Archived Is your department comping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specifically to Beauty, electronics, food, and A&A, are you comping (doing more in sales this year than last) or not? If so by what percent? I am trying to gage how well my store is doing with all of the new selling techniques.

Toys & electronics are doing 3% up over last year. My part timers are great with Gs & a strong mindset on team goals.

Reactions: Him
Specifically to Beauty, electronics, food, and A&A, are you comping (doing more in sales this year than last) or not? If so by what percent? I am trying to gage how well my store is doing with all of the new selling techniques.

I'd suggest having your ETL show you how to read your business reports in depth. If you're looking for true comparables, it will show your Group results; so you can see where your store/department ranks amongst your own Group (my store has 70 stores in it's Group). Ask your ETL which stores in your Group are similar in volume, sq footage, and demographics to really gauge your competition. You can also see where you are MTD comp and YTD comp. Lots of different variables and ways to look at your numbers.
So, when I say my A&A dept is comping at 22% MTD and 7% YTD..... that is of no real value to you, comparatively speaking.

I am trying to gage how well my store is doing with all of the new selling techniques.

every department in my store is comping hugely, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that TMs pushing sales is a minimal % of it. What's actually happening is that guests have more spending money and are choosing to spend it at Target because they feel like it and they like shopping at Target. The economy is up and unemployment is low, that's practically all of the story right there.

I'd suggest having your ETL show you how to read your business reports in depth. If you're looking for true comparables, it will show your Group results; so you can see where your store/department ranks amongst your own Group (my store has 70 stores in it's Group). Ask your ETL which stores in your Group are similar in volume, sq footage, and demographics to really gauge your competition. You can also see where you are MTD comp and YTD comp. Lots of different variables and ways to look at your numbers.
So, when I say my A&A dept is comping at 22% MTD and 7% YTD..... that is of no real value to you, comparatively speaking.
That's a good point, I know it wouldn't be exact but I was just curious if people are comping 10% or less or if it was huge number differences. All of my store departments are sub 5% except market which is at 30% so I wondered what caused that huge increase in market over the other areas.

every department in my store is comping hugely, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that TMs pushing sales is a minimal % of it. What's actually happening is that guests have more spending money and are choosing to spend it at Target because they feel like it and they like shopping at Target. The economy is up and unemployment is low, that's practically all of the story right there.
I also think the economy is the reason for the increase in sales more than the new improvements.

Given the current state of my store I have to agree our comp increase is only the economy. Now when they roll out that app to track individual comp (like thats gonna be legit at all) then there is a slim possibility of seeing how this new rollout is actually affecting (or effecting I can jever get those right) the actual sales of the store. If you smiled, greeted a guest, and helped them in any type of way consider thag a sale and keep pushing that freight.

Around 3% overall in electronics, although we've had a store nearby close recently and we're picking up a lot of guests from there.

Interestingly, we're down in TVs quite a bit. Our wall looks good and our instocks are the best I've seen them in my 11 year tenure with spot. I guess we gotta work on our selling shtick.

Not sure why but when I logged in to reply to this thread, I was sent to an old thread I received alerts from and ended up posting there... so here is a repost. -_-

We are probably missing more days than hitting in electronics but overall we are making yearly comp. It isnt the fault of the team either, our truck is done in a couple hours, most of the stock in the backroom is out, outs are done. The 2 of us in the mornings could run the dept by ourselves but even together we can't pull sales out of thin air.

After our 3 month remodel including 2 of them in my coolers and me literally drinking my stress away, my food and beverage is back to comping up YTD.

How do you view this off of workbench?

How do you view this off of workbench?

On WorkBench, toward bottom left is MyPerformance. Once, there (and there's a lot of info, including a heatmap..... it takes a little time to load) you can click on Sales Detail Merch. The initial screen will probably be for Yesterday's business $$. But you can chose any tab on the upper right, WTD, Week, MTD, Month, or YTD. You can find your department.... example HOME; click on it, you'll see it broken down into Domestics, Dec Home, Furniture, etc. You can break that down even further, like sheets or pillows, etc. As long as the text is in "blue", you can drill down further for your business $$.
You can see actual Sales, or your Comp figures; you can also see where you rank w/ your Group and/or the Company. Also, look at your Store Mix to know how influential your department can be in your whole store.

Hope this is helpful !!! Pretty sure the Zebra can provide this same info; but the PC is easier to read. :rolleyes:

On the zebra you can look at sales figures on the mpm 2.0 app, I don't believe it ranks to other stores, but you can check a lot of the information like sales mix, comp percent, etc
You can actually see how you compare to other stores so you can tell if you're overall best in your district etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back