Archived Is Guest Services driving you insane at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By that I mean with their constant and incessant calls, rude or condescending tone of voice, stupid questions, and general acts of sheer laziness....

Not all of them are bad at my store, there’s a few GS TMs and one GSTL I do love.
The rest of them are a nightmare.

Anyone else experience the same?

In before the GStms here get triggered

We have 2 I don't really care for, one who constantly looks like she's having the worst day, and a super annoying one.

The GSTL and GSAs are pretty cool in my book

By that I mean with their constant and incessant calls, rude or condescending tone of voice, stupid questions, and general acts of sheer laziness....

Not all of them are bad at my store, there’s a few GS TMs and one GSTL I do love.
The rest of them are a nightmare.

Anyone else experience the same?
Let us not open a can of worms. Maybe the person at GS is new and are not well trained, hence the questions. There are people in every department that we love and we don't love. Don't get me started on a list of things that I have to deal with that others should be taking care of... For example, why would the person answering the phone transfer a call to GS to see if an item is in stock? Why is an item not in its location when I go to get a flexi? Please stop leaving your signage, fixtures, trash, and defectives for me to deal with. I stop here.

Perhaps the OP isn't up to speed with his tasks?

The issue is, spot wants all tm to be global at 12.00 an hour. Some folks don’t understand the store goals to meet that level. Spot hq is lost on that fact too. But my store tries to help everyone.

For the most part, the people who are dedicated GS TMs are pretty cool at my store. It's the people who cover for them during breaks who annoy the hell out of me. They have no clue what they're doing.
the issue is based on how our pay works, target assumes all cashiers should be GS trained. this is a mistake. and the thing about guest service is the stakes are high if you mess up (fraud getting through, guest complaining to manager)

the issue is based on how our pay works, target assumes all cashiers should be GS trained. this is a mistake. and the thing about guest service is the stakes are high if you mess up (fraud getting through, guest complaining to manager)

I think cashiers should be able to do simple return (receipt or card lookup), and process an OPU. They’re not that difficult and make up the majority of GS. Granted, there are cashiers who can’t right now, but I’m sure that will change given the payrate hike and the push for accountability. It’s all about pushing out the dead weight and retaining performers.

I think cashiers should be able to do simple return (receipt or card lookup), and process an OPU. They’re not that difficult and make up the majority of GS. Granted, there are cashiers who can’t right now, but I’m sure that will change given the payrate hike and the push for accountability. It’s all about pushing out the dead weight and retaining performers.
Here’s the thing though. Learning the POS functions for GS isnt too hard. But a HUGE part of GS is stopping scams and fraud. That’s what I don’t trust all cashiers to be able to do.

I think that every department has people like that. Guest Service, at my store, is where everyone dumps their problems and their extra work. So I know that after calling SOFTLINES FOR THEIR FUCKING RESHOP FIVE TIMES, I’m gonna start to take on a different tone.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

At my store softlines is good but if you want market to come you might as well give up then and there

Here’s the thing though. Learning the POS functions for GS isnt too hard. But a HUGE part of GS is stopping scams and fraud. That’s what I don’t trust all cashiers to be able to do.

I get that and again-pointing to the soon to be minimum wage at Target- corporate expects us to have cashiers we can trust to be able to do that.

I'm just annoyed that ours keep telling guests on-hand counts when the guest complains that a salesfloor TM told them we were out of something. "Oh, it says we have 2..." They also keep closing the defect cart over an hour before we close, which means we can't bring any defects up that we find after that.

I'm just annoyed that ours keep telling guests on-hand counts when the guest complains that a salesfloor TM told them we were out of something. "Oh, it says we have 2..." They also keep closing the defect cart over an hour before we close, which means we can't bring any defects up that we find after that.

if the on hands are low or it’s a hot item, I won’t bother telling the guest we DEFINITEY have it. I’d just be like “if we did have it, you could find it in aisle D69

also unless your store is weird it is totally possible to close the defectives cart and then continue to process defectives, they would just be considered part of the next day’s salvage. we close our carts around 7:30-8 but don’t close until 10/11

A big requirement for working GS is being able to multi-task and have common sense. Those that cannot do this should not be there.

Thing is you never know when someone is making a return if it is simple.

This is an issue in your store. Maybe the person at GS needs to learn that onhand does not mean we have it. As far as closing up the defects box, we close ours about 2 hours before we close. I always start another box in case there are defects that are added after closing the box.

if the on hands are low or it’s a hot item, I won’t bother telling the guest we DEFINITEY have it. I’d just be like “if we did have it, you could find it in aisle D69

also unless your store is weird it is totally possible to close the defectives cart and then continue to process defectives, they would just be considered part of the next day’s salvage. we close our carts around 7:30-8 but don’t close until 10/11
Same here. We generally close all the boxes between 8/9. This doesn't mean we haven't already closed up salvage earlier in the day in case the box was full. I just start another box so they can add to it.

Thing is you never know when someone is making a return if it is simple.
Exactly. Everyone would claim to have a simple return or assume they do. I can’t imagine dealing with all the “Why can she return here, but I have to go over there” complaints or a lot of target.com returns start out as simple, but then everything decides to go out of whack. Probably easier for reshop purposes as well. The cashiers bins up fill up fast enough without taking items back.

Also, catching scammers and fraud is the biggest thing at G.S. and you know some of those guys would target cashiers and many cashiers would just go along with it. We just had some ladies sweet talk a pretty longtime cashier into accepting a bunch of fake high value coupons. Not to say I can never be fooled, but I do not trust most of our cashiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back