Archived Project Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, now that we are in snap-back mode, how did Project Viper work out during this past holiday season for those stores piloting it?

Echoing this. I would especially like to hear how Viper worked out at a high volume store during the season.

Also I think Viper is coming to my store, everyone is being trained how to set sales planners, pull batches, and back stock (which could lead to some hilarious results).
Keep us posted, please!

When I was asked by corporate visitors, I told them training was the biggest opp. Are the TLs cross training as well?

nope, it seems just the TMs, which is funny, I would like to see a lot of the TLs be the CTL for a month and watch them squirm and know why I look at them in disbelief/sad puppy face when they take any help away that I get (I am a PA).

Echoing this. I would especially like to hear how Viper worked out at a high volume store during the season.

It was tough I aint gonna lie. However we were 1 of 2 stores in our district that were more profitable than last year so I guess that says something. We are a class c super and the other was an ultra low.

I realize c vol isn't considered high volume and I'm not sure what payroll looks like in high volume stores, I'm just saying that was considerably more difficult. We did have to adjust how we did things a bit. What we did was start our unload 2 hours earlier along with increasing our unload team to 7. Then we used the unloaders in a mini wave through the FEETS areas.

So...everyone pulls-pushes-backstocks their own department, but what about general back room tasks? For instance...who gets stuck setting the truck line? Usually the backroom closer does that, and everyone else avoids it like the plague because it's a time-consuming task. Not to mention, it's usually met with nitpicking from the overnight ETL about how it was done.

So...everyone pulls-pushes-backstocks their own department, but what about general back room tasks? For instance...who gets stuck setting the truck line? Usually the backroom closer does that, and everyone else avoids it like the plague because it's a time-consuming task. Not to mention, it's usually met with nitpicking from the overnight ETL about how it was done.

The closing LOD will do it since they are meant to help out around the store.

At my store, closing backroom doesn't do it because they are busy pushing the CAFs, pulling price changes, and backstocking (if time allows). Usually, one of the overnight leaders comes in early to set up the line.

But yeah, who would be responsible for audits, item merges, and all the other backroom things? Would pricing pull their own batches before they ticket them?

Would pricing pull their own batches before they ticket them?

As much as I would love this, it wouldn't fly at my store. Maybe one person who normally does price accuracy is trained on the crown/wave. Most weeks they would be fine without it, but then there are weeks where 5-6 pallets of paper towels need to come down.

bring it on, what is the hold up ??

I want Project Viper to come to my store, but never hear a thing on a store level.

It sounds like it, but very slowly. I haven't heard the term thrown around in my store, but I'm seeing more people doing tasks/shifts outside of their usual work centers. This week I had a softlines shift, next week I'm opening electronics. I've seen a couple hardlines TMs being trained how to pull items and make bales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back