Corporate Dear Corporate...

I've been with the company over four years and incoming A&A seasonal team members are making more than I do.
That’s madness
Yeah, I hate that too. I'm making as much as the people I'm training and we're making almost as much as our TL who's been there a lot longer? That's insanity.

I'll do you one better. I've been with the company for 11 years, received the old EX review scores for 9 of those years, became a TL, and my cashiers now make about $1 less than I do.

My give a shit is record breakingly low.

Last edited:
I'm in my 5th year and I make what a new hire makes - 12 bucks.

Derps the fuck outta me...
4 years and the same. $12, the same as people coming in right now. And the funny thing is some of them get more hours than me because they got put in busier areas. It's insane. That's why I no longer care about performance reports. It's totally meaningless because the standard pay will keep getting bumped up, and new hires will be on my level once again.

I'm a mediocre employee now and I'll never give them my all again :D

4 years and the same. $12, the same as people coming in right now. And the funny thing is some of them get more hours than me because they got put in busier areas. It's insane. That's why I no longer care about performance reports. It's totally meaningless because the standard pay will keep getting bumped up, and new hires will be on my level once again.

I'm a mediocre employee now and I'll never give them my all again :D

Appreciate your honesty!

__

And there you have it folks. Something *all* of us at store level seem to know, but seems to be a mystery to Corporate.

Dear Corporate,

I don't work for you anymore but my union just negotiated a COL of 1.5% every year.
For me, right now, that is an extra $48.00 bucks a month.
It isn't a hell of a lot but that is added to my paycheck every year no matter what.
Unlike when I worked for you and some poor ETL had to tell me that no matter how hard I had worked they could only give me a .20 raise because the store wasn't doing that well.

Give your people regular Cost of Living raises so they keep up with the ridiculous way everything has gotten more expensive.
Your long time employees deserve that much.

Last edited:
I'll do you one better. I've been with the company for 11 years, received the old EX review scores for 9 of those years, became a TL, and my cashiers now make about $1 less than I do.

My give a shit is record breakingly low.
The new hires make almost as much as my SrTL does (or will soon if Spot doesn't give vets a better pay bump than new hires). She's been here for at least 10 years.

Imagine being in corporate's position? Like think about your whole life. People who grew up with you, things you went through in highschool, issues in your family. Imagine working so hard despite those things, and you wind up working a corporate position for the second largest department store in the US. The things you do in your job have actual impact and you can observe that impact with tangible numbers. Any influence you have effects the world around you. Imagine being totally empowered to run this business different, and better than anyone else ever has. The opportunity to be a true positive influence in their communities, and changing the lives of billions (guests and TMS) of people.

Imagine all that.........and just not doing any of it....and instead making a bunch of quick fixes to appease a few investors.

I get embarrassed having to apologize to guests for corporate on a daily basis.

I understand the need to change and adapt to a changing market. But I can't adapt to a bunch on cuts that give the illusion of profit.

Dear corporate, if you are going to have electronics TMs busy activating phones all day, you might want to train the TMs in adjacent workcenters about electronics products and pay them accordingly because they are the ones helping all the other guests. As of now, nope I can't tell the guest the difference between this speaker and that one. Frankly, I really don't want to. I'm not trained to know or paid to know and you have the electronics guys spending their days activating phones for octogenerians. I have my own work to do and my own guests to help. I can sell the crap out of your Our Generation doll accessories. "Yes, they do all fit the American Girl dolls. Really, we get this stuff for my nieces' American Girl dolls. Everything fits and they love it. So much more affordable. They really like this one. *points to clothing* They really want the beach house. I think Grandma is going to get it for them this year, but it's so popular we can't keep it in stock." TVs? Yeah, I really don't know. Sorry.

pOtLdX6.jpg

Dear corportate,
I don't work for you anymore and its your loss. You are bleeding talent right and left. Trying to reinvent your business plan while systematically easing long time team member out the door is turning your stores into the red walmart. You need team leads and team members who have been through change before to bring the team along. Take off the blindfolds. Bring back truly unannounced visits. Stop in at 6pm on a Friday and see the lines extending into softness from the registers, see the ETL and TLS chowing down at TSC while the sales floor is drowning, see half a truck still sitting on the line and try to walk through the backroom without hiking boots to climb over the boxes that are stacked everywhere. Whoever the dumb ass group of people who came up with modernization and the rollout need to be on corrective action now and moved the hell out. You got greedy corporate. Your greatest asset was the talent you had. You thought it would be easy to just get rid of them. You thought it would be easy to pile the workload on the team that was left. You failed.You can remedy this. Bring back flow,plano and backroom. You NEED those teams. Let them come in early and get out early. Keep dedicated sales floor team members for each area. Teach them about the areas that they will be working in. Once you have that in place and its working, then add in price change.Once thats in place and working add in sales plans. Big change cannot be done successfully overnight. As I said the team is your greatest asset....ACT LIKE IT and TREAT THEM LIKE IT

