Archived Modernization Routine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I feel like we are twinsies! You are my counterpart. I too only have TM's scheduled 4 hours and 1 of them helps with the unload of the truck then transitions to their dedicated area but can't get 100% done before the end of their shift. None of them has set any sales planners yet. I still do it or have one of my transitions TM's do it if they get done early with the task I assigned them for the day. 4 fricking hours is realistically not enough time to do what they expect them to accomplish each shift. I would like to see my ETL's or even higher ups come walk the walk not just talk the talk. 🙄

Dude. Read. I just wrote that I don't just open a case pack, take the one item I need, and put the rest back. If I open a case pack, the rest of the items are getting backstocked in open stock locations. Period. Those exact locations, however, might be messy because I don't have the time to pull other things out of wacos, backstock them elsewhere, and then backstock what I just grabbed. But, I DON'T JUST SHOVE THINGS BACK INTO CLOSED STOCK LOCATIONS. THEY GO INTO OPEN STOCK AS THEY SHOULD BE.
My OPU team takes case pack to the floor and works it out which usually means less to backstock. What they do backstock they use sto logic and backstock it so the wacos are brand. Your INF is great and yeah filling the order drives sales but it kinda comes off as you're saying what you do is more valued than what another team member does.

Part of the new process at my store is for TMs to lean on other TMs for any help or questions instead of calling a leader. I found out however that apparently one of our strongest TMs that's been at Spot for years was told to stop helping others or there will be coaching. If our leader doesn't want TMs going to the same person over and over again, maybe they should tell us to not always go to this TM. I could imagine that conversation with HR if this TM gets coached. "Hey so our leader said not to ask any leaders for help and instead ask fellow TMs. Why am I getting coached for helping TMs and doing what the leaders said?"

Part of the new process at my store is for TMs to lean on other TMs for any help or questions instead of calling a leader. I found out however that apparently one of our strongest TMs that's been at Spot for years was told to stop helping others or there will be coaching. If our leader doesn't want TMs going to the same person over and over again, maybe they should tell us to not always go to this TM. I could imagine that conversation with HR if this TM gets coached. "Hey so our leader said not to ask any leaders for help and instead ask fellow TMs. Why am I getting coached for helping TMs and doing what the leaders said?"

I don't get not being able to go to TLs with questions. That's what they are there for. They are supposed to teach you about the new process, but since it's obviously not possible for them to teach you everything that might come up beforehand or for you to remember something you were told that doesn't come up for awhile, you need to be able to go to them later with questions.

If someone is always asking the same question over and over again, I get it. But, I can't imagine my TLs doing this. Asking questions to make sure things are done right is better than not asking and doing things wrong.

So when we are pulling autos, do we pull the adhoc one, fillgroup one, or both? I saw the adhoc in the move app so I pulled those. However my ETL asked since he still saw it in there. I looked again and the fillgroup batch is still there but it has over 150 eaches

Also, if a pull doesn't get completed does it carryover to the following day or does it disappear?

Autofill or POG batch? Autofill batches for us have to be pulled before noon. If it's a pog batch sometimes it carries over the next day with an asterisk next to it. The system will absorb any SPL or POG batch left into the afternoon CAF's or the auto fills the next morning.

Wow! I feel like we are twinsies! You are my counterpart. I too only have TM's scheduled 4 hours and 1 of them helps with the unload of the truck then transitions to their dedicated area but can't get 100% done before the end of their shift. None of them has set any sales planners yet. I still do it or have one of my transitions TM's do it if they get done early with the task I assigned them for the day. 4 fricking hours is realistically not enough time to do what they expect them to accomplish each shift. I would like to see my ETL's or even higher ups come walk the walk not just talk the talk. 🙄
Wow we are twins one of my experts also unloads the truck. So his 4 hours is cut to two and yet they still want everything done. Go backs, zone, pulls, audits, salesplanners, rev, price change, and let's not forget manuals three times a week. Good Lord, and our DM thinks they don't have enough to do.

Does anyone on here know if the PIPO Paper Pallets are included in the hours designated to push? For example in Greenfield for the trailer summary it lists the casepacks for Bulk Paper and how long it should take for a TM to push. My higher ups think or assume the PIPO pallet is included but today I actually counted the casepacks and it was correct soooo if anyone can tell me where I can find this information for the bulk pallets I would be very grateful. I feel like my team member and I are being shortchanged hours and yet challenged to get it all done in 3 hours.

I agree with pogdog. If you are only getting 4 hours it becomes almost impossible to get to everything you may need to do. I start by checking the amount of freight for the day but then am required to do an hour zone but I will do my autofills as I zone and try to audit some. Then I am in the twilight zone, it all depends on the freight, mid-sized to large trucks will take the rest of the time. Even with small trucks it becomes difficult to get into salesplanners,resets,pricing before time expires. I don't know if a magician could pull this off. Let's not forget about guests either !

