Corporate Dear Corporate...

We had massive problems with the temp at our store this summer, like 98 degrees next to the stock room 85 by checkout. I kept pouring rivers of sweat outta my gloves. I told our guests to complain. Call corporate. I saw the pml hunting for temp sensors 2 days later, 4 days later the store was muuuch cooler "corporates actually watching our store temps now die to over whelming complaints the store should now be much cooler"... and what would you know 9pm and im slightly shivering since the store was dead for 2 hours.

this is what is supposed to happen

The only time this sometimes happens in our store is when the mask person takes their 15. Our cart person doesn't hand people their carts either. He/She just sort of lines them up separated and the mask person greets and answers (over and over) "yes, those are clean." For the mask person's 30 someone takes over for them. Our store still has the roaming cleaner and they've never pulled the cart cleaner or the roaming person for any reason.

It seems like they follow the corporate guidelines to a "T" at my store, though I don't personally know what they are. The managers just do not bend at ALL when it comes to carts, roaming cleaner or mask duty.

The only time this sometimes happens in our store is when the mask person takes their 15. Our cart person doesn't hand people their carts either. He/She just sort of lines them up separated and the mask person greets and answers (over and over) "yes, those are clean." For the mask person's 30 someone takes over for them. Our store still has the roaming cleaner and they've never pulled the cart cleaner or the roaming person for any reason.

It seems like they follow the corporate guidelines to a "T" at my store, though I don't personally know what they are. The managers just do not bend at ALL when it comes to carts, roaming cleaner or mask duty.

I wish we still had the roaming cleaner, we haven't for at least 3 weeks

I have to answer that dumb question constantly. They took our sign saying these were clean but it didn't make a difference because no one read it anyway!

Last edited:
Dear Corporate,
Please for the love of god stop the rollout of MyDay and revert backstocking to MyWork until you can fix the fact that a) there are no fillgroups listed in myDay, b) you can't take & backstock without having to go back and forth and back and forth and c) you can't backstock from the item info screens. and d) the app stops crashing repeatedly during pulls and pretty much everything else and e) you improve the speed of the app, because when it crashes as I'm pulling something and I have to go out and back into the fill I have to wait the minute or so for the fill data to load and so on and it takes. for. fucking. ever. MyDay is so much slower than MyWork, for everything except changing floor quantities and capacities.

ETA: And also, while it might sound great to have everything in one app, it often fails to recognize that we do multiple functions and often need to access different functions at the same time, and having to back, back, back, then click click then back back back to do what we need to do, vs just toggling back & forth between apps is hugely time consuming (looking directly at the Price Change integration here). Seriously, I know that no software development project ever involves people who actually fucking use the software, but if Target could blaze some trails here and actually work with the TMs on how they do their work, that would be pretty amazing.

Fill groups are going away? Not in our backroom. How do you know where to put stuff if you're new? Or if you have an item that could go in one of two fillgroups but you don't happen to remember which one it should go with?

Fill groups are going away? Not in our backroom. How do you know where to put stuff if you're new? Or if you have an item that could go in one of two fillgroups but you don't happen to remember which one it should go with?

It's true. Fillgroups will become obsolete because DPCIs are also going away. Items are supposed to be grouped by the aisle(s) they are in on the salesfloor. DPCI will be replaced with the TCIN used on .com.

exactly, I had 5 JoJo Siwa Journals appear in my reshop the other day in toys...I had never seen it before...I'm like...is it toys? is it office? is it girls? I scanned with MyDay....nothing...so I'm like....eh? At least I was able to still check with MyWork which listed OFCE. ;) What would I do if that goes away? Seems inefficient. And it's not only an issue if "you" are new....its for other tm's from other dept's (and as guest serv tm's) sorting reshop into wrong bins...if it could be one of several fill groups...Having the fill group designation is a good clue. Also, having the dashes in a dpci is easier to read over a random sting of non-delineated numbers like the tcin....hmmmm.

Also...dpcs....I know the first 3 digits of my toy items....but are tcin's grouped by number in any way? I checked vitamins...2 different items by the same brand...2 totally unrelated tcins...

Last edited:
exactly, I had 5 JoJo Siwa Journals appear in my reshop the other day in toys...I had never seen it before...I'm like...is it toys? is it office? is it girls? I scanned with MyDay....nothing...so I'm like....eh? At least I was able to still check with MyWork which listed OFCE. ;) What would I do if that goes away? Seems inefficient. And it's not only an issue if "you" are new....its for other tm's from other dept's (and as guest serv tm's) sorting reshop into wrong bins...if it could be one of several fill groups...Having the fill group designation is a good clue. Also, having the dashes in a dpci is easier to read over a random sting of non-delineated numbers like the tcin....hmmmm.

Also...DPCIs....I know the first 3 digits of my toy items....but are tcin's grouped by number in any way? I checked vitamins...2 different items by the same brand...2 totally unrelated tcins...

