Archived annual merit raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, i just got my review (TL) and i just wanted to see hows everyone percentage was based on this new scoring system. i recevied Delievered Exceptional Outcome (DEO) and earned a 6% raise. i also delievered my teams review as well and the TPS earned the middle one (ill edit once i remeber). that was only 2.5ish%. i felt that was a little bit too low. i would like to hear from everyone ETLs, TLs, and TMs.

Longtime vets can help me with this, is it true only so many people in the store can get the higher raise?

At least one TL posted their review score and raise a few weeks ago, but I don't remember where.

Got 6% before I got promoted to TL as a PA. Last year as a TL, I got 4%. I'm hoping to get 4% because that was what I consistently got in years past before becoming a TL :O

Longtime vets can help me with this, is it true only so many people in the store can get the higher raise?

This year was confusing, as most people read the rollout as this... It used to be O = 90+, EX = 80-89, E = 70-79, IE = 60-69 etc... Now that its only 1-3 scoring, we all thought that 3 was 90+, 2 was 70-89, and 1 was 69 or lower. This meant that most people received the middle category.

What it is SUPPOSED to be is actually 3 = 85+ (middle EX and above) so more people should be able to be 3 and get the max amount. There is a budget though, but no quota on the amount it can be. If they submit raises for the district (or store for TLs) and you overspend then you have to go bump people down to get to the budget for raises.

I'm definitely interested in how reviews turn out, especially because of how I've seen a "exemplary" team member act lately. :rolleyes:

Interesting, I should find out before this weekend for my review as a TL.

There is a budget for the raises, so there is no quota, but there is only so much money to go around.
Yup my store already pays a pretty high starting amount due to the area and staffing issues so raises don't increase as much, was pretty much told want a raise get promoted.

Seems like a way to cut raises but given hout cuts raises are basically worthless. What is this Linkedin I see on the chat section lol

There is also a matrix to follow for most stores...the majority should be in the DIO category. This makes sense IMHO. I agree with Rock Lobster about the confusion this year. However, I did notice the instructions sent from corporate to store leadership had a recommended lower average merit raise suggestion for my store than in years passed. I agree that many DIO will be upset this year but there are always people who quit this time of year due to raises.

At least one TL posted their review score and raise a few weeks ago, but I don't remember where.
With the new performance grading metrics (DEO,DIO,ION), has anyone heard what the merit raise % will be for these? DIO combined the old E and EX, and ION IE and U. DEO is the old O. Most team members fell into the E and EX. But will their raise be 3.5% (old E) or 5% (old EX)?

I asked my ETL HR, but did not get an email back yet. Probably avoiding the question.

This new grading is unfair. Numerical scores are not used anymore. Even if a TL/ETL gave themselves an 83 or 88, it was still an EX. But an 89 could have reached a 90 or an O on their next review. I see it as unfair as you are saying a TM that is a step from the top is going to get the same raise % as someone near the bottom.

RhettB, Jan 11, 2017

I had my best year ever at Target and I'll be taking over market. After getting EX for all 6 previous reviews, I got DIO this year and got 3.5%. Best year, lots of extra responsibility, but my lowest raise ever. And I know a few other TLs in my store are also getting their lowest raises ever.

We have a chat session with the DTL and the HRBP in a couple weeks. It's going to be fun.

Myself and my APTL got DEO and 6% raises. One of my TPS got a DEO, 6%. Everyone else on my team (APS' and TPS') got DIO, I believe about 3.5%.

I can't speak for the rest of the store. But I was told our reviews came from the APBP and not the store. Can't confirm that though.

Great...new scoring system. In the years that I have been at Target, I think that this is the fourth re-vamp of the evaluation sheets.....each re-vamp gives fewer opportunities for pay increases.....guess that this new system along with the AP and HR-ETL changes ought to make it easy for Target to screw us out of the paltry raises that we already get.

Last year all new TMs started at $10.oo an hour...so, TMs hired this past year might end up making a lot more than some of us vets. Oh well, as long as Brian and all the leadership get their millions.....what do they care?

Last year all new TMs started at $10.oo an hour...so, TMs hired this past year might end up making a lot more than some of us vets.

Screw corporate but this does not happen. When there is a base pay increase everyone is risen to the floor.

You may have lost your merit pay increases from past year but no they are not making more than you if you are the same paygrade.

Screw corporate but this does not happen. When there is a base pay increase everyone is risen to the floor.

You may have lost your merit pay increases from past year but no they are not making more than you if you are the same paygrade.

True, but they could be making the exact same as you after you've given the company 10 years of your life. That's not right either. I have always felt that the merits you've earned should be on top of whatever the increase in base is. An employee with years of experience in multiple areas and a reliable record should not be insulted by being paid the same as a newbie who just walked in the door and knows nothing. For example.... you make 10.50/hr and new people make 10/hr and they increase pay to 11/hr..... suddenly you are being paid 11/hr and yes, that's good... but so is every new hire coming in the door. In my opinion that .50 you had over the top should be added to the increase and you should be making 11.50/hr.... in other words, merits should not be swallowed up in pay increases. But Target isn't the only one who does this.

My biggest beef with this "new and improved" review rating system is that it was rolled out AFTER the fact. We gave and received reviews last year and were told this is what you need to get to the next level. So many people did exactly that. But now that level has just vanished like a fart in the wind. If they would have let us know last year or even in the summer we could have said this is how your performance will be evaluated this year, then you actually had the information needed to work towards a stable goal not a movable one. The minimal ratings (just the 3) really is not an accurate rating either. This is especially true when you only give so many top scores. Lets be honest, we know how many people need to fall into which categories and that is the system really used to see who gets what. Its not any different than anywhere else really. But again its just plain stupid to have people work for the entire year and THEN tell them how they will be rated is disingenuous.

True, but they could be making the exact same as you after you've given the company 10 years of your life. That's not right either. I have always felt that the merits you've earned should be on top of whatever the increase in base is. An employee with years of experience in multiple areas and a reliable record should not be insulted by being paid the same as a newbie who just walked in the door and knows nothing. For example.... you make 10.50/hr and new people make 10/hr and they increase pay to 11/hr..... suddenly you are being paid 11/hr and yes, that's good... but so is every new hire coming in the door. In my opinion that .50 you had over the top should be added to the increase and you should be making 11.50/hr.... in other words, merits should not be swallowed up in pay increases. But Target isn't the only one who does this.

Agreed we have a 20 year pricing vet making only 3.50 more than our 16 year old cashier.

She has gotten huge raises but merit increases wipe them out.

We gave out a lot of the top score at my store. Probably close to half the store and all but one person on my team got the highest score. However, we have a very experienced store and they do a great job. I don't think there is a limit to how many people can get that score, I think some STLs must make that a thing.

If everyone is at the base pay and a new TM gets a bigger raise than a vet, that new TM is now making more.

Got Delivered Important Outcomes and got 3.5% raise like all the TL that I have talked to in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back