven't gone completely with the new process yet, but my flow TL told me she's going to training next month so it's coming.

Met my first lie under modernization. I was told to my face that on days/weeks we don't have transitions, I'd be on inbound in paper and automotive. I'm off the next two Fridays. I'm going to question it tomorrow with the ETL hr who told me that.

It's still a thing...my store (well, STL) got it last year. As a TM, I got nothing.

This is something I have a huge problem with. My STL got it as well last year when the man didn’t go through 20 percent of the pressure and suffering us TM and some TL’s did. We were a pilot store literally pushed to our limit working from 4am-2pm and sent home right at 39.9 hours (only us good ones that work hard and willing to learn more) leaving that place looking like we worked in a coal mine while our STL never even got his pants dirty. We were exploited and blamed for any little thing that went wrong and we still topped our district in sales so guess who got the credit? You think it was Inbound or what use to be POG? Or SFS? Nope the STL got a bonus and DTL got promoted while neither one of these guys can tell you that office is department 081 or you can’t fit bulk plastic on a U Boat. Our teams just got a “good job, but let’s do better” I get extremely frustrated thinking about it

My STL kindly told me that part of the new process is, instead of parking my uboat somewhere out of the way at the end of the aisle I'm working on, opening ten thousand things in plastic and putting them in a small repack, and then taking that small repack with me into the aisle to stock, I should have the uboat by my side, blocking half the aisle while I sort through every repack because zone 2 covers 18 different aisles at my store and nothing is super sorted. How is that better than my method?? Ugh.

If this is the only thing you are worried about, just keep it within arms distance. I wish that was the only thing that i had a problem with.

You understand you’ll still be setting pogs right? The only position completely dissipating is the TL spot. All the Plano TMs will still be setting pogs and pricing. Depends how your store splits it up. Some stores will keep the team intact but each department TL will over see the major transitions and keep up with communication for their department. Other stores will split up the team into designated departments and you will oversee the transitions while teaching your new department TMs how to do it. If I had a TM with that attitude they would be gone extremely fast. I expect all TMs regardless of position to share their knowledge with other TMs
Yes I’ve been told I will be one of 2 “Presentation Experts”

How are people handling the POG fills? If they're tied before the autos are completed, it'll drop into the auto, but the POG TMs can't set POGs without them being tied. Ideally, they wouldn't pull until they've moved the product and corrected SFQs, but right now it seems like they're getting forced to pull the POG fills and have them sit on the salesfloor (can't have anything on the pull line, it's not modern!) for 5 hours while the set goes on.

So a store in my area will have consumables take over Food Services and Starbucks. Anyone heard of this with mordernization?
I just sat in with my STL today and he said Target has realized that using a TL to Oversee consumables and Starbucks, does not work. We’ve had it like that for three years and it has not worked at all. So they took a former (starbucks) team lead that was a Pfresh TM and brought her over to “lead” Starbucks. It’s been going great but now with the modernization, We are going to go back to a regular Starbucks team lead...not overseeing consumables.

I just sat in with my STL today and he said Target has realized that using a TL to Oversee consumables and Starbucks, does not work. We’ve had it like that for three years and it has not worked at all. So they took a former (starbucks) team lead that was a Pfresh TM and brought her over to “lead” Starbucks. It’s been going great but now with the modernization, We are going to go back to a regular Starbucks team lead...not overseeing consumables.
Super Targets have a Starbucks/Cafe TL, this is nothing new

Yes this is the program.

It's new for those of us Food Team Leaders who were in charge of Pizza hut/cafe, Starbucks, and market, because our ULV store was not allotted more.
Oddly enough, a PFresh/GM store with a SBUX can earn a Food Service TL based on sales of of the SBUX.

Super Targets though get a Food Service TL only after doing $17M+ in Food Sales... regardless of their SBUX volume. SBUX get lumped in with the other production heavy departments - Bakery/Deli.

The difference though is a PFresh/GM SBUX TL usually doesn’t get enough payroll to not be counter coverage 75% or the time, where as the Super Target Food TL over Bakery/Deli/SBUX/Food Ave* (when applicable*) are basically overseers. So I’m not sure who has it worse.

My flow etl (unsure what his new position will be) told me that I can't sort my houseware repacks, I have to work one at a time. I get housewares (21 aisles), pets (3 aisles), chem (2 aisles), and sometimes they give me stationary, HBA and bedding because DC hates me :p. So it's a lot of back and forth that way. Fortunately, my TL breaks them out for me still. Honey, I got a big storm coming when they change the process.

But I'm supposed to be able to work out a whole uboat full of those, plus all the case freight, and do another dept too, in 2-3 hours. It's absolutely wild. We clearly haven't gone completely with the new process yet, but my flow TL told me she's going to training next month so it's coming.
Everything except your housewares products should be removed by sorting during the unload.

Oddly enough, a PFresh/GM store with a SBUX can earn a Food Service TL based on sales of of the SBUX.

Super Targets though get a Food Service TL only after doing $17M+ in Food Sales... regardless of their SBUX volume. SBUX get lumped in with the other production heavy departments - Bakery/Deli.

The difference though is a PFresh/GM SBUX TL usually doesn’t get enough payroll to not be counter coverage 75% or the time, where as the Super Target Food TL over Bakery/Deli/SBUX/Food Ave* (when applicable*) are basically overseers. So I’m not sure who has it worse.
That is true now with store mod, but last year not so much. High volume Starbucks, but unable to have own TL, because of ULV PFresh status. Now, we were able to get the specialized food service TL.

I was only posting, because for some stores, the seperate TL roles are new, unlike what a previous poster had said. :)

I challenged my ETL hr on the speech he gave me during our 1 on 1 last week. He said "blah blah blah" about the schedule and that didn't happen. So I went into his office today and asked him if I misunderstood what he said. He hemmed and hawed but finally reverted to the safety of business needs. If you can't be straight and tell the truth, at least be consistent with your lies.

Well, modernization has finally come to my store. They have been speaking to team members in groups, but I have not been in one of these meetings yet. The 1 on 1 meetings are yet to come.

Everything except your housewares products should be removed by sorting during the unload.
They don't really sort repacks on my line, just send them to the right area. 3 goes to 3, 6 goes to 6, 4 goes to 4, etc. He only sorts combos, and even then, he gets stuff wrong because scanning is too difficult, I guess. Sometimes, he gives me baby or bathroom stuff.

backroom TL just put her notice in. in everyone’s experience or knowledge, do they kill that position or do they rehire for it with all the new changes?

Our backroom tl is quite funny to watch. No guest service skills and hasn’t a clue how to do anything salesfloor related. Watching her do toy revisions and toy focals this week has been hilarious. Constantly calling for help. I’ve put those focal signs up on my own for years. She’s not much shorter than me but can’t handle it.

They also killed green BRLA and being able to drive the Wave through the backroom

So THAT's what happened...

Hey, we can drive the wave through the backroom. Just give us a half an hour and another TM to shove all the shit out of the way as we go.

Pretty much. Anything from OPU that's wave required and has a billion pallets in the way is an automatic INF for me. I'm not wasting time getting that.

Back