Dear corportate,
I don't work for you anymore and its your loss. You are bleeding talent right and left. Trying to reinvent your business plan while systematically easing long time team member out the door is turning your stores into the red walmart. You need team leads and team members who have been through change before to bring the team along. Take off the blindfolds. Bring back truly unannounced visits. Stop in at 6pm on a Friday and see the lines extending into softness from the registers, see the ETL and TLS chowing down at TSC while the sales floor is drowning, see half a truck still sitting on the line and try to walk through the backroom without hiking boots to climb over the boxes that are stacked everywhere. Whoever the dumb ass group of people who came up with modernization and the rollout need to be on corrective action now and moved the hell out. You got greedy corporate. Your greatest asset was the talent you had. You thought it would be easy to just get rid of them. You thought it would be easy to pile the workload on the team that was left. You failed.You can remedy this. Bring back flow,plano and backroom. You NEED those teams. Let them come in early and get out early. Keep dedicated sales floor team members for each area. Teach them about the areas that they will be working in. Once you have that in place and its working, then add in price change.Once thats in place and working add in sales plans. Big change cannot be done successfully overnight. As I said the team is your greatest asset....ACT LIKE IT and TREAT THEM LIKE IT
AMEN!

How much does your srtl makes? Because there is no way she is under 20$
She said she wasn't making a whole lot more than we were. They didn't bump up oldtimer pay. They only bumped everyone up to $12 that wasn't already making that. SrTLs tend to average around $19. It can be as low as $14. That's better than what softlines makes now, yeah. But for how long?

She said she wasn't making a whole lot more than we were. They didn't bump up oldtimer pay. They only bumped everyone up to $12 that wasn't already making that. SrTLs tend to average around $19. It can be as low as $14. That's better than what softlines makes now, yeah. But for how long?
Wait what? I started at 9$ as a softlines team memeber and when they promoted me they bumped me up to 16 and that was 4 years ago

Dear Corporate:
After 22 years, I too no longer work at Target, not by choice but by being forced out by an STL because he didn't like me. The stories I could tell about how I was treated and what was done to me to get rid of me would maybe surprise you, but then again maybe not.

But anyway. dearest Corporate, how about waiting until all the pieces of your glorious plans for stores are put in place and that the rollout order makes sense.
This whole end to end/modernization was rolled out backwards and half assed. How can you expect a store to be successful if the DC portion is not anywhere near
ready. You have stores struggling, team members feeling like failures and stressed out, shelves and racks empty and guests frustrated, all because you jumped the gun
and rolled out the store portion before the DC portion. There is always a progression in any new process.

Is this new, of course not. Time and time again we have seen new processes rolled out before all the parts were in place. We wonder if anyone at corporate has ever worked at the store level.

As a guest now, the shelves are bare at best, food is expired or spoiled but still on the shelf. Team members are busy stocking and from what I have observed, they move like snails...robot snails. I just walk on by and shake my head. Maybe one day you will wake up and figure out that if your team members are happy they are more productive and take ownership and pride in the job they do...seems like a major win to me.

To those of you still fighting the good fight at the stores, kudos to you. Personally I sometimes wish I was still working at my store, I miss my team. But then I smack myself and realize getting out when I did was the best decision I ever made. For now I will just visit every so often.

Dear corporate,

Please actually spend some time inside of a few Target stores to get a sense for how things really work before you decide to roll out a bunch of big changes. Also, not every store is in Minnesota so maybe give individual stores the ability to control the thermostat. I'm tired of sweating and I'm tired of listening to guests complain that they're sweating.

Dear corporate,

Please actually spend some time inside of a few Target stores to get a sense for how things really work before you decide to roll out a bunch of big changes. Also, not every store is in Minnesota so maybe give individual stores the ability to control the thermostat. I'm tired of sweating and I'm tired of listening to guests complain that they're sweating.

Oh my god THIS. I’m at a southern store. It’s hot and humid 80% of the year, and then we get to collectively groan when the heater turns on.

This past summer, I was going outside on all my breaks because it was less hot in the shade out there than inside. WTF.

Wait what? I started at 9$ as a softlines team memeber and when they promoted me they bumped me up to 16 and that was 4 years ago
It depends on the store, state, and district. Our state's cost of living is super low compared to the rest of the country, so our minimum wage is pretty low. So before the company was doing a company wide base pay, well...And on top of that, the city I live in, one of the lowest cost of living in the state, so lower raises when we don't get a base pay raise. And my store is a shit show and everyone gets the same raise whether they are "exceptional" or completely awful.
When I started 4 years ago as flow, I was only making 8.50 (which was higher than salesfloor then).

Dear corporate,

Yeah, this is my store in the summer 😰 we get a lot hotter than Minnesota, apparently. Even though I'm also in the Midwest.

Dear corporate,
Please have a security guard posted at toys to intimidate kids and adults alike to stop ruining the shelves after they’ve just been zoned. It’s so hard to work in toys when there are so many guests with baby carriages blocking the aisles and letting their kids run a muck. I even had one guest (a teenager) see me zoning and he purposely walked by and knocked over the very items I had just zoned!! I was so angry. This is why we need security in toys to intimidate these kinds of people hopefully it will clear out a lot of guests getting in my way too

Back