Archived Project Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viper failed in my district. It worked at my store but not the district. It failed in 80% of the stores. We are going back to the old cafs. No more 1s and 3s. Now we have 12-5 cafs but backroom still has to push. So now there is 2 closers constantly!

Viper failed in my district. It worked at my store but not the district. It failed in 80% of the stores. We are going back to the old cafs. No more 1s and 3s. Now we have 12-5 cafs but backroom still has to push. So now there is 2 closers constantly!
I thought viper was combining salesfloor and Backroom? That sounds like you were doing pull segmentation.

I thought viper was combining salesfloor and Backroom? That sounds like you were doing pull segmentation.

I don't think they are going with VIPER from what I have heard. With our current scheduling software, allocating the hours to backroom to work and backstock the pulls as well makes much more sense. MyTime schedules the salesfloor off of sales/units, but the pull segmentation tests drop the pulls at different times than those peak hours. If Grocery has tons of sales on a Sunday from 11-4, that is when most of your salesfloor team should be scheduled. However, pull segmentation causes the pulls to be dropped, pulled, and worked from 4:30Pm-Whenever they get done. Your salesfloor has left by then if you follow MyTime exactly, and they choke on the amount of push getting done. VIPER also does not allow for a streamlined process to take place since its whenever the heck the TM decides to drop a batch.

Ideally, you can pull the entire replenishment workload out of the salesfloor and put it into backroom hours. The backroom schedule should then generate based on the forecasted batch sizes per hour. This would work well because its NOT based on guest traffic/when they are in the store... but when the batches for those sales WOULD drop. Your salesfloor can then be based on purely sales/unit in real time per area, and reflect just keeping up on service/zone/reshop for guests.

Heard something about a local store doing something like Viper but not exactly. Anyone hear of a new IS process incoming?

I heard from my STL that it was going back to a more old school style shoot everything like we used to.. October.. I could be wrong he could be full of crap but he did shoot his mouth off wanting 20,000 scans from us in a week.. Not with a MyDevice.. Pieces of crap..

I heard from my STL that it was going back to a more old school style shoot everything like we used to.. October.. I could be wrong he could be full of crap but he did shoot his mouth off wanting 20,000 scans from us in a week.. Not with a MyDevice.. Pieces of crap..

I've heard this alluded to as well but if you think about it Viper accomplishes that. When you think IS, you think mornings only, but there is no reason the Viper process can't be done in multiple shifts.

I feel like something is coming, maybe not Viper but at least Viper influenced.

Here's what I bet will happen. They bring back CAF Pull Segmentation, and segment it so it's every other hour (like 10,12,2pm) and then have back room team push the CAF's. If they did it that way, then back room could use the other hour in between pulls to back stock what didn't fit out from the last hour. This would leave Sales Floor free for returns, zoning & shooting outs, and guest service. So maybe the only thing Sales Floor would push are the outs/exf's they shot. Maybe they could put the Scheduled CAF's trigger down to ~~20% so the pulls weren't so giant. Seems like the overnight auto fills usually are what fills the floor anyway.

So I guess I'm with what Rock Lobster said, now that I read through that post..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back