MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

And the kicker??? I had everyone SCREAMING at me (not really but they kept asking) about these bins-"have you seen them?" No no I have not, but if I do I will be sure to let you know!!
- the kicker, early set notes came in AFTER EARLY SET BTS:mad:o_O

image.jpeg
:D:):D:):D:):DIf you are a stalker, or if you just happen to know the chap and passed along the information..... I bow down to you my newest bestest ever friend in the entire world, for making these little suckers a little longer so they FIT and REACH when they are installed!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! :D:):D:):D

Can someone pm me a pic of the signs that for to these displays so I can order?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
View attachment 2323
:D:):D:):D:):DIf you are a stalker, or if you just happen to know the chap and passed along the information..... I bow down to you my newest bestest ever friend in the entire world, for making these little suckers a little longer so they FIT and REACH when they are installed!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! :D:):D:):D

I need a part number, this would have saved me what feels like an hour and a TON of swearing on the two focals in seasonal...

I have larger than average hands, so putting this together is like fine surgery for me, and feels like it when I am done.

Hello everyone,

I am new to the thread as well as signing and Target all together. I am my stores new signing team member, replacing someone who didn't care much about the job. I was left with cleaning and far more. I recently threw out a whole bunch of trash, finally have time to set up the area to make it functional. I just started two weeks ago.

I tried to read through everything, but 188 pages is a lot...I have a signing tub and was wondering how do you guys have your set up and what is on it? How is your area set up, etc. We are a Pfresh store, I believe that's how it's said/spelled. Lol.

I was wondering if you guys have tips for keeping and being organized.

We have a lot of stuff from before I had arrived that hasn't been put up, some stuff dating back until May, what should I do? A lot of those signs aren't set with a home, etc.

Hello everyone,

I am new to the thread as well as signing and Target all together. I am my stores new signing team member, replacing someone who didn't care much about the job. I was left with cleaning and far more. I recently threw out a whole bunch of trash, finally have time to set up the area to make it functional. I just started two weeks ago.

I tried to read through everything, but 188 pages is a lot...I have a signing tub and was wondering how do you guys have your set up and what is on it? How is your area set up, etc. We are a Pfresh store, I believe that's how it's said/spelled. Lol.

I was wondering if you guys have tips for keeping and being organized.

We have a lot of stuff from before I had arrived that hasn't been put up, some stuff dating back until May, what should I do? A lot of those signs aren't set with a home, etc.
Wow holy crap!!! Welcome!! Run! Just kidding. Did you go for training? Pfresh is a store that isn't a "super target" that has groceries. What do you mean by "without a home"?

@IvanH btw lol, you are about to embark upon the most hellish ride if your life. It started in May. Lol. It will end somewhere eh... Mid meh dec ish (so ya know 2 week break, if you can call it a break during 4th quarter) pick back up in Jan - March and break a bit for 2 month sortaish. That being said, you should always have a solid 28hr schedule or more.
If you haven't been trained, INSIST. Especially since you have no background, then you have a contact person to ask outside your tbr family. But friend, put you on some good padding, and set a good night rest. Your brain about to burst.

..for making these little suckers a little longer so they FIT and REACH
You will not catch me, even dead, expressing any blessings for those things, even if they do reach.. If I were a wager-er, I'd wager that whoever designs shippers is sleeping with whoever the supplier is for those and the little screwdrivers, because they are the most worthless pieces of hardware in the entire store. They are too easy to fumble, and are far too complicated for such a simple task. All that is needed is an xmas tree clip in most cases -- never one of those things.

Spent far too much time trying to screw in little bolts on shippers when all that was needed was an xmas tree clip that does the same job in 2 seconds each what those require in 30-60 each, if they do ever reach and if they do ever line up.. Viking, Xmas, canoe clips I'm okay with.. but anything that requires the mini screwdrivers I am just rigging up somehow in order to not use those horrible things >=P

You will not catch me, even dead, expressing any blessings for those things, even if they do reach.. If I were a wager-er, I'd wager that whoever designs shippers is sleeping with whoever the supplier is for those and the little screwdrivers, because they are the most worthless pieces of hardware in the entire store. They are too easy to fumble, and are far too complicated for such a simple task. All that is needed is an xmas tree clip in most cases -- never one of those things.

Spent far too much time trying to screw in little bolts on shippers when all that was needed was an xmas tree clip that does the same job in 2 seconds each what those require in 30-60 each, if they do ever reach and if they do ever line up.. Viking, Xmas, canoe clips I'm okay with.. but anything that requires the mini screwdrivers I am just rigging up somehow in order to not use those horrible things >=P
I used to love my set of stubby tools...no more since bts last year. I have a screwdriver I use instead of the ones they send though. It's short but not that short. Bought at some point in the last decade from who knows where...

Welcome @IvanH .. I direct you to two of my my prior and (somewhat ranty) intro-to-signing posts. Be sure to also search for US Chain Signing Guide on workbench (also always listed in my signature). It is a guide that is given to signing people who are being handed-off a newly constructed store, so that those who have little or no familiarity with things can know what stuff it, and has worlds of application for even veteran signing TMs..

#1 MEGATHREAD - Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of dispair)
#2 MEGATHREAD - Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of dispair)

Haha, I meant it doesn't show a location on the PDA or MY DEVICE. o_O. I'm ready for that ride to hell.xD @Signduck.

Thank you @Sisyphus that will help me load tomorrow.
Ok depending on WHAT it is... It is either not tied yet, will never have a location but SHOULD go up, or is softlines. I wouldn't worry about too much softlines stuff at the moment. It all about to change over. For fall lol.
Get help setting up your quick links on WB. You need monthly signing updates. Transition communication. MAKE SURE YOU READ BOTH. Consistently. It lets you know what goes up/down(-errrr most of the time) and what to expect of your load most of the time. Make sure you partner with your pog TL frequently about questions. Some of this stuff is just going to come with time, territory,& experience. We all have our own way of doing things, expectations organization skill and then take all that and toss it out the window because spot has a WHOLE different idea about paying stock holders lol. But you should be fine if you have a positive attitude & roll with the punches.

Back