Archived MySize Elsa/Anna doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone tried to hide one yesterday lol. I saw it in person for the first time yesterday and mentioned it to the woman who had it in her cart. She said she'd found it upside down hidden behind something else.

A little disappointment never hurt any kid.
I wish more of my friends would embrace this at the holidays. Not that all of them have brats for kids, but still, just the simple fact it is ok not to get everything you "wish" for. It's a wish list, not a shopping list.

I promise, the kid will be ok.... I never got ANYTHING from my list, yet I never had a bad Christmas. I always got stuff I wanted and loved. My parents took time and thought into shopping. What I remember most is their shopping date nights in September! They enjoyed the giving experience, and finding stuff we didn't know we wanted.

I've translated that to my kids, I rarely even look at their lists. I've scaled back too, and while Santa is expected to arrive, he only fills stockings and brings a movie/game bucket. They remember that, and have to hunt for the red bucket each Christmas Eve. My friends are appalled, and say they wish the could do that, but can't stop what they started. I started the movie bucket the year I really didn't want the big guy getting credit for the good gift. The same year I technically went with 3 gifts: something you want, something you need and something to read.

I didn't realize a couple of years later it would serve me well as a single mom with no money!

This year, they know what they are getting already.... We've been enjoying time in the parks already. I have a few surprises, but not much.

The my size frozen stuff strikes me as a trophy gift for the parents belt. I'm guessing few kids will have the memories Sher has with hers.... Mainly because it is going to get lost with all the other stuff they had to have. At least the parents will have a story to tell right?

And have to explain to junior why they aren't allowed back into target!

Are parents bloody afraid of letting down their children or something
Apparently.

Which is sad.... I'm just amazed at the stress some have because they can't get everything on the list, or gasp, 2 days before the holiday (because I have Jewish friends that OD for Chanukah too) little Johnny added XYZ to his list and they don't have it. And can't get it.

Then I have a friend whose son marked 1 thing in the toy catalog, 2 in the brainy toy catalog, and asked for everything in the science toy catalog. She's struggling to say no! He got the toy for his birthday a couple of weeks ago and loves it. Bring on the microscope!

My parents were the same when it came to finding things we didn't know we'd love.
They'd give us at least one item off our wish list if it was reasonable but it got played with a LOT longer than all the toys I see given to my younger nieces & nephews these days.

Are there commercials for my size Elsa? I don't watch tv on tv so I'm wondering how many kids are actually pining for it. It's not like many of them saw it on target trips. No one has the doll in stock. How disappointed can they be? And while I loved my jumbo doll, I think a lot of people wouldn't have had that much fun with it anyway. I made clothes, well, mostly wrap dresses from giant scarves for her and did her hair. I'm pretty sure I learned to braid on her... And put rollers in.

My Christmas lists were always small. I was spoiled some years, buuut we (siblings) didn't get Christmas at all a few years because we didn't clean lol. I think seeing them open the perfect gifts is so fun that parents get carried away on the material stuff and they get all Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sinbad from Jingle All The Way. If you buy a million toys, though, you can guarantee 999,999 toys are going to go to waste.

Their kids are Veruca Salt. Have you seen those little monsters running around toys?

At my store, the toys department has more problem parents than problem children. The demon spawn don't let loose until mommy brings them to the front end.

Almost lost my s*** today.

Guest- "what do you mean you're out of the my size frozen dolls? What did you DO with them?"

Me- "I ate them. Have a blessed thanksgiving ma'am!" I pretend my walkie went off and faked responded and took off running away. I wanted to stab her....

Almost lost my s*** today.

Guest- "what do you mean you're out of the my size frozen dolls? What did you DO with them?"

Me- "I ate them. Have a blessed thanksgiving ma'am!" I pretend my walkie went off and faked responded and took off running away. I wanted to stab her....

Annnd if you really wanted to get in trouble you could say ...

"We've been pimping them out to little people as sex dolls."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back