Is there a report which can be pulled to find discontinued items? I am a new TM..started with Target in Sept last year. My area is stationary and I am seeing some out of date planners in the Waco's. I would like to get all the old stock cleared out. Also after those are pulled should I Defect or put on Clearance end cap?

Is there a report which can be pulled to find discontinued items? I am a new TM..started with Target in Sept last year. My area is stationary and I am seeing some out of date planners in the Waco's. I would like to get all the old stock cleared out. Also after those are pulled should I Defect or put on Clearance end cap?

Defect. They won't sell.

BTW - Discontinued items are NOT clearance.

@Ceeyaaa
I found two planners yesterday that are discontinued. Found then thrown in with the others but they have no salesfloor location. Any idea what should be done with these? Also, the barcode has been ripped off one of them. I considered printing a rewrap ticket for both but it would've been too much effort to get a leader to open the equipment room just to print 2 rewrap stickers

They don’t want us to ask TLs for help? Hey Corporate Overlords—want to say more money? Just get rid of the Team Leads entirely.

Controversial Opinion, I know.

At this point, it’s not entirely crazy considering TMs now have to do TL level work for minimum pay.

Does anyone on here know if the PIPO Paper Pallets are included in the hours designated to push? For example in Greenfield for the trailer summary it lists the casepacks for Bulk Paper and how long it should take for a TM to push. My higher ups think or assume the PIPO pallet is included but today I actually counted the casepacks and it was correct soooo if anyone can tell me where I can find this information for the bulk pallets I would be very grateful. I feel like my team member and I are being shortchanged hours and yet challenged to get it all done in 3 hours.
The PIPOs definitely used to be apart of the custom block for that area. If paper is 30, and aisles G30-G33, anything that comes up in that area should be counted as 1 casepack/pipo for that custom block. With the switch to greenfield, I believe they do something different. At the bottom of the custom block print out, they list custom block unknown, non-conveyable, repacks, and they might have PIPOs included down there. I can't fully remember, but it's possible. Either way, a pipo pallet of all the same paper towels is considered one case pack. It really just comes down to what the custom block is on the actual pick label.

The PIPOs definitely used to be apart of the custom block for that area. If paper is 30, and aisles G30-G33, anything that comes up in that area should be counted as 1 casepack/pipo for that custom block. With the switch to greenfield, I believe they do something different. At the bottom of the custom block print out, they list custom block unknown, non-conveyable, repacks, and they might have PIPOs included down there. I can't fully remember, but it's possible. Either way, a pipo pallet of all the same paper towels is considered one case pack. It really just comes down to what the custom block is on the actual pick label.
How do I access truck info on Greenfield? I tried looking the other day but I have no idea where to look on there for anything

I dont think they are I've been doing some deep diving into the truck and the pipo is listed on a separate card. With all the bulk like repacks you need to add that separately. I believe

They don’t want us to ask TLs for help? Hey Corporate Overlords—want to say more money? Just get rid of the Team Leads entirely.

Controversial Opinion, I know.
Wow what store are you from where I come from you can go to any team lead/leader at our store.

I dont think they are I've been doing some deep diving into the truck and the pipo is listed on a separate card. With all the bulk like repacks you need to add that separately. I believe
This is what I thought as well! My DBO for paper is under scrutiny for not getting completed in the 3 hours that they are scheduled. They don't take into account that person's 15 min break or the 20 min huddles. I'm being shortchanged hours! 🤬

Wow what store are you from where I come from you can go to any team lead/leader at our store.
It's a struggle sometimes. When our softlines breakout area was beyond full halfway through the truck, I asked my TL where he wants all the boxes. I was told to figure it out.
When all my vehicles were full from the same truck as above and we still had 1/4 of the truck with no empty vehicles, I was told again to figure it out. My "figure it out" for this was to stack the u-boat higher and flex everything over to one u-boat that had an empty shelf. I asked for help and did what you told me to do so you can't be mad at me

It's a struggle sometimes. When our softlines breakout area was beyond full halfway through the truck, I asked my TL where he wants all the boxes. I was told to figure it out.
When all my vehicles were full from the same truck as above and we still had 1/4 of the truck with no empty vehicles, I was told again to figure it out. My "figure it out" for this was to stack the u-boat higher and flex everything over to one u-boat that had an empty shelf. I asked for help and did what you told me to do so you can't be mad at me
I think it's company wide for the ETL's to say "Figure it Out!"

Wow it shouldn't be like that. I'm truly sorry for you and your store.

This is what I thought as well! My DBO for paper is under scrutiny for not getting completed in the 3 hours that they are scheduled. They don't take into account that person's 15 min break or the 20 min huddles. I'm being shortchanged hours! 🤬
You know if there scheduled 3 hours they don't get a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back