Archived annual merit raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest beef with this "new and improved" review rating system is that it was rolled out AFTER the fact. We gave and received reviews last year and were told this is what you need to get to the next level. So many people did exactly that. But now that level has just vanished like a fart in the wind. If they would have let us know last year or even in the summer we could have said this is how your performance will be evaluated this year, then you actually had the information needed to work towards a stable goal not a movable one. The minimal ratings (just the 3) really is not an accurate rating either. This is especially true when you only give so many top scores. Lets be honest, we know how many people need to fall into which categories and that is the system really used to see who gets what. Its not any different than anywhere else really. But again its just plain stupid to have people work for the entire year and THEN tell them how they will be rated is disingenuous.
This is moving the goal post after you have made a touchdown.

I am nervous for my 1st proformance review for the following reasons:

1) first year at Target
2) previous experience with proformance reviews. Heres what you do great and now the next 30 minutes is what you need to improve.

I truly believe I do a great job but its going in blind folded for those things. Plus the expectation of what previous tm said no one can score highest and wont get more than a 3% raise

I am nervous for my 1st proformance review for the following reasons:

1) first year at Target
2) previous experience with proformance reviews. Heres what you do great and now the next 30 minutes is what you need to improve.

I truly believe I do a great job but its going in blind folded for those things. Plus the expectation of what previous tm said no one can score highest and wont get more than a 3% raise
Lol. Yea I doubt the actual review will last more then a few minutes. Don't feel too bad about what is said. Most of the time your TL has to write the review around the score the store leadership (ETLs/STL) has said you will get.

We are supposed to get raises every year? o-O
I remember one of my TMs friends got a 14 cent raise... where's mine? At three months lol

We are supposed to get raises every year? o-O
I remember one of my TMs friends got a 14 cent raise... where's mine? At three months lol
Last I was aware they prorate your first year, so if you got the average score and a, say, 35 cent raise with it, you'd only get 3/12th of that (or how many months you've been with the company divided by twelve months), so a 14 cent raise is very common with first year seasonal hires kept on.

Last I was aware they prorate your first year, so if you got the average score and a, say, 35 cent raise with it, you'd only get 3/12th of that (or how many months you've been with the company divided by twelve months), so a 14 cent raise is very common with first year seasonal hires kept on.
I've never got anything haha and I've been with target for 1 year and 3 months!

Got mine finally, first-year team lead, not even a full year at that, but of the entire store I was the only one able to improve sales and comp positive in my departments, so from that I got a 3, or 6% raise. However my fellow peers got 2's so they got the 3.5% raise.

If everyone is at the base pay and a new TM gets a bigger raise than a vet, that new TM is now making more.

Brand new tms don't get big raises if the get one. They have to be with the company so many months before they are eligible and even then it's prorated

If a new tm gets a higher raise than an old tm the old tm must have gotten a poor review

Last edited:
It was my understanding that there was a range for each of the categories. So if three people were at a dio, one could be at a 5%, another at 4% and someone else at 3%. It is very confusing this year and I am so anxious to know what I got as a tl. No one knows what to expect!

I'm a TL and I got a DIO. 3.5% raise. I think it's DEO = 6%. DIO= 3.5%. Not sure what the ION would be. I think this scale is just for TL's too. Everyone of my TM's got a DIO and their raises are all 2.5%. Can anyone else confirm this?

Why are the TLs reviews done and raises already in affect it started on Sunday march 19th at my store but no TM reviews yet.

When do the TMs review snd raises go into affect ??

I'm a TL and I got a DIO. 3.5% raise. I think it's DEO = 6%. DIO= 3.5%. Not sure what the ION would be. I think this scale is just for TL's too. Everyone of my TM's got a DIO and their raises are all 2.5%. Can anyone else confirm this?
2.5% won't cut it that's only 29 cents. And 3.5% is only 40 cents after 4 years of strong hard work I deserve at the least 10%.

This whole new system is BS as I brought up here (https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/2016-reviews-merit-raises.16251/) . A TM who was a step away from an "O" is now in the same group as that TM who was a step above an "IE". And that old EX gets a lower merit and the old E gets a higher one.

Surveys may be fun this year. Do you feel valued? Are you satisfied with the pay?

Why are the TLs reviews done and raises already in affect it started on Sunday march 19th at my store but no TM reviews yet.

When do the TMs review snd raises go into affect ??

I am a TM and already got my review. Raise doesn't go until effect until April, won't show until my may check

Improved outcome needed is for people who are slow or don't show much inviative. They got no raise.

I have seen raises for 2.5 to 3 percent for DIO and 5 to 6 for DEO

DIO will get you get you a 1.7% increase, so thats still something. Not too many happy team members at my store. First the hours are gutted, now the kick to the groin with the petty raises. Wouldn't be surprised if I showed up to work one day and the building was on fire

Well team members make $11.50 here since the minimum wage went up In Washington. Last year I got a $.50 raise. I can't picture getting the same amount this year and making $12.00 even.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back