Archived MySize Elsa/Anna doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I get one more phone call about the Elsa I'm going to scream. I must have got 10 call today about them.

I was planning to buy Elsa and Anna for my sister, but after seeing them up close I was like "I don't know now." The my size dolls don't really look like Elsa or Anna, but meh I guess kids are easier to deceive.

I read this board daily, but never felt compelled to post...until now. This whole My Size Elsa/Anna shortage is crap and is really making Target in general, as well as the staff in my store look terrible. Here are the awful details....

1) Target knew this would be a popular item. Afterall, it was them who made sure it was Exclusive and on the Top Toys. But, Target has failed miserably at keeping this toy stocked, and online inventory accurate, which leads me to...

2) Irate customers that see my store as having available stock online, only to be disappointed when they come into the store. I mean, why don't we have any inventory? It's clearly stated....

3) In our AD for the week (complete with a Frozen coupon). But, my store has not seen a shipment of Elsa or Anna dolls since November 8th. I can tell that 6 of each are on their way from distribution, but that number has not updated in 4 days, and none have come on our trucks. So, now the information my team is relaying regarding....

4) Inventory shipments are wrong. And our store is not giving a clear message on what the right message should be. I have personally heard different staff from toys say "We have them" because our inventory incorrectly states we have them. I have heard staff tell customers they "must be buried on a pallet in back, but we don't have time to go find them right now." I even heard one of our managers tell a customer that we get them nightly and they should arrive at 8AM because they sell out in minutes. All of these are blatantly false...

5) Because we don't currently have them. They aren't buried on some pallet in the back; but if they were, don't you think that is your job to make sure a customer gets what they need? We don't get them nightly, or even at each truck which means there is NOTHING to sell out in minutes.

It just seems shocking to me that this product availability could be botched so badly, and we are still 10 days from Black Friday. With the buzz these dolls have already created, there will be mayhem in the aisles come a week or two before X-mas. I sure hope some genius marketing or logistics employee has a card up their sleeve in order to meet demand, otherwise, this will turn out to be an inventory failure like I've never seen in my 6 years with Target.

Last edited:
why did they put elsa in this weeks AD, when we cannot keep them in stock. I guess so the guests come in and but something else. lol "Target Knows Best" sounds like a TV show.
Might be something where the weekly ads are put together and printed a little too in advance to adjust to the "oh shit we're out of this popular thing" and Target doesn't think its worth the time/money to throw together a new design with only a couple changes. I could be completely wrong here of course.

4) Inventory shipments are wrong. And our store is not giving a clear message on what the right message should be. I have personally heard different staff from toys say "We have them" because our inventory incorrectly states we have them. I have heard staff tell customers they "must be buried on a pallet in back, but we don't have time to go find them right now." I even heard one of our managers tell a customer that we get them nightly and they should arrive at 8AM because they sell out in minutes. All of these are blatantly false...

Have they never, ever worked an opening LOD shift or gone anywhere near the flow process? Do they think merchandise is brought in by Santa's elves, looking to keep busy in the off season? Do they get their jollies telling blatant lies? Because I am having trouble figuring out why they would say this.

I always go with...we are getting ---- trucks a week. We get them on such and such days. We have no way of knowing in advance if we will be getting said item. If you would like to come in after opening to see if we received any or you can call. However, these items tend to sell fast ( if this applies), so your best bet is to come in

I was so glad that at the huddle today, our ETL-AP specifically stated that the MySize Elsa and Anna dolls are not going to be in stock until the Frozen event.

I was so glad that at the huddle today, our ETL-AP specifically stated that the MySize Elsa and Anna dolls are not going to be in stock until the Frozen event.

Apparently we pulled them from the floor (or truck?) and are waiting until the frozen event to put them out? But our counts still have them listed so online says we have them in stock. I had a lady on the phone pissed because it says we have them online but we don't have any on the floor for sell. This frozen event is going to suck when the 3 we have sell out in .2 seconds and we have pissed guest the rest of the day.

Have they never, ever worked an opening LOD shift or gone anywhere near the flow process? Do they think merchandise is brought in by Santa's elves, looking to keep busy in the off season? Do they get their jollies telling blatant lies? Because I am having trouble figuring out why they would say this.[/QUOTE]

Really good questions that provoke me to roll my eyes when I read them. I have no f'ing clue why he said said this. However, I do know that he had been fielding that same questions over and over for 2 weeks. Why is one of your top Toys sold out and it is not even Black Friday yet? Your online inventory says you have them, but your shelves are empty, where are the dolls? Why would you run a week long AD that features the Elsa doll but not have any in stock they entire week?

Maybe he was just sick of it and telling customers whatever he could to get them out of his face? That said, just another example of how this inventory debacle is wearing down the staff and making us look awful.

Legit this was last night..

(Out of Elsa/Anna doll)
10:00pm - Truck arrives.
10:02-10:15pm - 3 Guests call asking if we have Elsa Anna Doll
10:02-10:20pm - We are out on the Sales Floor, yet have 2 of said Dolls somewhere on the truck
10:15-10:25pm - 2 Guests arrive and wait at Guest Services until said Dolls are found
10:30pm-???? - Sold out of Lifesize Elsa/Anna Dolls.

We had four women outside our store at 8:00. We all knew what they were there for, because they have been spotted at our store over the last week and asking about the dolls. They didn't even stop to ask if dolls were in stock, three of them just ran (literally) to the 3 spots we would typically have the dolls. The other waddled because she was kind of a fatty. Our inventory still shows we have them, but we don't. They were not happy. A couple of team members spent the next 20 minutes explaining the online inventory is wrong and that we did not receive anything overnight and that we don't know when we are getting more.

Hopefully y'all should be getting a bunch in the next few days or so. I personally auto-depal'ed about 50 pallets of them, which averages to about 20 casepacks per store, but if this is anything like Bakugan or Monster High of years' past, that might not mean much of anything...

Elsa singing "Let It Go" in 25 different languages. A good way for kids to learn a differnet language. Rossetta Stone look out it's "Elsa"

also my favorite "Let It Go" remix

Meanwhile on eBay:
pKxauOy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back