THIS. ALL.OF.THIS

: waves hands :

Check the salesfloor location. Put it in the appropriate backroom location if the floor is full. But, well, JoJo Siwa journals go in stationary. They aren't toys, so they wouldn't go there. They aren't clothing, accessories, or MtM crap so they wouldn't be in style. They're journals. They go in stationary. Perhaps seasonal if they're BTS items, but that just means they should be flexed out in stationary or wherever else your store is putting that shit at this point.

It's not hard and ordering the backroom by fillgroup is less efficient for pulls and fulfillment.

Check the salesfloor location. Put it in the appropriate backroom location if the floor is full. But, well, JoJo Siwa journals go in stationary. They aren't toys, so they wouldn't go there. They aren't clothing, accessories, or MtM crap so they wouldn't be in style. They're journals. They go in stationary. Perhaps seasonal if they're BTS items, but that just means they should be flexed out in stationary or wherever else your store is putting that shit at this point.

It's not hard and ordering the backroom by fillgroup is less efficient for pulls and fulfillment.
Near the end of my time, there were journals and stationery in the girls' section. Just like there was eyeshadow and blush in RTW, and razors and shaving cream in men's. So it is logical that JoJo journals could belong in girls.

Near the end of my time, there were journals and stationery in the girls' section. Just like there was eyeshadow and blush in RTW, and razors and shaving cream in men's. So it is logical that JoJo journals could belong in girls.

Those would have been More than Magic journals and stationary in girls. They perhaps should have been in stationary, but someone in your store just saw the MtM tag and put them in girls. But, there were a few MtM journals slotted for girls when MtM was new. I don't think there are any right now at my store.

Not everyone knows department numbers and product won't show an aisle unless it's tied in. It's even harder to explain to newbies which ties are which, since things can be inline in home, but also on a domestics endcap. Whose backstock does that go in? Or when plastics go on a home endcap, but those areas are owned by two different TMs and TLs. Who owns the fill/backstock?

Fillgroups serve a purpose. They could have been improved instead of removed, especially by allowing stores to make their own. I really shouldn't have to explain why being able to group product spanning multiple aisles under a specific category is a good thing.

I see people talk about efficiency, but the company as a whole has worse overall metrics in regards to logistics than it did 3-4 years ago.

Last edited:
They aren't toys, so they wouldn't go there. They aren't clothing, accessories, or MtM crap so they wouldn't be in style.

There are sometimes journal or journal-like things in the kids books section, and there are currently a few journal and journal-like things along with other similar items in girls (and, yes, with a POG so they're supposed to be there), as well as a bunch of JoJo toys, so you really can't always assume fill group from the type of item. And if you're new? Close to zerio.

That's great that we're going to be reorganizing our back room around aisles, no problem with that, but fill groups still exist NOW. DPCIs exist NOW. Our backroom is organized by fillgroup NOW. Which means the fucking apps we're required to use NOW should reflect what they need NOW, not a year from now. If fillgroups were in the app, and then removed, that sounds like something that shouldn't be too hard to put back until all stores are on the new system, then they can toggle it off.

Not everyone knows department numbers and product won't show an aisle unless it's tied in. It's even harder to explain to newbies which ties are which, since things can be inline in home, but also on a domestics endcap. Whose backstock does that go in? Or when plastics go on a home endcap, but those areas are owned by two different TMs and TLs. Who owns the fill/backstock?

Fillgroups serve a purpose. They could have been improved instead of removed, especially by allowing stores to make their own. I really shouldn't have to explain why being able to group product spanning multiple aisles under a specific category is a good thing.

I see people talk about efficiency, but the company as a whole has worse overall metrics in regards to logistics than it did 3-4 years ago.
Just sto everything in the freezer and watch who has to pull it

I have seen movies put on Toys endcaps. Also backpacks, books, shirts, etc. -- all in TOYS.

Also, not everything has a sales floor location....

Like I said in another post --
Because people are dumb. Department numbers give you a "hint" as to where the item is supposed to be -- 003 Chem, 049 HBO1 (IIRC)

so, all the Method Hand Soap is going to get mixed up (more than it is now) once DPCIs go away.
or Baby Meds - some in Baby, some in OTC

- Signed SFS picker that has to check both places because people suck at reshop

Last edited:
I have seen movies put on Toys endcaps. Also backpacks, shirts, etc.

Also, not everything has a sales floor location....

Not on POG items should be backstocked if they are transition. Otherwise they should be salvaged out or put in an appropriate location and store tied.

Not on POG items should be backstocked if they are transition. Otherwise they should be salvaged out or put in an appropriate location and store tied.

If there's no more DPCIs or fill groups -- how do you know the correct location????

I have been getting items so early, that there is no POG information associated with the items.

Not to mention amplified gifting.... could even have Grocery items in Style or Home Decor type items in Style.

If there's no more DPCIs or fill groups -- how do you know the correct location????
Exactly. When a men's Mario Bros graphic tee comes off the truck, how is anyone supposed to know if it goes with men's graphic tees or in electronics?

Back