MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

@Bullseyes i think roller shelves would be AMAZING in a lot of places. I used to want the. EVERWHERE until I met the black pusher:D:D:D. Not I just want them some places. Put they are LOVELY!!

So my signing gal, who has been with spot 25ish years provably 18 at least doing signing, is retiring in a few months. She will be training her replacement, but one thing I would like to do is revamp the signing area. As it is now, she knows where EVERYTHING is, but it takes my team a long time to try to sift through her mess, I mean stuff. So when we try to set anything, it's nearly impossible to find the boxes we need. I would love to organize this area so that it is more user friendly and make my process run more efficiently. Any ideas? How do you organize your signs? Your displays, your backer paper, etc. any pictures would be great also! Thanks in advance!

So my signing gal, who has been with spot 25ish years provably 18 at least doing signing, is retiring in a few months. She will be training her replacement, but one thing I would like to do is revamp the signing area. As it is now, she knows where EVERYTHING is, but it takes my team a long time to try to sift through her mess, I mean stuff. So when we try to set anything, it's nearly impossible to find the boxes we need. I would love to organize this area so that it is more user friendly and make my process run more efficiently. Any ideas? How do you organize your signs? Your displays, your backer paper, etc. any pictures would be great also! Thanks in advance!
Display process is changing this month, they will now be backstocked in the appropriate backroom group. So that's off your plate...

Display process is changing this month, they will now be backstocked in the appropriate backroom group. So that's off your plate...

Unless your backroom refuses to back stock them like mine does.

"Here is your pallet of displays Kitty"

"Please backstock them. That is the new process."

"There is no room to backstock this stuff."

"Sorry but that is the new process."

"Well what if they don't get pulled with the pog, then they shall be lost forever taking up room in the back."

"Here is the paper that explains the new process, please backstock them."

"What if...."

"Fine just give them to me".

Unless your backroom refuses to back stock them like mine does.

"Here is your pallet of displays Kitty"

"Please backstock them. That is the new process."

"There is no room to backstock this stuff."

"Sorry but that is the new process."

"Well what if they don't get pulled with the pog, then they shall be lost forever taking up room in the back."

"Here is the paper that explains the new process, please backstock them."

"What if...."

"Fine just give them to me".

That sounds like what happened in my store. Instead of backstocking them they are going to palletize them and put them in the steel.

That sounds like what happened in my store. Instead of backstocking them they are going to palletize them and put them in the steel.
I'm waiting to deal with the implementation this week. I've offered to make my bottom shelf a location, but after they've continued to disrespect me I've changed my mind. The policy clearly outlines the backstocking and that they are NOT to be given to me...

I love the idea of backstocking. I've always kept displays and fixtures in a central location even putting signs saying what is on the pallet. Guess what pog rarely came and got the stuff. The poor signing tm would have deal with.

I gave the option. We came up with prior to transition it's theirs, post it's mine. Seems like a fair deal :D. Now, that will strongly depend on how well flow can figure that out.....o_O

I have a question I have been very curious about.

I know that Signing (specifically the kits they come in) are able to be backstocked, I am just wondering if it pulls when the pog the signing belongs to is batched. (ei. just like a regular item). Remodel coming up and am not getting anytime to sort. So I figured that backstocking all the signing in a specific location and having it pull would have the system organize itself.. as each POG is tied and batched.

I feel like pulling up the backroom detail report for this specific location (that the signing pulls from) could also help with auditing some how.

I know that Signing (specifically the kits they come in) are able to be backstocked, I am just wondering if it pulls when the pog the signing belongs to is batched. (ei. just like a regular item). Remodel coming up and am not getting anytime to sort. So I figured that backstocking all the signing in a specific location and having it pull would have the system organize itself.. as each POG is tied and batched.

I feel like pulling up the backroom detail report for this specific location (that the signing pulls from) could also help with auditing some how.

What happens if the signs start getting pulled in the CAFs? It used to be "best practice" to locate fixtures and whatnot, but there's a reason why people stopped doing that (or didn't do it in the first place).

I really really hope so that could save so much time

Have you noticed if you scan the barcode on a signing box it will come up with numerous locations? That's because the same backer paper or sign could be used in multiple locations. So by doing this you a) would have to insure it was pulled before the set and b) that the right box pulls.

It's not worth your time. Just take the Time to separate it.

I think the biggest problem might be if the aisles have the same backer paper. It will pull every box. I'm sure there are other default problems like "no planograms on file" when we clearly know there is one. This are just the first and foremost things I can think of.

Have you noticed if you scan the barcode on a signing box it will come up with numerous locations? That's because the same backer paper or sign could be used in multiple locations. So by doing this you a) would have to insure it was pulled before the set and b) that the right box pulls.

It's not worth your time. Just take the Time to separate it.
Haha I started typing mine a while ago, clearly we think alike!! I posted and then read yours ;)

It is an awesome idea, but like the locations in the fixture room (when they thought up locating fixtures for pulls) it would most likely not be worth the effort. Plus, if you have time to back stock the signing, you'd be touching each box anyway, therefore "sorting". I'd suggest, if you don't have much time, just store the pallet for electronics until the first night of set, then bring it down and pull off what's being set that night. Repeat until the pallet is small enough to store in your signing area. That's what I did anyway.

Anyone else get the stickers for electronics for displays but have them NOT exactly match what is going back up?
Oh and got the back to school transition manual Friday.... Errrrr the freaking kids aren't even out of school yet!!!
Face plant to something hard!
We've already begun planning BTS... For like a month. BTS for us is 4 months long. No joke. Also I didn't worry too much about signs cause we are remodeling in a month.

Does anyone know what the part number (or name) of the black piece is that goes around the base decks and endcap bases? My PMT and I have been searching like crazy.

Does anyone know what the part number (or name) of the black piece is that goes around the base decks and endcap bases? My PMT and I have been searching like crazy.
Did you try just putting in the part number (or name) for the base deck of the endcap? Sometimes you get presents when you type in what you don't want :D I have found lots of numbers this way
Also try "googling" gondola parts in the workbench search. Seems to me I accidentally bumped into that manual once.

@HearMeRawr3 I will look when I get to work tomorrow, there is also a main page with all sorts of "fixture type manuals" entertainment, E&E, Softlines etc. I will find out what the main page name is and get back to you. Could be there too.

Anyone else get the stickers for electronics for displays but have them NOT exactly match what is going back up?
Oh and got the back to school transition manual Friday.... Errrrr the freaking kids aren't even out of school yet!!!
Face plant to something hard!
The early set notes said something about all of them not getting sent...or some crap. More should be here by the 27th i think it said. I've only put up the one for the gopro endcap. The rest were not offered to my team, they are on my clipboard with my set notes and adjacency.

Back