Archived Pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was futzing around with Workbench and somehow I got a list of every pilot happening now. If I clicked on any it would prompt me to log in which just directed me to the Workbench main page. Most of these aren't really anything extravagant or anything we didn't know before.

Medication Therapy Management Pilot
Apple Shop
In-Store Music Pilot
Clinics Diabetes Screening
New Card Reader
PDX Classic Inventory Management
PDX EPS
Clinic Hearing Loss Screening Pilot
Baby 360
New POS Equipment
POS Ready 7
Organic Produce in Pfresh
Google Shopping Express
E & E Innovation Pilot
Baby Service Test
Gift Registry Reinvention - Mounted Kiosk/New Scanner
E&E Service Strategy
Clinic iPad Guest Registration
REDwire Pilot Page
TVS-Security Center Training & Video Lessons
AAR Reporting Enhancements in myPerformance
E&E Innovation Service Pilot
Winter 2014 PDA Service Pilot
Source to Fork Meat HQ Replenishment Test
A&A Guest Experience
DSD Gatorade Test
SuperTarget Source to Fork Rollout
Pharmacy Outreach Program
Ship From Store
GM Bananas and Apples Test
PDA 2014 Summer Software Release
Project Viper
Starbucks Remodel
Groveland Confections Bakery Test
Grocery Expiration Tactics (GET) Test
myDevice
Source to Fork Expanded Produce HQ Repleshiment Test
AdherenceMTM Pilot
TargetExpress

Stuff that they are testing in random stores. For example, my store is one that is going to get Baby 360 and the Baby Service Test. Looked it up and they are completely redoing the baby section complete with a virtual kiosk and in some stores, a desk and a Baby Service TM who will either work 30 or 50 hrs a week to help plan for the baby and give advice or something like that.

You can check your store's pilots by going logging on Workbench and at the top left under "Quick Links," click Pilot.

I'm curious about the Google shopping express.

Yes, Google shopping express is live in several stores(not just Target) in San Francisco. Google's testing a same-day delivery service. Obviously, it's only potentially viable in large cities, but we'll see how and if Google decides to expand it. It makes me wish I lived there to be honest.

My store does
  • PDX classic inventory management
  • PDX EPS
  • Tvs security center training and video lessons
  • Winter 2014 pda spftware release
  • Pharmacy outreach program
Meh.

I dont see this pilot listed, but theres a store in my district thats testing adhesive promotional signs that stick onto the shelf, like seen at many grocery stores, anyone else doing this? From what it sounds like its going well and could be rolling out soon.

Yeah mine is doing it too. It works great. I'll upload a pic later.

Didn't see the electronic price labels mentioned. Must be too small of a scope still to be considered a "pilot"

I don't know the names of the pilots, but at the RDC, they show us alot of stuff that is being tested/will be tested in the near future. Of those that I know of: Checkout using mobile devices/cartwheel, interactive in-store maps based on cartwheel, new transportation initiative that increases trailer efficiency and (probably) number of headaches for store-side recv/rl, RDC's acting as fulfillment centers, RDC's getting robotic picking system that would increase OB volumes by as much as 75%. Also have heard rumors of possibly doing store-to-home delivery, but this is still just rumor.

Ugh I would hate store to home delivery

My store has mentioned that one. Cause we are huge in flexible fulfillment orders. I can see ship from store going badly. Probably given no hours to pull stuff or pack it..

My old store had a Ink Refill pilot in photo lab. God that was hell lol.

They scrapped that one after about a year.

I did the ink refill at office max. Cool machine and fairly easy, but the ink was always runny and didn't last long. Probably due to lack of maintenance.

Yeah the machine itself is fairly easy, but only a few people in the whole store knew how to operate it... Me being one of them... Annoying when you're the GSA and you have to go throw on the Apron and fill an Ink Cartridge because you have a bitchy guest at Photo >_> lol

In Store Music needs to stay the hell away from my store. I like the quiet (when there aren't screaming children or phones dinging).

This. Lifescapes is bad enough!
There's nothing like hearing "meditation noise" while some child is crying to death. Serenity.

True. But to hear the same clips over and over when zoning stationery or folding towels is almost as torturous as the entertainment loop.

...when there's a kid standing there who insists on pushing every. single. button.
Over & over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back